Delisted #20: Zac Clarke - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I am not really a fan of this guy, he is one of two healthy ruckman we have at the moment. He's also one of 4 players around the 200cm mark that we have that are currently healthy. The other three are Hooker, Bellchambers and Michael Hartley.

As much as I am not really a fan WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS. We can't run it in on a small ground with a flooded zone. We can't bomb it in if there's no one tall enough or capable of jumping high enough to mark it. This is what we are left with.

The only thing I can say is I wish this guy had a bit more training in bringing the ball to ground and getting it to someone who can kick straight.
I agree with what you’re saying but we’d be better off playing just the one ruckman from here on in. I understand him playing against Sydney, as I’ve said previously, due to TBC injury cloud but Clarke simply isn’t up to AFL standard and in my opinion never has been.

Probably our most important player in terms of a VFL flag. Goetz and Read aren't VFL standard and Bowman isn't a first ruck.
I noticed in the VFL thread you liked his presence and attack. I noticed one bit of play out on a wing where Lobbe had to sit under a bit of a hospital ball, and Zac had the opportunity to clean him up, but he was way too nice. Lobbe was going ok at that point and i was pissed he did not go harder. I missed the later part of the game...maybe he started to get more physical as the game went on.

I noticed in the VFL thread you liked his presence and attack. I noticed one bit of play out on a wing where Lobbe had to sit under a bit of a hospital ball, and Zac had the opportunity to clean him up, but he was way too nice. Lobbe was going ok at that point and i was pissed he did not go harder. I missed the later part of the game...maybe he started to get more physical as the game went on.
I didn't really notice that and the attack on Daisy may have blinded me somewhat. Still, with our VFL KPP stocks I think he's crucial if we're to win a flag, if he gets on top in a ruck duel the quality of Mynott, Mutch, Clarke (if he plays finals, has secured eligibility already) and Myers will put us in good stead.

Um. Can he please play VFL? Because this will have been his third week in a row without playing a game without being injured. Plus he needs 4 more VFL games to qualify for finals so...

Heldover/travelling emg? +club wide bye?
Yeah pretty much, if he played the last two weeks he could be all but qualified for finals which is frustrating.

And this is why I wanted him playing VFL. Now either we play him in the seniors (basically means no VFL finals) or we're stuck with McKernan as a first ruck giving away free kicks.

A Ceglar type back up would be primo.
To have a VFL standard ruck whilst we play Clarke in the seniors? Absolutely!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly struggled playing the number 2 ruck role behind Belly. Excited to see his work as number 1 ruck.

Excited is a strong word, I’m definitely interested though.

He’s got a golden opportunity to win himself another contract and solve a big problem for us. If he can even be average and hold the fort down he shapes as the perfect backup for the next 18 months ish.

Bowman has looked pretty good from what I've seen.
I like him a lot, but when push comes to shove at the end of the season, I can't see him beating any of Soldo/CCJ, Meese or Goodwin/Haretuku. I'd be very interested in seeing how he and Gown work together forward.

I'm actually keen to see how he goes as a #1 ruck. It should mean less time forward than he's played in his 3 games this season, ie less exposure to his biggest weakness, his goal kicking. McKernan being in helps this even more.

He's averaged 12 hitouts per game this season from limited time in the ruck (not sure if someone can find that out) and some of his handballing in congestion wasn't the worst either. Here's hoping for a solid game from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back