20 year ban - Local footy incident (CHARGE'S LAID)

Remove this Banner Ad

It happened real quick behind play pretty much. Not many saw what actually happened .
The kid ran off as soon as he booted him

On EVA-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unbelievable, I feel sorry you had to be on the field when something like that happened.. I feel sorry for the victim of the attack and also for the other blokes just out their trying to have fun playing footy being exposed to that bullshit.

Surely kicking in danger.

Jokes aside, should be life ban and I'm sure he will be charged by the QLD police if he hasn't been already.

20 years is odd. Do they want him to come back and try and kick people when he's 50 years of age?

It's basically a life ban without having to say it is....
very poor taste of humour btw...

20 year ban from playing doesn't do it for me. You're telling me he's still free to roam the streets after that?
Yep. No brainfade allows you to do that. This is something you think through.

I can argue somebody punching someone being a brainfade where you're just pissed off and it's a quick 2 seconds that you just snap. Such as Barry Hall. But not this.

Should come with imprisonment and a civil settlement.

It's understandable that the victim may have a "let it go" philosophy, but the sport and the league should pursue charges or a monetary settlement to make it clear that there is no room for this. This isn't solely about the interests of the two players involved, but setting an example for the sport as a whole.

I actually had a joking conversation with a friend a few weeks back about how long you'd get for exactly that or as I called it 'going full Randy Orton'. Guess that answers the question.

In all seriousness though, there's absolutely zero excuse for that kind of attack. Getting into a scuffle and throwing a jumper punch is one thing, kicking someone in the head when they're down is another entirely, could have done permanant brain damage to the bloke.

Just saw this on FB.

That's gotta be the worst assault I've seen on a sporting field since that rugby player in England(?) years ago got a life ban after headbutting and roundhousing a referee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he will get charged, no doubt about it. Hope he gets serious jail time
Yep, easily the most dispicable act i have seen on a footy field

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't believe that this person isn't sitting in a jail cell, that is one very serious assault, you can see by the way his head and neck moves that it was a really hard kick designed to do damage.

"What happens on the field days on the field?"
NO, that is not a good message and the victim should not have said that..bad bad message.

He had a mini run-up and booted him in the head with full force. Could've caused permanent brain damage or even death if he hit him in the right spot. Weak gutless prick needs to be thrown into jail

Just got up to speed on this. That's straight up criminal assault. I now they don't want to let the legal genie out of the bottle but this surely crosses the line.

Luckily he "only" clipped him and didn't connect fully, could have been so much more damage done.

Would be very happy for police to pursue charges without the victim pursuing it.

Just curious as to what people think would happen if a player in the AFL did this?

Well, the AFL first of all would meet with their lawyers to determine how detrimental it may be to their brand. Then they would explore the possibility of sweeping it under the carpet, even though it was captured on video. Understanding that they couldn't do this, they would then issue a stern warning to other players that this type of incident won't be tolerated in future. Then, taking into account the player's clean record, they would issue a $1500 fine, and arrange future employment for the player in the media. When interviewed, Gil would just say he hasn't seen the incident but is confident it was dealt with fairly and justly while he was overseas.

Luckily he "only" clipped him and didn't connect fully, could have been so much more damage done.

Would be very happy for police to pursue charges without the victim pursuing it.

I wonder if the police would wait for the victim to lay a complaint, in the case of murder

Watch the video carefully.

Our coward the shitkicker shoves the bloke down to the ground and then tees off.

In some comps, retribution would have been swift.

The afl has its players behaving just like law makers, justice system and police have our normal members of public. Too scared to react to crimes and violence. The consequences to victims who defend themselves or those nearby to intervene far outweigh jumping in. Those who do end up being suspended for games or criminally charged.

Its just a guess, but I am sure this thug has a decent Criminal history and has been involved with assaults on the field which probably were not captured on video.

Would like some context. We have the footage of the guy getting bumped over and then a guy kicks him in the head. The guy who got kicked is happy with the ban but doesn't want to pursue it further.

Absolutely not condoning any action but you don't just kick someone in the head for no reason. Something must have happened prior. May have just been a mouthy guy or he was a niggler but got to be some provocation for that. And to not pursue criminal charges just seems like they would prefer the incident to be buried. Just seems to be something missing from the story that would be interesting to know. However, whatever provocation that kind of reaction is a disgrace.

Would like some context. We have the footage of the guy getting bumped over and then a guy kicks him in the head. The guy who got kicked is happy with the ban but doesn't want to pursue it further.

Absolutely not condoning any action but you don't just kick someone in the head for no reason. Something must have happened prior. May have just been a mouthy guy or he was a niggler but got to be some provocation for that. And to not pursue criminal charges just seems like they would prefer the incident to be buried. Just seems to be something missing from the story that would be interesting to know. However, whatever provocation that kind of reaction is a disgrace.

How much footage would you like to see? 5 minutes prior? 10mins? Continuous footage from the start of the game? From when they made eye contact whilst parking their cars before the game? How about footage from previous games to observe the extent of these niggles?

Oh, but footage does not have sound. Without knowing what language was used by the victim how can you get a full understanding and context with just footage?

People do and I've seen them do it on a footy field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back