2003 in a few words - or less

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by dyertribe
Disagree about Bassett... he was fantastic for us this year and took a real step up.

I have to agree, I don't think people realize how much he actually meant to our side til they dropped him... I think he would've played an important role in those to miserable games he was ommitted from

Most consistent player: Mark Riccuito
Most improved player: Robert Shirley
Most disappointing player: Andrew McLeod, Simon Goodwin
Most promising player: Ben Rutten, Brent Reilly
Best win: West Coast in Perth, Essendon
Worst loss: both Collingwood games, Roos game at home

Most significant positive aspect or part of the season:

Most significant negative aspect or part of the season: injuries to key players especially in the forwardline, losing really crappy games (rounds 2, 7, 11 and 21).

Overall rating for the team performance: very average. 2002 was a better year for the boys.

Perfomance in Showdowns: okay ... but a win in at least one of them would have been a better result.

Most consistent player: Mark Riccuito, followed by Tyson Edwards
Most improved player: Robert Shirley, followed by Ian Perrie
Most disappointing player: Too many - Simon Goodwin, Andrew McLeod were the most costly to our performances
Most promising player: Brent Reilly
Best win: West Coast in Perth
Worst loss: Roos game at home (as it ended our season), but losses to Pies & Power weren't far behind as hate losing to them.

Most significant positive aspect or part of the season: Still remained competitive with much of our forward line missing.

Most significant negative aspect or part of the season: We teased with our performances all season, but in the end we just couldn't get our act together to be good enough when it mattered.

Overall rating for the team performance: Underachieved, as we went backwards.

Perfomance in Showdowns: We lost & I'm bloody sick of loosing to them!

Most consistent player: Edwards
Most improved player: Burton
Most disappointing player: McLeod, Biglands
Most promising player: Rutten
Best win: West Coast in Perth, Essendon at home
Worst loss: Collingwood & Roos at AAMI

Most significant positive aspect or part of the season: being in good form after the mid season break
Most significant negative aspect or part of the season: close losses, injuries, crap game plan
Overall rating for the team performance: Frustrating as we went backwards.
Perfomance in Showdowns: Not up to it.

Most improved player: Robert Shirley and Ian Perrie
Most disappointing player: Andrew McLeod and Simon Goodwin
Best win: West Coast at Subiaco
Worst loss: Kangaroos at home.. it was over after that :(

Most significant positive aspect or part of the season: Still having goals kicked without the main forwards there.

Most significant negative aspect or part of the season: Didn't win enough of the close ones

Overall rating for the team performance: Dissapointing

Perfomance in Showdowns: :mad: not going to be good enough until Port stop winning them

Most improved player: Robert Shirley and Ian Perrie
Most disappointing player: Andrew McLeod
Best win: Sydney @ SCG
Worst loss: Kangaroos @ AAMI, Collingwood @ AAMI, Hawthorn @ MCG.

Most significant positive aspect or part of the season: Playing well in our 'away' games this season, we are a good travelling team.

Most significant negative aspect or part of the season: Need to win the tight close games, and Ayres needs to get a plan on how to do it,if he wants a suggestion here's one FLOOD

Overall rating for the team performance: Up **** creek without a paddle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfomance in Showdowns: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: need I say anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Most consistent player: McGregor and Riccuito
Most improved player: Perrie and Shirley
Most disappointing player: McLeod
Most promising player: Schuback
Best win: Wizard Cup GF vs Collingwood
Worst loss: Collingwood

Most significant positive aspect or part of the season: Perrie and Shirley stepping up
Most significant negative aspect or part of the season: That bloody goal post which resulted in losing Carey and Welshy's Back injury.

Overall rating for the team performance: The team deserved on paper, to be higher at the end of the season.

Perfomance in Showdowns: We won the Wizrd Cup one! Other than that...errr :(

Any season where a team doesn't make the Grand Final or Win the thing is seen as 'crap' in my eyes. What's the point of playing if you're not going to win the damn thing?

It's sort of a personal approach to things than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most consistent player: Roo of course
Most improved player: Shirley, especially after his drop off last season
Most disappointing player: probably McLeod(played no where near his full potential) or maybe Doughty
Most promising player: Reilly :D I could be biased here!
Best win: The Subiaco one!
Worst loss: Kangaroos at home

Most significant positive aspect or part of the season: The development of Kenny Mcgregor, or our pre-season cup

Most significant negative aspect or part of the season: Dissapointment from some of our key players form- and injuries to go with it

Overall rating for the team performance: Fair but not great. I was expecting a top four finish that never came

Perfomance in Showdowns: Terrible- will we ever win one of these? i think its a mental thing more than anything. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back