Delisted #20: Zac Clarke - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it definitely hasnt been as promising but let's not pretend I was the only person excited by Laverde in 2015 and 2016 in particular (and that there wasn't good reason to be)
Let's not pretend you didn't just claim the club picked a player up from the state league without bothering to get anyone to see him play.

I'm very interested to see someone point to a team in any sport in the world that has a 100% strike rate with players they draft or trade for.

Hanging a club because a player didn't work out is stupid.

I'm very interested to see someone point to a team in any sport in the world that has a 100% strike rate with players they draft or trade for.

Hanging a club because a player didn't work out is stupid.
So am I.

What is wrong with some of you? It's not like we wasted a top pick and heaps of cash on the bloke, he was a cheap break in case of emergency rookie who was behind three/four blokes who all happened to either fall down injured (Bellchambers, Draper, Daniher) or were forced to play elsewhere (McKernan).

He didn't work but it had little to no bearing on our short and long term prospects, so just get over it and move on.

Lol. You can't actually believe that.

It is to believe than it is that someone we paid money to could have been stupid enough to suggest we recruit him.

Not watching him play is hardly that extreme a concept. He was a former AFL player, they will have spoken to his coach who will have talked Clarke up, others will have been asked.

Ergo his form was great. The numbers looked better than anyone else taken from the second tier comps in recent memory. It's extremely strange to me that anyone watching him objectively could have missed it by that much.

We are not talking about a promising kid who has struggled with injury. He was a 28yo ruckman in his physical prime.

For the record, I dont think anyone at Essendon paid any attention to Fantasia until Basset suggested that we recruit him.

It is to believe than it is that someone we paid money to could have been stupid enough to suggest we recruit him.

Not watching him play is hardly that extreme a concept. He was a former AFL player, they will have spoken to his coach who will have talked Clarke up, others will have been asked.

Ergo his form was great. The numbers looked better than anyone else taken from the second tier comps in recent memory. It's extremely strange to me that anyone watching him objectively could have missed it by that much.

We are not talking about a promising kid who has struggled with injury. He was a 28yo ruckman in his physical prime.

For the record, I dont think anyone at Essendon paid any attention to Fantasia until Basset suggested that we recruit him.
He was the best performing state ruckman last year. We watched him and others and picked the best performing.

Any other suggestion is desperate grandstanding from a deluded poster that believes nobody sees through his bluster.

Just thought I'd leave Zac Clarke's stats for the last 10 rounds of 2018 here
Screenshot_20191030-201438_Chrome.jpg

He kicked 28 goals in 2018 and averaged 39 hitouts and 17 disposals over the course of the year. I don't know what planet you are on, but that seems like pretty good form

So, if they watched him play, like any reasonable person would think they did, it is understandable that they thought someone playing the way he was could provide support as an emergency ruck on the rookie list.

To say someone would be stupid if they watched him play last year and thought he could fill in as a ruck, shows less about their ability and more towards your seeming complete lack of research and actual knowledge of the thing that you act like you are an authority of.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac's best was ok and his worst was deplorable, but the big question is....at 204cm is Zac a chance to remain in the AFL system?

Just thought I'd leave Zac Clarke's stats for the last 10 rounds of 2018 here
View attachment 772230

He kicked 28 goals in 2018 and averaged 39 hitouts and 17 disposals over the course of the year. I don't know what planet you are on, but that seems like pretty good form

So, if they watched him play, like any reasonable person would think they did, it is understandable that they thought someone playing the way he was could provide support as an emergency ruck on the rookie list.

To say someone would be stupid if they watched him play last year and thought he could fill in as a ruck, shows less about their ability and more towards your seeming complete lack of research and actual knowledge of the thing that you act like you are an authority of.

Why are you quoting stats which I've acknowledged are good as though it makes a difference?

At the start of this discussion I said we recruited him based on stats.

In the post you quoted, I said his stats are unlike anyone elses.

We are in heated agreement about his stats.

tenor.gif

This really is the dumbest post of the year. There may be a couple of months left but nothing is going to beat this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back