20 to 1 :One Hit Wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

JUBJUB said:
Didn't Kenny Loggins have a 2nd hit here ?
I'm sure Danger Zone from the Top Gun movie was popular here.
Is actually a bit off here Lidge.Loggins is hardly a one hit wonder.Apart from Footloose and Danger Zone,he had a hit in 1979 with a song called 'I'm Alright' which was also used in the Caddyshack film,and prior to that was part of a group called the Sanford & Townshend band who had a hit in 1976 with 'Smoke Froma A Distant Fire',and prior to that a hit in 1972 with 'Your Momma Don't Dance' with Jim Messina from Buffalo Springfield known as 'Loggins & Messina.

Nowadays gives songwriting master classes at various music colleges' in and around Los Angeles most noticeably the Musicians Institute in North Hollywood.But hardly a one hit wonder...

mark73 said:
Is actually a bit off here Lidge.Loggins is hardly a one hit wonder.Apart from Footloose and Danger Zone,he had a hit in 1979 with a song called 'I'm Alright' which was also used in the Caddyshack film,and prior to that was part of a group called the Sanford & Townshend band who had a hit in 1976 with 'Smoke Froma A Distant Fire',and prior to that a hit in 1972 with 'Your Momma Don't Dance' with Jim Messina from Buffalo Springfield known as 'Loggins & Messina.

Nowadays gives songwriting master classes at various music colleges' in and around Los Angeles most noticeably the Musicians Institute in North Hollywood.But hardly a one hit wonder...

Ithink Mark73 should be big footys official entry on Rock Wiz!!

OK guys and gals, here is my one hit wonders of the 1990's list!!!

1. Macarena- Los Del Rio
2. Butterfly Kisses- Bob Carlisle
3. I love you (Always Forever) Donna Lewis
4. Sleepless Satellite- Tasmin Archer
5. WHOOMP! There it is- Tag Team
6. Unbelievable-EMF
7. Right Here,Right Now- Jesus Jones
8. That's what love can do- Boy Krazy
9. You don't have to go home tonight- The Triplets
10. Black Velvet- Alana Miles
11. I don't want to fall in love- Jane Child
12. Mambo #5- Lou Bega
13. Steal My Sunshine- LEN
14. 500 Miles- The Proclaimers
15. Achy Breaky Heart- Billy Ray Cyrus
16. I can never be you woman- I forgot the artist's name
17. Rico Suave- Gerardo
18. The Postman song (Because I Love You)- Glen Midaros (SIC?)
19. Show Me Love- Robin
20. Barbie Girl- Aqua

Theres is more where that came from!!!

mark73 said:

And don't forget "The Heat Is On"....that was pretty big wasn't it?

GED YLE said:
14. 500 Miles- The Proclaimers

Also had "I'm On my Way" which appeared on Shrek when Shrek and Donkey were going to rescue Princess Fiona.

GED YLE said:
16. I can never be you woman- I forgot the artist's name

Whitetown

GED YLE said:
20. Barbie Girl- Aqua

They also had Turn Back Time which was their attempt at a serious song and was on the movie "Sliding Doors".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back