NCAA 2007/08 BCS Championship: Ohio State vs LSU

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
today, get ready for it.
for every1 who doesn't no, Ohio State from the Big-10, against LSU who come from the best div in the NCAA, the SEC.

players to watch for
Glen Dorsey is obvious, likely the number pick, big number 72, LSU's DT
Early Doucett, number 9 for LSU, cud be the nu.1 WR in this draft, likely first rounder
Ali Highsmith, Beast of a OLB no.7 for LSU. possibly a late first.
Craig Steltz - LSU S, no 16. good safety not of the same level as landry last season but good nether the less, seoncd or third likely
Jacob Hester - no.16 LSU, one of the best FBs in this class

James Laurinitis - no.33 of OSU, absoulete machine, dominates everything, top-10 pick if he declares.
Vernon Ghouslton - no.50 for OSU, simply amazing, dominated JAKE LONG when they played michigan, cud be a top-5 pick, i don't see him droping past the jets and pats at 6 and 7
Malcom Jennings - no.2 one of the top corners in the draft first round.

im sure i missed some propects but anyway.
LSU will win this game

Re: National Championship Game

Some folk @ foxsport need a serious kick in the arse. :mad:

ESPN are showing a flippin' DOG SHOW!! :rolleyes: Is Micheal Vick watching??? :p

We got all those peanut Bowl games and don't even get the big one!

We got all those peanut Bowl games and don't even get the big one!

The peanut in charge of the sport programs can & will always use the line...out of his control.. woof, woof, woof. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You beauty. The most important trophy in American sport is heading to where it belongs.

You beauty. The most important trophy in American sport is heading to where it belongs.

Maybe in amateur/college sport but without a true Bowl playoff series I can never take these games too seriously as far as trophies go.

Maybe in amateur/college sport but without a true Bowl playoff series I can never take these games too seriously as far as trophies go.

yup, untill the NCAA gets a playoff system there will always be problems with the championship.
HOLY s**t HOW BIG ARE THAT GUYS HANDS

I'm biased I admit. My brother in law first got me into American Football & to him & most from Louisiana(that I've met) , college football comes first.

I've been on the LSU bandwagon for a couple of years now so I'm pleased to see them win. I'm not claiming this one though but happy for many of my fellow Saints fans nonetheless.

Should be some party tonight in Bourbon Street.

I've watched almost every LSU game this year and I have no doubt they are the best team in it. They lost two games in triple overtime and were unlucky with some questionable decisions in those two. They had a schedule worthy of a top ranked team too so I don't see how anyone would dispute their #1 claim (other than USC, but they think they're god's gift regardless of results).

I didn't realise there are over 30 Bowl games now....

....every year it the same argument over who should be ranked where and who deserves a Bowl game.

Poll the media and rank the top 8 college teams and let them play a three round playoff series.

I didn't realise there are over 30 Bowl games now....

....every year it the same argument over who should be ranked where and who deserves a Bowl game.

Poll the media and rank the top 8 college teams and let them play a three round playoff series.

alot of the bowls r meaninless tho.
wat they need to do is take the no.1 ranked team from each BCS conference (including the WAC ect.) and at large spots from the better conferences like the SEC to get 16 teams

The problem I have with taking the top ranked teams from each conference is that some play real powder puff schedules (lesser light teams even sell games to the powerhouse colleges to increase gate revenues). So a conference champ may prove to not even be as strong as, say a third finishing team in another conference.

I think there could be enough consensus amongst the talking heads to pick the stand out 8 best teams (16 if playoff window affords) in the country.

The problem I have with taking the top ranked teams from each conference is that some play real powder puff schedules (lesser light teams even sell games to the powerhouse colleges to increase gate revenues). So a conference champ may prove to not even be as strong as, say a third finishing team in another conference.

I think there could be enough consensus amongst the talking heads to pick the stand out 8 best teams (16 if playoff window affords) in the country.

but then a team like last season's boise wud miss cud miss out on a spot they earned.
when the spots r selected by people rather than a system, there will always be problems, which will still remain when u have to pick the at larges in my system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back