Delisted #20: Zac Clarke - Delisted - 24/10

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Or bring in a number 2 for one year and then Draper takes over. Cos you know, Bellchambers is still a good #1.
He is.
If there was faith we could keep him on the park, a solid second ruck would work for me too.
I'd even take a look at Soldo - once Nank is back i can see Nank and Chol being the Tigers preferred.
Soldo may end up being perennial 2nd ruck (either to Bellchambers or Draper), but it's better than being 3rd :)

Resumes running in 5 weeks time...

Zac Clarke is due to commence running in five weeks, after sustaining a stress fracture of his fibula late in the season.

Delisted after playing nine games this year. Thanks for your service Zac.

The club has made further changes to its list with Zac Clarke, Trent Mynott, Jake Long and Tuth (Tom) Jok informed they will not be offered contracts for the 2020 season.

After 11 years and 101 games with Fremantle, Clarke arrived at the Bombers at the end of 2018 and played nine games for the red and black this season.
from member email

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
loved how he improved quite a bit after a couple of the worst games ever played by anyone.
that showed real grit.
thanks zac - all the best.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
So now we only have 2 fit ruckman for the first half of the year. I assume we are taking Clarke in the rookie draft.

Got another AFL year that he wouldn’t have got anywhere else. I think he’d be happy with that.
It's not beyond the realms of possibility he gets a gig somewhere else given there seems to be a permanent shortage of backup rucks

So now we only have 2 fit ruckman for the first half of the year. I assume we are taking Clarke in the rookie draft.

He is already on the Rookie list. I don't claim to know all the machinations of the draft and list management, but if we wanted Clarke as a rookie we would not have had to delist him.

Edit. In terms of listed ruckmen, Stewart, Daniher and McKernan are cover for Bellchambers, Phillips and Draper. It's just that this year we had the perfect storm where 3-5 of these guys were out at any one time.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

Good chance we draft one I reckon. National or rookie draft. We’ve got The Established, The Anointed and The Backup. Just need The Project and we’ll have the full set of rucks.

Good chance we draft one I reckon. National or rookie draft. We’ve got The Established, The Anointed and The Backup. Just need The Project and we’ll have the full set of rucks.
Enter Riley Bowman...

Back