Player Watch #20 Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam_Reid_2017.6.jpg

Sam Reid

Sam Reid’s outstanding athleticism and strong contested grab make him a genuine threat inside 50. The 2012 premiership forward showed exactly that when he booted six goals in the Sydney Swans’ clash with Collingwood in Mark Grook at the SCG to win the 2019 Goodes-O’Loughlin Medal. The 2009 draftee can also play as a loose man in defence or pinch-hit in the ruck. Reid has had very little luck on the injury front in his time in red and white, but he didn’t miss an AFL match in 2019. He’s played 143 career games at the top level for a return of 154 goals.

Sam Reid
DOB: 27 December 1991
DEBUT: 2010
DRAFT: #38, 2009 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Wangaratta Rovers (Vic)/Murray U18

126 pages on a bloke taken at pick 38.

I'm not sure what his draft selection has to do with anything. Once he's in the team every week, it doesn't matter if he's pick 1 or a rookie, the fans have a right to scrutinise or justify his place in the team.

I'm not sure what his draft selection has to do with anything. Once he's in the team every week, it doesn't matter if he's pick 1 or a rookie, the fans have a right to scrutinise or justify his place in the team.
Just shows last years draft thread was filled with posts about a top ten pick when in reality it doesn’t really matter where you are drafted. A bust in the top 10 is the same as bust in the third round.

Mate you should get a job in the AFL! The pay is great and no one seems to be as smart as you. You could really put money where your mouth is and bring all your FI to bare.

Do you really, honestly, think you've got a better sense of what a key forward needs to do to help a team win a game of footy than John Longmire?
Oh The Club ! The Club ! Yes trust In The Club ! I've worked with plenty of Ex AFL Players and Blokes who have Been On Coaching Panels at AFL Level and some of them have NFI. So If you think all People who are plying their trade at AFL Level be it Coach or Talent Identifier are all Supreme Judges and People outside the system have no clue then put your cap on. Club Apologists all alive and well.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate you should get a job in the AFL! The pay is great and no one seems to be as smart as you. You could really put money where your mouth is and bring all your FI to bare.

Do you really, honestly, think you've got a better sense of what a key forward needs to do to help a team win a game of footy than John Longmire?

Where did I say that ? Reid has as much impact on a game as your reply does. Zero.

Well you seem to think that anyone who thinks Reid can play footy is an idiot and that you know better than the club staff who select him, who all have NFI. Longmire is one of those staff and pretty consistently selects Reid for I presume his understanding of Reids capacity to influence the outcome of the match.

You said anyone who thinks Reid is anything other than useless has NFI. Just say it "I understand footy better than Longmire" you clearly think it.
Where did I say that ? Reid has as much impact on a game as your reply does. Zero.

The pick is the latest deflection about his output.

Started late last year.

Well you seem to think that anyone who thinks Reid can play footy is an idiot and that you know better than the club staff who select him, who all have NFI. Longmire is one of those staff and pretty consistently selects Reid for I presume his understanding of Reids capacity to influence the outcome of the match.

You said anyone who thinks Reid is anything other than useless has NFI. Just say it "I understand footy better than Longmire" you clearly think it.

No I just understand it better than you.

My points stand.

Go have a sook somewhere else.

Wow ! Will be the first child born in Australia with a torn hamstring.

I share your thoughts on Reid as a footballer, but you make the idea that you have nothing against him personally very hard to believe, when you can't resist taking a swipe at him for even just a bit of personal news.

I share your thoughts on Reid as a footballer, but you make the idea that you have nothing against him personally very hard to believe, when you can't resist taking a swipe at him for even just a bit of personal news.

I don't know and don't want to know him so personal it is not. I am not your typical Fanboy you find around these parts. Its not personal at all. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Am I filthy that he has swanned his way through his career as an overrated overpaid hack that has not stood up as a key forward option when we have most needed ? Yeah I am. This he has played his role is a crock of s**t. He is not a role player more a ****ing monument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, my opinion is he's a poor to average player capable of contributing to winning games of football. The evidence is that view is shared with Longmire.

So either both me and Longmire have NFI, or you're smarter than both of us.

Condescending ...
No I just understand it better than you.

My points stand.

Go have a sook somewhere else.

Yep rare in comparison to the duffle coat wearing autograph hunting Fanboys on here. I just don't let fan adulation infect my posts.
Why do you have to insult fans that prefer to be positive and hopeful. What's wrong with wanting autographs, wearing dufflecoats and being adulate? Fair you may not be as optimistic as some of us, but lets be respectful, yeah?

Just googled Sam Reid Contract, it's amazing I couldn't find one article that gives Sam Reid's salary that isn't the journos opinion, yet people on here seem to know it, can someone PM me the copies of the 3 contracts he has signed so I can be in the loop? Punts, Wolfgang you obviously have them.
Epic fail. You should have googled Samuel Reid Contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Back