2003 Crow Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Listening to Steven Trigg on 5AA (he is on now), they wanted to pick a ruckman, but felt there was no one worth picking up. Surely, there is someone out there?? Perhaps Stiffy can bring back a giant Greek guy.

I'm more worried that Stiffy will bring a great big mama back from Greece with him, and That "My Big fat Greek wedding" will become a reality!! :D

I missed nearly all of the Trigg interview Kane. Was there anything else interesting said such as the status for full time trainining of players, particularly Carey?

Originally posted by macca23
I missed nearly all of the Trigg interview Kane. Was there anything else interesting said such as the status for full time trainining of players, particularly Carey?
I didn't catch him say much about training. He confirmed that in his opinion it is the best Crows' list in his time & that expectations are that they make the final-4. Also, that they are happy with Carey & Burns as it was a well known fact the Crows lacked forward grunt last year. Also, said that one thing he he does sleep easily with is the salary cap & that they have done a good job with the structure of player payments (given it is a complicated issue).

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
He confirmed that in his opinion it is the best Crows' list in his time & that expectations are that they make the final-4. Also, that they are happy with Carey & Burns as it was a well known fact the Crows lacked forward grunt last year. Also, said that one thing he he does sleep easily with is the salary cap & that they have done a good job with the structure of player payments (given it is a complicated issue).

Thanks for that Kane.

I'm glad that Triggy made that statement because I really do think that it is our best list ever, with the greatest depth. IMO the only way we can miss a top 4 spot would be major injuries as we do have the cattle to get there and the players' attitude at training is ferocious. Competition for spots is red hot.

I thought we improvised well up forward last year since we lacked a marking spearhead such as Carey and a genuine crumber after Scotty Welsh got his OP. But it was improvization - rather than the formal forward structure which we will have this year. Blighty had a very formal forward structure in 97 & 98 in our premiership years - Robran was restricted to a very small area at CHF to compete for the ball and the crumbers knew exactly where that was so they knew where the ball was going to. No prizes for guessing where it will be directed to this year!! :D

As for the salary cap & structure of player payments , I would expect nothing less from either of the SA clubs due to the quality of their administration - no John Elliotts here!!! :)

Originally posted by macca23
I'm more worried that Stiffy will bring a great big mama back from Greece with him, and That "My Big fat Greek wedding" will become a reality!! :D

Originally posted by KaneMcGoodwin
Perhaps Stiffy can bring back a giant Greek guy

C'mon guys I left Greece long time ago!!!!! And by the way he is a Yugoslavian guy Kane;) . The bugger doesn't want to hear about the change of sport:mad: (but I will keep working on it ;)). I went and watched him play a game for his club yesterday and he was MVP scoring 38 points grabing 22 rebounds, blocking 10 shots and dishing out 10 assists. He was bloody unstopable. Not bad for a 17 yo playing in 1st division in the counrty that is current world champion of basketball. He is a certainty to get drafted to NBA in 2004 because he is ineligible for 2003 draft. He is very talented. I kad a kick and a catch with him the other day and he handled the footy pretty well for a starter:D ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back