Delisted #20: Zac Clarke - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a hard one because there’s no one else. But dear me, this guy is woeful. No ruck craft, even when he has a clear run at it he can’t tap to a mid.

I’d take Bellchambers on one leg.

Cannot persist with this guy he is a complete liability. Cant mark, cant kick, cant even ruck. And the worst part is he doesnt look like he gives a damn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was OK - we were losing the hit outs no matter what but he managed to get a few touches and his handballing is actually pretty good.

He gets in pretty good positions to receive too but I must admit I get a bit nervous when he's used like that.

Not sure what people expect from a third string ruck. Most weeks he is managing to be competitive, we aren’t being dominated.

Gives effort, competes - he’ll be totally outclassed against the best but Hartley is the only other option. To me it’s horses for courses...I’d think about running Hartley against a Grundy or Stef Martin but Clarke defiantly better against a Sandi or Gawn.

Smack is not an option - he is required as a forward.

Not sure what people expect from a third string ruck. Most weeks he is managing to be competitive, we aren’t being dominated.

Gives effort, competes - he’ll be totally outclassed against the best but Hartley is the only other option. To me it’s horses for courses...I’d think about running Hartley against a Grundy or Stef Martin but Clarke defiantly better against a Sandi or Gawn.

Smack is not an option - he is required as a forward.

Spot on

Dude can't even get close to breaking even in the ruck and is a liability in every other facet of the game. We seriously shat the bed not picking up a ruck at the mid season draft.
If we're gonna get belted in hit outs at least have someone who can compete around the ground.
Please woosha, ruck rotation of smack harts n Hooksy

I think Clarke has been serviceable at best for us. He has improved somewhat. I just don’t like some of the decision making he does. His Kicking is far off AFL standard. His Tap work is great but it usually goes to the opposition. These are Zac Clarke’s Stats this season. His ability to miss the simplest shots has also been bad for us. Although if we didn’t have him I think we would be screwed.

Matches: 9
Avg Disposals: 10.00
Disposal Efficiency: 71%
Scoring: 0.6
Marks: 23
Uncontested: 17
Contested: 6
Clearances: 25
Tackles: 24
Hit outs: 188 avg 20.90

Pretty sure I have lost touch with reality / had my expectations dramatically lowered as I feel like Zac was kind of ok last weekend.
short of missing the unmissable in front of goal, he did ok given he was up against a beast in Sandy & a good ruckman in Darcy.

Has done what you need from a 3rd ruck.
We need to reshuffle in 2020

Find a #1 (even if its for 2 years), drop TBC to #2 whilst Draper recovers.

I think Clarke has been serviceable at best for us. He has improved somewhat. I just don’t like some of the decision making he does. His Kicking is far off AFL standard. His Tap work is great but it usually goes to the opposition. These are Zac Clarke’s Stats this season. His ability to miss the simplest shots has also been bad for us. Although if we didn’t have him I think we would be screwed.

Matches: 9
Avg Disposals: 10.00
Disposal Efficiency: 71%
Scoring: 0.6
Marks: 23
Uncontested: 17
Contested: 6
Clearances: 25
Tackles: 24
Hit outs: 188 avg 20.90
Barely ok. His kicking for goal is just terrible. It’s hard to understand an AFL footballer missing from 15m dead in front.

short of missing the unmissable in front of goal, he did ok given he was up against a beast in Sandy & a good ruckman in Darcy.

Has done what you need from a 3rd ruck.
We need to reshuffle in 2020

Find a #1 (even if its for 2 years), drop TBC to #2 whilst Draper recovers.
Or bring in a number 2 for one year and then Draper takes over. Cos you know, Bellchambers is still a good #1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back