St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks, Saturday, January 8, 4:30 p.m. ET
First-round byes: Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons

AFC
New York Jets at San Diego Chargers, Saturday, January 8, 8 p.m. ET
Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts, Sunday, January 9, 1 p.m. ET
First-round byes: Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF GAME SCHEDULE
Saturday, January 15

4:30 PM ET - San Diego (12-4), New York Jets (10-6) or Denver (10-6) at Pittsburgh (15-1) (CBS-TV)
8:00 PM ET - Green Bay (10-6), Seattle (9-7) or St. Louis (8-8) at Atlanta (11-5) (FOX-TV)

Sunday, January 16
1:00 PM ET - Seattle (9-7), St. Louis (8-8) or Minnesota (8-8) at Philadelphia (13-3) (FOX-TV)
4:30 PM ET - Indianapolis (12-4), San Diego (12-4) or New York Jets (10-6) at New England (14-2) (CBS-TV)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME SCHEDULE
Sunday, January 23
3 p.m. on FOX -- NFC Championship Game
6:30 p.m. on CBS -- AFC Championship Game

SUPER BOWL XXXIX
Sunday, February 6 (on FOX)

Alltel Stadium, Jacksonville, Fla.

Obviously all the times are for the US. So people, go ahead and make your predictions for the above games!! Let the Playoffs begin!

Re: Playoff Scenario

When I've got my head around how the Rams are in the playoffs and the Saints aren't, I'll get back to you.

I just hope the Chargers take the Jets to the cleaners. Doug Brien having a kick blocked and breaking his leg, if not his neck would make me happy too.

Looking forward very much to the Wild Card weekend.... heaps of intrigue. Like Marcuz says about Indy... I couldn't agree more. The cringe Seattle Seahawks to CHOKE again !!! St Louis have thier stars back and I can see the Rams coming over the top in a shoot out !!

The Jets @ Chargers will be a ripper. Not bothered which team wins as long as it's a CRASH BANG 'HOO HOO' JACKED UP :D kinda game...
Also I can see a PACKER win on the frozen tundra... the Vikings have no heart or D to stop the Packer onslaught.

Sunday morning should be well worthwhile having a party get together !!

I'm glad your so confident about the packers chances this week Woodson as this is the only team i didn't want to play in the first round of the playoffs. Can see a vick performance coming from dante.

balmainforever said:
I'm glad your so confident about the packers chances this week Woodson as this is the only team i didn't want to play in the first round of the playoffs. Can see a vick performance coming from dante.

Don't panic.... The frozen Tundra factor counts as a massive advantage vs a cosy dome team in January.
The Jax loss ;) was very stiff and I'd doubt that Vikings can have as much luck in far worse conditions.

(04/05) NFL Wildcard Round Playoffs

Saturday is here and the playoffs begin in a few hours:

1/8 - Rams @ Seahawks - forecast 3 degrees C & 70% chance of rain/snow

1/8 - Jets @ Chargers - forecast 13 degrees C & 50% chance of rain

1/9 - Broncos @ Colts - Indoors

1/9 - Vikings @ Packers - forecast 0 degrees C & 10% chance of snow

I'll take a shot at prognostication:

Seahawks 20 Rams 13
Chargers 34 Jets 30
Colts 48 Broncos 17
Packers 24 Vikings 20

JeffDunne said:
When I've got my head around how the Rams are in the playoffs and the Saints aren't, I'll get back to you.

I just hope the Chargers take the Jets to the cleaners. Doug Brien having a kick blocked and breaking his leg, if not his neck would make me happy too.

The Rams are in because of the Eagles.... well according to my friend anyway.

If you guys see a guy running out onto the field with a baseball bat when Brien is about to take his kick then you it's me.

Don't get me started on the Vikings.

The whole system is a scam... can't believe we missed out again.

:mad:

My tips are Packers, Chargers, Colts & Seahawks

Re: NFL Playoffs Week 1

One game in the books and one prediction wrong!
Rams 27 Seahawks 20
Seahawks missed TD pass in endzone from about 5 yards out on 4th down with less than half a minute left.

LoneStar said:
One game in the books and one prediction wrong!
Rams 27 Seahawks 20
Seahawks missed TD pass in endzone from about 5 yards out on 4th down with less than half a minute left.

The SeaDawks are weak as ********. They all need heart transplants pre-season.

Good to see the rams playing well in spite of the coach.

Can anyone gove me the time of the Vikings-Packers game tonight??? wat time it will be on FOX?

Two games in the books and two predictions wrong!
NY Jets 20 Chargers 17 in OT
Chargers missed a 40 yard FG attempt with less than 5 minutes left in OT

Two good finishes on first day of playoffs. Visiting teams won both games.
Glad I didn't back up my predicitions by putting any cash on the line!

LoneStar said:
Two games in the books and two predictions wrong!
NY Jets 20 Chargers 17 in OT
Chargers missed a 40 yard FG attempt with less than 5 minutes left in OT

Two good finishes on first day of playoffs. Visiting teams won both games.
Glad I didn't back up my predicitions by putting any cash on the line!

Lone Star...You ARE the Kiss Of Death.... ;) make sure you stay off the Steelers bandwagon and ride with the Colts in the meantime.

Great value on both winners so far.... what do we have in store tommorrow ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tige19 said:
Can anyone gove me the time of the Vikings-Packers game tonight??? wat time it will be on FOX?

It's on at 8:30am in the morning on foxsports.

Should be a cracker, looking forward to this game, pity the Colts vs Broncos game isn't shown live...

Good to see we are getting some sanity returning to things this morning.

After the pain of yesterday's results, some sanity is restored. Indy 35-3 at the half! :eek:

Manning looks determined to continue breaking records this season, this time with the help of Reggie Wayne. 3 passing and 1 rushing TD - not a bad 30mins of football against the highly over-rated Bronco defence. They should have brought the snow-machine. One "shutdown" corner and a vetran sniper just isn't enough against the Colts wideouts.

And again we see the myth that is the Bronco's running game. Shut it down and force Plummer to use his brain and you know the result.

Three games done and at least one prediction was accurate.

Colts 49 Broncos 24

Colts dominated start to finish. Manning threw 4 TDs and dove in for another on a QB sneak. Broncos running game is not a myth, but it is nonexistent on turf, especially the old-style astroturf carpets that still exist in Indianapolis and St. Louis. No excuses in this one, even from a Broncos supporter like myself...Manning is too good! He could have beaten the Broncos in a pasture of pig manure today.

If ever the Broncos "system" was needed it, it was today. You can't give Manning and the Colts that much time in possession. Whenever they need the running game, it falters. That I call a myth.

Brett Favre and his big game Interceptions!

Brett Favre is a legend but if anyone saw the game today you would understand he is a massive reason why the Pack got beat today. He threw a terrible ball to Chatman who made a great run into great positioning and Favre threw it almost into the lap of the Vikings corner not sure who he is.

Although not all his fault and our Offensive line werent as good as they normally are i think it is just becoming to much of a coinicidence that in the big games at important stages Brett seems to give up turnovers.

There are plenty of reason why we lost today, injuries killed us, Walker was stuffed and couldnt play,Davneports shoulder was stuffed from the outset and Green was playing with fractured ribs the whole game not to mention that Chad Clifton couldnt play the second half due to a calf injury i think. So out of our say 10 best players 5 or 6 werent availible for the majority of the game and it showed out.

The question though that will be posed during the offseason is weather or not Brett Favre will go around for another season, personally i think the Packers have no other option but to make him go around again but we need to start looking at other options and maybe trade up big in one of strong areas to gain a descent young quaterback.

cheers

Re: Brett Favre and his big game Interceptions!

Would have liked to have seen them win 1 post season game this year, unfortunately didnt happen.

The result wont change anything since the eagles would pound the pack or the vikings on their own turf.

Overall a decent year considering the 1-4 start, defense was terrible all year got murdered when the opposition ran the ball all year.

Pitty didnt get the playoff victory.

First weekend done. One prediction in four was right. I don't recall a playoff weekend whre 3 out of four home teams lost!

Vikings 31 Packers 17

Favre threw four interceptions, and it could have been more! Maybe he forgot the Packers weren't wearing white guernseys today! And the GB defensive backs stayed warm by getting torched for four TDs.

Fitting result really, considering the team I saw play earlier this year. Had to be the bloody Vikings, didn't it.

Proved to me one thing - in the NFL, it is very, very difficult to beat a team three times in one season.

tige19 said:
There are plenty of reason why we lost today

Yet you don't mention the most important one! The Packer's defence is terrible.

A TD before you get your hands on the ball due to a terrible missed tackle by one of your most experienced players (Sharper) on the third play of the first drive of the match. The offense claws back to within a TD after going 17 points down, and your number one CB, Harris, gets made look stupid by Moss on his way to a TD, who could barely walk at that stage.

On Favre, at least two of the interceptions were due to receiver error (Walker and Driver), and obviously a QB is going to be forced into more risks when you are 3 scores down before quarter time.

We can only hope the Packers put a bit more time into putting together next season's defence than has previously been the case. Losing Mackenzie obviously hurt, forcing Carroll to be put in way out of his depth in his rookie year, and Harris to become the main man. However a major problem as i perceive it in the pass defence is an inability to pressure the QB. The defensive line handles the run ok (when jackson is in the line-up), but in terms of pressuring the pass, it struggles. KGB seems a shadow of what he was a couple of seasons back. With a less than brilliant secondary, you need to get up in the QB's face. Early in the season they tried bringing a lot of extra guys on the blitz and did it almost every play, but they got to 1-4 so obviously it didn't work so well.

i just watched a replay of the game...did anyone else see randy moss motioned a BIG MOON to the crowd after he scored a touchdown?

ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL!!!!

plus, the commentators were goin ape over it too :D

Re: Showpony Moss

pWnd said:
i just watched a replay of the game...did anyone else see randy moss motioned a BIG MOON to the crowd after he scored a touchdown?

ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL!!!!

plus, the commentators were goin ape over it too :D

Wonder if he is game enough to pull off the same stunt in Philly ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back