13 (33) Sam Gilbert
14 (60) Clint Bartram
15 (9) Mitch Clark
16 (4) Josh Kennedy
17 (3) Xavier Ellis
18 (36) Jake Edwards
19 (10) Marcus Drum
20 (41) Rhan Hooper

Found it alot harder then i thought it would be but if you dont see it being right make your own i know a few Hawthorn supporters will fine this interesting

Re: 2005 Afl draft Re-Done

Not sure where he would of slotted in if the draft were done again but Cheynee Stiller as a rookie pick in 2005 was probably the best value of the draft. He had better season than almost anyone else drafted that year.

Surely Bartram would be in the top ten.....His first season was incredible playing all 22 games(missed the finals with ankle injury).....Although he did miss the entire 07 season with injuries....:thumbsu:

:eek:Warnock and Varcoe top ten:eek:

Not too bad but Birchall has to be top 5.

Very unassuming type player so if your not a hawks supporter you probably have not seen him much, but check out his stats!

Very unassuming type player so if your not a hawks supporter you probably have not seen him much, but check out his stats!

ROLFCOPTER:D:D

BTW - Swallow ahead of Ryder.

1 (1) Marc Murphy
2 (5) Scott Pendlebury
3 (2) Dale Thomas
4 (12) Nathan Jones
5 (13) Shannon Hurn
6 (7) Patrick Ryder
7 (42) Robert Warnock
8 (11) Shaun Higgins
9 (14) Grant Birchall
10 (15) Travis Varcore
11 (43) Andrew Swallow
12 (61) Matthew Stokes
13 (33) Sam Gilbert
14 (60) Clint Bartram
15 (9) Mitch Clark
16 (4) Josh Kennedy
17 (3) Xavier Ellis
18 (36) Jake Edwards
19 (10) Marcus Drum
20 (41) Rhan Hooper

Found it alot harder then i thought it would be but if you dont see it being right make your own i know a few Hawthorn supporters will fine this interesting

M Murphy
S Pendlebury
D Thomas
N Jones
P Ryder
G Birschall
S Hurn
C Batram
A Swallow
M Stokes
S Higgins
S Gilbert
J Kennedy
M Drum
X Ellis
R Hooper
M Clarke
T Varcoe
B Vince
R Douglas

Thats my take

Nah i rate Birchall he is a reciever which every team needs but no way top 5 he he isnt anywhere near Murphy, Thomas, Pendlebury, Jones, Hurn,
Warnock is a funny one i think he is a top10 pick because there is such a demand for a good Ruckman and there so hard to pick so if a club knew warnock would be a good player he would go early thats how i look at it

By the way i left Dowler and Muston out because they havnt really done much to warrant selection
You left Dowler and Muston out but included Jake Edwards and Warnock. Whats Edwards done?

M Murphy
S Pendlebury
D Thomas
N Jones
P Ryder
G Birschall
S Hurn
C Batram
A Swallow
M Stokes
S Higgins
S Gilbert
J Kennedy
M Drum
X Ellis
R Hooper
M Clarke
T Varcoe
B Vince
R Douglas

Thats my take
Pretty much exactly how id do it, except swap jones with thomas due to my obvious bias :thumbsu:

Geez Bartram was good value, gonna miss CCs trademark ability to find the great pickups in the tail of the draft

Ok, firstly, I'll say I'm going by how good I believe they will end up. Not by how much they've shown to date

1 - M Murphy
2- S Pendlebury
3- D Thomas
4- M Clark
5 - N Jones
6 - P Ryder
7 - X Ellis
8 - S Higgins
9 - S Hurn
10 - R Warnock
11 - G Birchall
12 - J Kennedy
13 - M Bailey
14 - M Drum
15 - B Dowler
16 - A Swallow
17 - S Gilbert
18 - C Dempsey
19 - C Bartram
20 - J Anthony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, firstly, I'll say I'm going by how good I believe they will end up. Not by how much they've shown to date

1 - M Murphy
2- S Pendlebury
3- D Thomas
4- M Clark
5 - N Jones
6 - P Ryder
7 - X Ellis
8 - S Higgins
9 - S Hurn
10 - R Warnock
11 - G Birchall
12 - J Kennedy
13 - M Bailey
14 - M Drum
15 - B Dowler
16 - A Swallow
17 - S Gilbert
18 - C Dempsey
19 - C Bartram
20 - J Anthony
That's probably a better way of looking at things. and i think you are spot on.
My current top 20 are
1. - Murphy
2. - Pendlebury
3. - Thomas
4. - Ryder
5. - Birchall
6. - Jones
7. - Higgins
8. - Hurn
9. - Bartram
10. - Gilbert
11. - Swallow
12. - Ellis
13. - Hooper
14. - Clark
15. - Stokes
16. - Varcoe
17. - Kennedy
18. - Drum
19. - Mills
20. - Douglas
8. -

Pies clearly struck gold in this draft and alot of people would agree (and others would disagree at my take) but this is how it would go in most cases:

1. Scott Pendlebury

2. Dale Thomas

Throw a blanket over the rest.

Also recall Robbo doing a re-jig on various drafts and he too agreed Pendlebury/Thomas at 1/2 respectively.

Andrew Swallow's form in the intra-club yesterday looked ominous.
Seems to have improved everything - kicking, burst speed, strength in packs.

He kicked 3 goals and had a mountain of possessions.

Look for Swallow to overtake Jones in 2008 and be rated higher by years end.

I was wondering how long it would take for a Collingwood supporter to say that Thomas and Pendlebury are clearly above the rest.

Marc Murphy is the best of the lot on current output and most likely on overall potential. Murphy works both as inside and outside mid and 08 will be his breakout. Pendlebury will be closest to him from that lot as he will turn out an excellent get imo. Ex - basketball background and will get only better with more time in the game.

Thomas is a cult figure at Collingwood due to his flashy nature but needs to be more consistent in his performance before everyone goes touting him as a superstar/ next captain of Collingwood/ etc.

For mine...

1/ M.Murphy
2/ S.Pendlebury
Eq 3/ raffle b/w N.Jones and Dale Thomas
4/ Birchall
5/ P.Ryder
daylight..........

I was wondering how long it would take for someone, albeit a Carlton supporter, to challenge my views.

Many will have differing views, however, on current output alone and most likely on potential, Pendlebury is the best of the lot. By output, you would probably be referring to stats and impact on games in which Pendlebury has the field covered. Also finished 2nd in the Copeland, which he most likely would have won had he not suffered a fractured foot.

On potential as you say, he is from a bastketball background and only took up the game again in 2005 so it is scary to think how much improvement he still has in him.

He is out-right at #1 on his own.

I agree Thomas needs to be more consistent but same can be said for any player in the league. It may seem bias but I believe Thomas' selection at #2 is justified. Murphy would be #3 in my calculations.

As good as Murphy was as the standout junior, I have watched him closely and many Carlton games, his disposal is very suspect. He accumulates plenty of ball but 'butchers' the ball on most occasions and his kicking for goal lets him down occassionally too-mostly when he is on the run.

Having said that I still rate him highly but behind the other two and not because both of the other boys play for Collingwood.

Pies clearly struck gold in this draft and alot of people would agree (and others would disagree at my take) but this is how it would go in most cases:

1. Scott Pendlebury

2. Dale Thomas

Throw a blanket over the rest.

Also recall Robbo doing a re-jig on various drafts and he too agreed Pendlebury/Thomas at 1/2 respectively.

I think the best four players are(in no order) Murphy Pendlebury Thomas and Jones what order you put them in depends on Bias, how much you have seen of them and of course peoples opinions will always be different...And Clark and Ryder are also very good but havn't shown as much(but big guys always take longer to develope) :thumbsu:

Bullshit.

If we're including the rookie draft Priddis and McGlynn are ahead of Stiller.

McGlynn?

Um, no.

McGlynn is a little hack, Stiller is quality.

McGlynn?

Um, no.

McGlynn is a little hack, Stiller is quality.
I just edited my post before you replied. Sorry, wasn't intentional.

I thought about it again, I;'d consider McGlynn and Stiller to be rpetty close. I rate McGlynn pretty highly.

Priddis>>>>Both of them easily though.

I just edited my post before you replied. Sorry, wasn't intentional.

I thought about it again, I;'d consider McGlynn and Stiller to be rpetty close. I rate McGlynn pretty highly.

Priddis>>>>Both of them easily though.

Seriously, I doubt McGlynn will still be on a list by the end of 2009.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back