2006 Draft profiles (mojo31)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harro said:
I wonder who the roos will get with what will seemingly be a top 5 pick.

I can't help but think that it's time for a true chf after half a decade of breaking down there.

so that means... gumbelton?

??? I thought we had a deal! A signed contract. You give us all your first round picks, we give you the blokes we don't want any more. This year we'll give you a bonus, 2 players!:D You can choose any two of Dixon, Brennan, Ries, Ball, or (judging by recent history) even Barker!:D

I must confess though, you did very well out of the Nathan Thompson deal.

So the question should be, who will the Hawks get with the Roos likely top 5 pick this year?
I hope Hansen, then with our own pick (about 5-8) I like the sound of Clinton Benjamin from WA.

"dawson concedes another one" ad infinitum.

i think we broke even on the hay deal.
won on the thompson deal.
and got creamed on the picioance deal.
i dont count rawlings... we gave nothing for him and that year the draft was a weak one (one you dipped heavily into if i recall).

the hawks have hit the draft for a while now and yet im still not impressed with their "young talent". no doubt their are some gems there but there are still a lot of problems. bottom out once more... and then we're talking.

mojo31 said:
Hansen and then Deledio. I missed the Judd/Hodge/Ball/Riewdolt era.

Just depends on how Hansen develops but if he continues it this year then he is the best kid I would have seen in Victoria before being drafted.
Not to say he will but at this stage he would be number 1 on what I have seen.

Just wondering where you might rate Jess W Smith's position in the 04 draft if he didn't go Father Son? would he be in the same class as Deledio and Griffen?

Pharaoh said:
Seriously? Then I have a harbour bridge to sell you...

I'll take it.

I don't care what it looks like from your end. we are talking about the net gain/loss in the trade not the four-way shenanigans that went on.

From our end we got Hay, pick 28 and pick 46 for Motlop and pick 18. We got a premium on the Motlop deal but that was passed onto Hawthorn for Hay.

so we got a 26 year old fb for an injury prone forward pocket who was 24.

and out pick 18 became 28 and 46. the week motlop got dropped pick 46 (swallow) plays for us who was predicted by a host of experts to go top 20.
so in a weak draft we got two dips instead of a higher pick where the talent was largely the same. I dont see how that is a loss. we have got a man that has filled our fb position.

you got two picks. 14 and 18. you managed to at least get bailey with one of the two picks but i fear the damage has already been done in the ruck dept. for your team. birchall i am unsure of. u had 5 picks in the top 25. in a weak draft i woudl be worried that it was the wrong time to opt to trade. i think this year is the year you would wnat to build ur team upon.

greg said:
Just wondering where you might rate Jess W Smith's position in the 04 draft if he didn't go Father Son? would he be in the same class as Deledio and Griffen?

Nup.

Harro said:
I'll take it.

I don't care what it looks like from your end. we are talking about the net gain/loss in the trade not the four-way shenanigans that went on.

From our end we got Hay, pick 28 and pick 46 for Motlop and pick 18. We got a premium on the Motlop deal but that was passed onto Hawthorn for Hay.

so we got a 26 year old fb for an injury prone forward pocket who was 24.

and out pick 18 became 28 and 46. the week motlop got dropped pick 46 (swallow) plays for us who was predicted by a host of experts to go top 20.
so in a weak draft we got two dips instead of a higher pick where the talent was largely the same. I dont see how that is a loss. we have got a man that has filled our fb position.

you got two picks. 14 and 18. you managed to at least get bailey with one of the two picks but i fear the damage has already been done in the ruck dept. for your team. birchall i am unsure of. u had 5 picks in the top 25. in a weak draft i woudl be worried that it was the wrong time to opt to trade. i think this year is the year you would wnat to build ur team upon.

On the other hand -

5 picks in the top 20 in the 2004 draft would have been gold.

:)

Bentleigh said:

how do u know?... we are talking during that draft not now.

atm it is yet to be determined but i would have griffen ahead of deledio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentleigh said:

Jesse W Smith had a better national carnival than delidio or griffen. he has had a serious injury this year and was required to actually play on an opponent last year. he won the larke medal and would have been in the top 6 comfortably.

mcphee_is_a_gun said:
Can anyone tell me where Tasmanian Tom Hislop will go in the draft? From the 3 Tasmanian VFL games shown on ABC he has been very impressive. Late 1st rd?
Very much like the look of this guy, holding his own against big guys in the games I have seen and does not mind getting in and under.

Lingsface said:
Very much like the look of this guy, holding his own against big guys in the games I have seen and does not mind getting in and under.

He will go late first round or early second!

Essedon will take him with there first priority pick, which will be 17!

have any of u guys heard of james Bristow. Big tall centre half back and ruckman from gippsland. He unfortunately went done half way through last season with a knee. Should be ready to play next season as a top aged tac cup player.

Apart from Ben Reid who was listed as a draft possibility from the murray bushrangers... Anyone have any thoughts on other players that may be drafted? Brad Collins in another name that comes to mind, or has the consistant form of Mark Tyrell over the past month and a half been good enough after just missing out on Vic Country.

TheWizard said:
Can any one tell me if Shuan Grigg from Ballarat or Daniel Connors from Pioneers will get drafted.

Dont know much about Daniel Connors , but Grigg will definately go.... prolific ball winner and great agility who also displays great leadership on the field, actually suprised that he has not got a lot more coverage in this thread

hammer_time said:
Apart from Ben Reid who was listed as a draft possibility from the murray bushrangers... Anyone have any thoughts on other players that may be drafted? Brad Collins in another name that comes to mind, or has the consistant form of Mark Tyrell over the past month and a half been good enough after just missing out on Vic Country.

ash hockey is a good chance if he is eligable along with tyrell and collins..
what is wade dixon like is he worth a punt in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back