Analysis 2006 vs 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely we must compare these two sides now after making the prelim.

2006 with that jizztastic midfield, but I just think this team this year is something different. We have strengths all over the ground.

Which team is better?

You'll have to excuse me but my memory is always terrible :( Was it 2006 we lost first week then came back to win it...? lost against the swans??

Yup.

Don't mean to compare them as premiership sides. Just want to identify strengths and weaknesses. If they were to play each other, who would win, premierships aside? In 2006 I think there was much less competition to win it whereas this year it seems much tighter.

You'll have to excuse me but my memory is always terrible :( Was it 2006 we lost first week then came back to win it...? lost against the swans??
716225-994da910-51a6-11e3-b7b4-89041ea3763d.jpg

It's funny, the one I do remember is Round 1 2007. In Sydney....we beat them by a point again!...I was in the pisser and simply said..."jesus....one point....how'd you be?..again" :p. Bit of abuse which was nice.

I remember Kerr putting on a clinic.....big come back as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 06 team (from a neutrals perspective), was a really unlikable lot. Players like Chick, Hunter, Lynch etc just came off as really floggy. That team also tended to 'just' get over the line due to the makeshift attack, unlike our current team, which thrashes hapless victorian/expansion sides every week.

This team >>> the 06 team

I honestly feel we are at a similar point to hawks 08. Maybe we could pinch one at the early stages of the premiership window opening. Either way, Simmo proving to be a very good coach. What he has done is amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back