TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Surprisingly Sam Reid is the 4th most accurate player in the AFL this season!!! Genuinely surprised as I'll always remember him as a forward who couldn't hit the side of a barn

His kicking is underrated. He has missed a few howlers that stick in peoples mind. However his kicking has never been as bad as it has been made out.

Only once has he kicked more behinds than goals in a season (2011 his first full season 22.26).

Since 2012 he has kicked 124.72 or 63%.

(Which would still put him in the top 10 in the AFL this season)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swansfan51

Jun 3, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
still been average this year but at least played every week
He's tracking at about his expected output, slightly higher

2019 averages

Disposals - 11.1
Marks - 4.9
Contested marks - 1.7
Goals - 1.4
Goal assists - 0.4

Career averages

Disposals - 11.2
Marks - 4.6
Contested marks - 1.5
Goals - 1.1
Goal assists - 0.3

bungee

Trump dump
Aug 16, 2006
South East England.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I follow no other, only Swans
Good to see Reid lift when we needed it in the third quarter. Shame some of our other forwards didn't do more. We had a real chance to put the game away in the 3rd when we completely dominated play but inaccuracy and poor attrocious decision making cost us dearly and let the drug cheats back into the game.

sthmelb_dimmies

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
This guy has huge potential and i'm sure he will come good with goals at some point, but he almost lost us the game today. What is up with this guy. Natural footballer, great to watch, but geez, his conversion rate is woeful. What is he doing wrong? How could he improve his return for effort, because god knows he needs to if he is to become the potent forward we all know he could be. How would he combine with Jesse White?
How’s the Nostradamus skills on this guy. Summed up Reid’s whole career with the FIRST POST of Reid’s thread. Bravo.

Bonz

Insert something witty here
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
For those saying Reid has been average this year.

Dawson, Buddy and maybe McVeigh aside would you like to be a forward that gets our disposal to the forward line?

Personally I think Reid has been more than solid and would be tracking for top 10 in our best and fairest.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
For those saying Reid has been average this year.

Dawson, Buddy and maybe McVeigh aside would you like to be a forward that gets our disposal to the forward line?

Personally I think Reid has been more than solid and would be tracking for top 10 in our best and fairest.

Bet you he doesn’t finish top 10

Bonz

Insert something witty here
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Bet you he doesn’t finish top 10
You have to remember, that the Swan's report Best and fairest results on how you perform your role in the team rather than pure performance.

Right now he would be tracking below

Rampe
Hewitt
Parker
Aliir
Papley
Llyod
Dawson
Heeney

After that its hard to see who could be ahead of him. Kennedy, Buddy and Jones have missed too many games. Melican and Mill's have been up and down.

I think his tracking for a lower top ten finish but it wouldn't surprise me if he finishes 11th or 12th.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
You have to remember, that the Swan's report Best and fairest results on how you perform your role in the team rather than pure performance.

Rampe
Hewitt
Parker
Aliir
Papley
Llyod
Dawson
Heeney

After that its hard to see who could be ahead of him. Kennedy, Buddy and Jones have missed too many games. Melican and Mill's have been up and down.

I think his tracking for a lower top ten finish but it wouldn't surprise me if he finishes 11th or 12th.
I agree with this. And it's not that big an endorsement of Reid's year for him to finish between 9th and 12th in the Skilton. As you say, he'll be competing with people who have been up and down (Mills, I don't think Melican will be that close) and guys who have missed substantial parts of the year (Bud, Kennedy, Jones, Sinclair maybe).

I think he's been alright this year. One great game, a bunch of good games and a bunch of poor-quiet games. He's been valuable because of how young our forward line is without Bud.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots

Rampe
Hewitt
Parker
Aliir
Papley
Llyod
Dawson
Heeney

I don’t need to remember anything

He won’t finish top 10 and never will

How about a simple month long avatar bet?

Syd

Kiss my Assterisk*
Mar 13, 2003
Die Kaffeeklatch
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree with this. And it's not that big an endorsement of Reid's year for him to finish between 9th and 12th in the Skilton. As you say, he'll be competing with people who have been up and down (Mills, I don't think Melican will be that close) and guys who have missed substantial parts of the year (Bud, Kennedy, Jones, Sinclair maybe).

I think he's been alright this year. One great game, a bunch of good games and a bunch of poor-quiet games. He's been valuable because of how young our forward line is without Bud.
At any other Club he would’ve been developed and played as a key forward

None of this makeshift defender, swing man, ruck bullshit and judged accordingly

Top Bottom