The Hippie

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2001
Temora, N.S.W.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Temora Roos
Time to test your fortune telling skills. Who will be in the playoffs.

Standings at the moment

AFC
East
NY Jets (7-3)
Miami (6-3)
New England (5-5)
Indianapolis (4-5)
Buffalo (1-8)

Central
Pittsburgh (7-2)
Baltimore (6-4)
Cleveland (5-4)
Cincinatti (4-5)
Jacksonville (3-6)

West
Oakland (7-2)
Seattle (5-4)
Denver (5-5)
San Diego (5-5)
Kansas City (2-7)

NFC
East
Philadelphia (6-3)
NY Giants (5-5)
Washington (4-5)
Arizona (3-6)
Dallas (2-7)

Central
Chicago (7-2)
Green Bay (6-3)
Minnesota (4-5)
Tampa Bay (4-5)
Detroit (0-9)

West
St Louis (8-1)
San Francisco (7-2)
New Orleans (5-4)
Atlanta (5-4)
Carolina (1-9)

Remaining games, (rescheduled Week 2 games last)
Jets..Bye, New England (H), Pittsburgh (A), Cincinnati (H), Indianapolis (A), Buffalo (H), Oakland (A)
Miami..Buffalo (A), Denver (A), Indianapolis (A), San Francisco (H), New England (H), Atlanta (H), Buffalo (H)
New England..New Orleans (H), Jets (A), Cleveland (H), Buffalo (A), Miami (H), Bye, New England (A)
Indianapolis..San Francisco (H), Baltimore (A), Miami (A), Atlanta (H), Jets (H), St Louis (A), Denver (H)

Pittsburgh..Tennessee (A), Minnesota (H), Jets (H), Baltimore (A), Detroit (H), Cincinnati (A), Cleveland (H)
Baltimore..Jacksonville (A), Indianapolis (H), Bye, Pittsburgh (H), Cincinnati (H),Tampa Bay (A), Minnesota (H)
Cleveland..Cincinnati (H), Tennessee (H), New England (A), Jacksonville (H), Green Bay (A), Tennessee (A), Pittsburgh (A)
Cincinnatti..Cleveland (A), Tampa Bay (H), Jacksonville (H), Jets (A), Baltimore (A), Pittsburgh (H), Tennessee (A)

Oakland..Giants (A), Arizona (H), Kansas City (H), San Diego (A), Tennessee (H), Denver (A), Jets (H)
Seattle..Kansas City (A), San Diego (H), Denver (A), Dallas (H), Giants (A), San Diego (A), Kansas City (H)
Denver..Dallas (A), Miami (A), Seattle (H), Kansas City (A), Bye, Oakland (H), Indianapolis (A)
San Diego..Arizona (H), Seattle (A), Philadelphia (A), Oakland (A) Kansas City (A), Seattle (H), Bye

Philadelphia..Washington (H), Kansas City (A), San Diego (A), Washington (A), San Francisco (A), Giants (H), Tampa Bay (A)
Giants..Oakland (H), Bye, Dallas (A), Arizona (H), Seattle (H), Philadelphia (A), Green Bay (H)
Washington..Philadelphia (A), Dallas (H), Arizona (A), Philadelphia (H), Chicago (H), New Orleans (A), Arizona (H)

Chicago..Minnesota (A), Detroit (H), Green Bay (A), Tampa Bay (H), Washington (A), Detroit (H), Jacksonville (H)
Green Bay..Detroit (A), Jacksonville (A), Chicago (H), Tennessee (A), Cleveland (H), Minnesota (H), Giants (A)
Minnesota..Chicago (H), Pittsburgh (A), Tennessee (H), Detroit (A), Jacksonville (H), Green Bay (A), Baltimore (A)
Tampa Bay..St Louis (A), Cincinnati (A), Detroit (H), Chicago (A), New Orleans (H), Baltimore (H), Philadelphia (H)

St Louis..Tampa Bay (H), Atlanta (A),San Francisco (H), New Orleans (A), Carolina (A), Indianapolis (H), Atlanta (H)
San Francisco..Indianapolis (A), Buffalo (H), St Louis (A), Miami (H), Philadelphia (H), Dallas (A), New Orleans (A)
New Orleans..New England (A), Carolina (H), Atlanta (A), St Louis (H), Tampa Bay (A), Washington (H), San Francisco (H)
Atlanta.. Carolina (A), St Louis (H), New Orleans (H), Indianapolis (A), Buffalo (H), Miami (A), St Louis (A)

How they'll finish
AFC East: Jets (11-5)

Central: Pittsburgh (12-4)

West: Oakland (13-3)

Wildcards: Miami (11-5), Baltimore (11-5), Seattle (10-6)

NFC East: Philadelphia (11-5)

Central: Chicago (12-4)

West: St Louis (14-2)

Wildcards: San Francisco (12-4), Green Bay (11-5), New Orleans (9-7)

Anybody else want to try? :)

Hippie, great minds must think a like because I agree with all the teams you have selected. The only other 2 teams I would consider at this stage are the Broncos and Giants but they haven't been able to put any consistent form on the board this year.

I'm a little disappointed to see Chicago leading the NFC central because that where I believe my Bucs should be. The Bucs have had their opportunities to win more games but they haven't taken them. So I guess I will have to pick another team to follow through the playoffs. At this stage I deceiding between Philly and San Francisco.:)

Re: Who will make the NFL playoffs

Originally posted by The Hippie
How they'll finish
AFC East: Jets (11-5)

Central: Pittsburgh (12-4)

West: Oakland (13-3)

Wildcards: Miami (11-5), Baltimore (11-5), Seattle (10-6)

NFC East: Philadelphia (11-5)

Central: Chicago (12-4)

West: St Louis (14-2)

Wildcards: San Francisco (12-4), Green Bay (11-5), New Orleans (9-7)

Anybody else want to try? :)

I pretty much agree with you, but if Atlanta can get over St. Louis at home and Indianapolis away, they could sneak in at 10-6 or 9-7. I'm hoping anyway.

Re: Re: Who will make the NFL playoffs

Originally posted by DEVO

I pretty much agree with you, but if Atlanta can get over St. Louis at home and Indianapolis away, they could sneak in at 10-6 or 9-7. I'm hoping anyway.

That was the hardest spots to pick, the NFC widcard. When I was looking at it I think I had the Saints, Falcons and Giants all around the same mark. The only reason I didn't put the Falcons in is their hard run home, probably the hardest of the 3. The game at New Orleans will tell which side goes through, I reckon.

Hat, I've been very suprised at the Bears, I thought as the season went on, they may slip, but they haven't looked like it. I think your mob need a miracle, sorry to say. Especially looking at their last 6 games.

I'm also pleasantly suprised at the Jets. When they were 1-2, I thought we might just scrape in, to be leading that division at this stage of the season is a great result so far.

Steg, the Pack will do better than make the playoffs. They'll go to the bowl this year.

Superbowl 36: Green Bay - Oakland

Take the Pack by 7.

Of course, my predictions for the 2001 season have thus far been wildly inaccurate. I stand by my inaccuracy 100% :D

Peace, Mooster

Originally posted by Mooster7
Steg, the Pack will do better than make the playoffs. They'll go to the bowl this year.

Peace, Mooster
And Ahman(sp?) Green will take them there....but only to the NFC Championship game where they will be rolled by St.Louis. I pick St.Louis over Pittsburgh by 2 TD's.

Re: Re: Re: Who will make the NFL playoffs

Hat, I've been very suprised at the Bears, I thought as the season went on, they may slip, but they haven't looked like it. I think your mob need a miracle, sorry to say. Especially looking at their last 6 games.

Hippie, I assume that comment is directed to me and not Hat but I have seen 2 Bears game this year, both of them have been losses. 1 to To the Ravens and the other to the Packers. Their offense is very poor if they can't run the ball them they are in trouble because they can't throw the ball very well. The Bears consider a long pass to be 8 yards. The only reason they beat the Bucs is because they decieded to throw the ball down field for the 1st time all year. Teams will now be aware of that. The only reason the Bears will make the playoffs is because of their defense, the 6 games they won in a row and the fact that they still have a few games at home in those cold freezing conditions which opposition teams will find hard to play in.

As for my Bucs there is always next year, especially considering they are moving to a new division which should make making the playoffs easier for them.

Originally posted by Mooster7

Take the Pack by 7.

Of course, my predictions for the 2001 season have thus far been wildly inaccurate. I stand by my inaccuracy 100% :D

Peace, Mooster

Mooster, I can see why your predicitions are never right, it because they are stupid.;) :)

Did you see the Packers @ Detriot game on Thanksgiving. The Packers were up by 16 points with 2 minutes left and they where lucky to end up winning that game. They will be lucky to win 1 playoff game let alone make the SB.

I agree Oakland will make the SB but I believe their opponent will be St. Louis. Then again at the start of the year I picked Tampa Bay and Denver to make the SB, so I guess you can't rely on my predicitions either.

Shoot, I was meant to be talking to you Carb, at that time of night the connection between my brain and fingers isn't the best. Sorry, dude.

Just going back to what you said about the Bears defense carrying their offense, that is what everyone said about Baltimore last year. I'm not putting Chicago's defense on the same class as last years Ravens, though. They were just a freakish bunch, right personnel at the right time.

Re: Re: Re: Who will make the NFL playoffs

That was the hardest spots to pick, the NFC widcard. When I was looking at it I think I had the Saints, Falcons and Giants all around the same mark. The only reason I didn't put the Falcons in is their hard run home, probably the hardest of the 3. The game at New Orleans will tell which side goes through, I reckon.

I'm also pleasantly suprised at the Jets. When they were 1-2, I thought we might just scrape in, to be leading that division at this stage of the season is a great result so far.

New Orleans lost at New England, and Atlanta scrapped home at Carolina. Atlanta is now fifth in the NFC, a game ahead of the Saints, with St. Louis and New Orleans in the next two weeks, both at home. With their defence now playing the way Reeves wants them too, and the sacking of Chandler occuring less and less, I think Atlanta can win these two games and guarantee themselves a playoff berth.

The Dirty Birds for the Superbowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who will make the NFL playoffs

The Dirty Birds for the Superbowl.

Please don't wish that Devo. I couldn't put up with another boring one sided Superbowl game again.;) :)

Shoot, I was meant to be talking to you Carb, at that time of night the connection between my brain and fingers isn't the best. Sorry, dude.

Just going back to what you said about the Bears defense carrying their offense, that is what everyone said about Baltimore last year. I'm not putting Chicago's defense on the same class as last years Ravens, though. They were just a freakish bunch, right personnel at the right time.

Hippie at least the Baltimore offense had some weapons. They had a better and more reliable running game than Chicago. They also had one of the great TE in Shannon Sharpe and were always dangerous on the long pass because of they speedy recievers.

As for my Bucs they are leading the Rams 24-17 late in the 4th. Again these 2 teams have put on a epic of a game. With their last 3 games they would have to be consider the best modern day rivals in the NFL today.

Win this game and the Bucs will make the playoffs.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who will make the NFL playoffs

Originally posted by carb70

Please don't wish that Devo. I couldn't put up with another boring one sided Superbowl game again.;) :)

I'm looking forward to Falcons thrashing whoever.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who will make the NFL playoffs

I'm looking forward to Falcons thrashing whoever.

Don't count on it. You have the Rams, Saints, Colts, Bills, Miami, &Rams to finish it off.

Your 6-4 right now.

Broken down -
Rams - L
Saints - L
Colts - W
Bills - W
Miami - L
Rams - ? Depending if the Rams need this game for home field advantage.

So your at 8 or 9 wins. In the west the way the Rams and 49'ers are going your out.

Next year with the division split out your in better shape

I think we can win the next four, but more than likely the next three, and I think Miami are a possibility. I think we'll be destroyed by St. Louis in the final game, and therefore go into the first round of playoffs shattered and with our moral at an alltime low, which would be pretty low when you look at our history. I think we'll get shot down iin the first week of the playoffs, but I can dream about Super Bowl success can't I??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back