Here goes for me:

AFC East:
Miami Dolphins edge out the Pats and suprising Jets
AFC North:
No brainer, Steelers too good
AFC South:
Colts Baby !
AFC West:
Tough one, Cant split Raiders and Bronco's, whichever team stays healthy should come out on top
NFC East:
McNabb and Eagles too good for much improved Skins and Cowboys D's
NFC North:
Another Tough one, the Vikings are gonna be way better this season, Packers though gotta take them over those Bears by a whisker, as much as I would like to see the Bears replicate what they did last season
NFC South:
Bucs, no question, Saints might break .500 but wont be good enough for Gruden's boys
NFC West:
I dont like the Rams but I think they will finish ahead of the Niners this season, the Niners will take over duties of being the team to beat in the West the next season

Colts all the Way !

Re: NFL Division Predictions !!!

I agree with you right down the line there OzColtsfan.

For the 40th straight year, the AFC West will be a knock down last man standing slug fest. The only guarantee this year is it won't be San Diego. I have Denver taking it, but that is all dependent upon whether everyone translates to turf what I have on paper.

I couldn't jumble my numbers far enough to lie about the Chiefs taking it. I was able to manipulate them far enough to envision an 'Oakland 3rd in the Division' scenario. That's my best case.

If Oakland would choke out at third, I could merrily drink Dom and Bon Voyage Denver off to the AFC playoffs...where they will be canned by Pittsburgh or your Colts. Peace,

Mooster

Pretty much agree, but I think the Falcons can cause a surprise and win the NFC South. I'm probably expecting to much from second year quarter back, Vick, but he showed some pretty good signs last year. They have strengthened their defence and added a passing game as well, so hopefully they'll improve on last season.

Here's hoping anyway.

Go those Dirty Birds!!!

Re: NFL Division Predictions !!!

Originally posted by ozcoltsfan
Who ya'll think will win each division?
Here goes for me:

AFC North:
No brainer, Steelers too good

I like that call!! But prefer to play the Conference Championship on the road if we make it that far ;)

The Steel Curtian will be BACK for more :D

Go Steelers !!

NFL season 2002 tips

Just for fun, since we already have a weekly tipping contest going. Pick your division*, conference, and super bowl winners.

NFC East: Washington (not because I necessarily like them)
NFC North: Green Bay (admit bias here)
NFC South: Tampa Bay
NFC West: St. Louis

AFC East: New England
AFC North: Pittsburgh
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC West: Oakland

AFC championship: Oakland over New England
NFC championship: Green Bay over St. Louis

Super Bowl XXXVII: Green Bay over Oakland

*NOTE: I assume everyone knew this already, but the addition of Houston has caused a new 8 division setup with Seattle moving into the NFC.

NFC East- Philly (nuff said)
NFC North- The Pack (hey Brett- take a dive!!)
NFC Sth- Norlins (god knows why- cant see Tampa ever having any O)
NFC West- Frisco (about time the Rams fell off)
AFC East- NY Jets (maybe luck will fall their way for once?)
AFC North- Cleveland (theyre gonna break out this year- Pit and Balt both in decline IMO)
AFC South- INdy (might have some D finally with new hc)
AFC West- Oakland (despite half the team requiring walking frames)

NFC East - Philadelphia
NFC North - Green Bay
NFC South - Atlanta Falcons (Admit to Bias, but I believe if Vick shows the promise he showed in Game 1, then the Dirty Birds are a realistic chance)
NFC West - St. Louis

AFC East - Miami
AFC North - Baltimore (maybe)
AFC South - Indianapolis
AFC West - Oakland

AFC Champions: Oakland over Indianapolis
NFC Champions: St. Louis over Green Bay

Super Bowl Champions: St. Louis

NFC East: Washington
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: Atlanta
NFC West: San Francisco

AFC South: Indy
AFC West: Denver

NFC Champ: GB over Washington
AFC Champ: New England over Denver

Superbowl: New England to go back to back.

Notes:
NE are the real deal.
Rams are worked out and not going to find the going as easy
Oakland are too old in the West.
AFC North and South could really be anyones. AFC North, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cleveland could all go well, or all go crap.

Notes:
NE are the real deal.

After watching that game against the Steelers Id have to agree (unfortunately). Brady's release and decision making is so quick and he's backed up by a good o-line and capable receivers and backs. The D is one of the best and special teams have a proven big-play ability. Still hoping the Jets can unseat them though next week

NFC East: Philly
NFC North: Bears
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers

AFC South: COLTS !!!

NFC Champ: 49ers over Rams
AFC Champ: Colts over Pats

Superbowl: Colts beat 49ers

You gotta have bias, especially if you team is half decent!!!

NFC East: Philly
NFC North: Bears
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers

AFC South: COLTS !!!

NFC Champ: 49ers over Rams
AFC Champ: Colts over Pats

Superbowl: Colts beat 49ers

You gotta have bias, especially if you team is half decent!!!

Sure, but winning the Superbowl... please the Falcons have a better shot.

Originally posted by DEVO

Sure, but winning the Superbowl... please the Falcons have a better shot.
Where did that come from?
Experts have been predicting the Colts to win the SB all over the place. Im not sure if it was on Espn.com or Nfl.com but about a week before the season started they had 25 experts predicting the exact same thing we are, and 11 of them had the Rams winning the Superbowl and the next closest was the Colts with 5 people, and I am pretty sure that not one person predicted the Falcons to even get a wild card spot.
The Colts had the NFL's Number 2 offence last year, and if the defence keeps improving as it is showing signs of doing they will figure in the playoffs.
Now the Falcons have Michael Vick, but he isnt going to lead them to a Superbowl this early in his career, their Defence is decent lead by Brooking and Buchanan (love this guy, ex-colt), but the whole team is definately pushing it to be Playoff calibre. Plus there are way too many other good teams in the NFC and you know it.

Sorry ozcoltfan but I don't think the Colts will do it, I admit there is along way to go but they choke come finals time. We'll see what Dungy will be able to do.

NFC East - Washington
NFC North - Green Bay
NFC South - Tampa Bay
NFC West - St. Louis

AFC East - Patriots
AFC North - Steelers
AFC South - Indianapolis
AFC West - Oakland

AFC Champions: Oakland over Patriots
NFC Champions: Packers over Rams

Super Bowl Champions: Oakland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did that come from?
Experts have been predicting the Colts to win the SB all over the place. Im not sure if it was on Espn.com or Nfl.com but about a week before the season started they had 25 experts predicting the exact same thing we are, and 11 of them had the Rams winning the Superbowl and the next closest was the Colts with 5 people, and I am pretty sure that not one person predicted the Falcons to even get a wild card spot.
The Colts had the NFL's Number 2 offence last year, and if the defence keeps improving as it is showing signs of doing they will figure in the playoffs.
Now the Falcons have Michael Vick, but he isnt going to lead them to a Superbowl this early in his career, their Defence is decent lead by Brooking and Buchanan (love this guy, ex-colt), but the whole team is definately pushing it to be Playoff calibre. Plus there are way too many other good teams in the NFC and you know it.

Sorry, just being a bast**d.
But I can't see the Colts getting past AFC Championship.

NFC East: Philadelphia
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: New Orleans - Brookes to Stallworth a combo to watch
NFC West: S.F - I think the Rams may struggle this year

AFC East: New York Jets
AFC South: Tennessee

AFC championship: Denver over New York Jets
NFC championship: Green Bay over San Francisco

Super Bowl XXXVII: Green Bay over Denver

Remove this Banner Ad