Player Watch #20: Zac Clarke - Omitted - 16/5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
This thread could get pretty damn spicy over the next 24 hours. Bring some water*

*Milk helps you cope better with spice than water but it would've sounded weird to say bring some milk so I've made an editorial decision to use water and I will always stand by said decision

DapperDon

Waiting for Essendon to arrive
AFL Club
Essendon
This guy got paid quite a lot of money for what he did tonight.

I understand we have injuries and that says this guy must play due to height, but i'd happily redraft Alwyn Davey to ruck over this giant waste of human filth. He should never get the chance to wear this Guernsey again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lore

AFL Club
Essendon
Moderator #187
As much as I am not really a fan of this guy, he is one of two healthy ruckman we have at the moment. He's also one of 4 players around the 200cm mark that we have that are currently healthy. The other three are Hooker, Bellchambers and Michael Hartley.

As much as I am not really a fan WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS. We can't run it in on a small ground with a flooded zone. We can't bomb it in if there's no one tall enough or capable of jumping high enough to mark it. This is what we are left with.

The only thing I can say is I wish this guy had a bit more training in bringing the ball to ground and getting it to someone who can kick straight.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
504 Gateway Time-outs
Moderator #188
This thread could get pretty damn spicy over the next 24 hours. Bring some water*

*Milk helps you cope better with spice than water but it would've sounded weird to say bring some milk so I've made an editorial decision to use water and I will always stand by said decision
I don't think that would've sounded weird just for the record.

jmoo wan

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
As much as I am not really a fan of this guy, he is one of two healthy ruckman we have at the moment. He's also one of 4 players around the 200cm mark that we have that are currently healthy. The other three are Hooker, Bellchambers and Michael Hartley.

As much as I am not really a fan WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS. We can't run it in on a small ground with a flooded zone. We can't bomb it in if there's no one tall enough or capable of jumping high enough to mark it. This is what we are left with.

The only thing I can say is I wish this guy had a bit more training in bringing the ball to ground and getting it to someone who can kick straight.
counterpoint: ruckpeople are the most overrated positions on the ground and a **** ruck is worse for the team than no ruck.

Lore

AFL Club
Essendon
Moderator #196
Never been a fan of playing two rucks - And to think EFC is intent on getting another ruck in the mid-season draft to replace Draper - When will they learn.
I doubt we'd be playing two rucks if we had healthy KPFs.

And of course we need to replace Draper, with McKernan down and the other two injury prone we're pretty close to screwed for talls atm, other than in defence (hence robbing defence to pay the forward line).

AFL Club
Essendon
I never thought it was possible to hate a tall player as much as Kepler Bradley.

And it is so. And I hate Clarke as a player more than all the pathetic KP moments put together as a bomber.

Who knew 💁‍♂️

yaco55

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
I doubt we'd be playing two rucks if we had healthy KPFs.

And of course we need to replace Draper, with McKernan down and the other two injury prone we're pretty close to screwed for talls atm, other than in defence (hence robbing defence to pay the forward line).
You can use a smaller forward line - Anyone Clarke's three performances for EFC re-emphasis my argument not to choose a ruck in the mid-season draft.

windyhill

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
I've held off on Clarke but oh ****. He did play some good football at Freo. And we do play them next week, clubs do love playing former players against their previous homes. Not sure he can survive after Syd game though. Oh ****.

Top Bottom