2007 Melbourne BF Player of the Year....

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan_Jones_001.jpg

Polling in 6 of the last 7 games to come home over the top of last years runaway winner James McDonald....

88 - Jones
84 - McDonald
65 - Bruce
51 - McLean
50 - Sylvia, Green
47 - Bate
45 - Brown
43 - Holland
40 - Davey, Johnstone

Green perhaps a bit stiff not to place higher but probably not a bad reflection, Bruce started well (possessions wise anyway) and McLean came back strongly towards the end of the year, couple of BOGs. McDonald as consistent as ever.

In the coming days I'll get a few polls up for us to decide the various other awards.

Thanks for all the voting this year, IMO the new system of voting (10-9-8-7-6-5) is a lot better.

Award History

'07 - Jones
'06 - McDonald
'05 - Moloney

If anyone wants to go back further than that, please be my guest.

I think this highlights just how much we lack quality talls.

Fantastic year by Jones:thumbsu:

BC, what are the odds for Newton to pick up the gong next year? Surely he'd be well into the under a dollar market...Surely

i struggle to find a reason why we should have a b&f this year not one player deserves to be called the melbourne best and fairest.......................................if we must just give it to TJ and apologise to him for making him play under dud daniher for teh last decade and hope he signs a new deal.

what about jeff white I would have thought he deserved to be above holland

Had a slightly under-rated year. He got plenty of the footy but his ruckwork was fairly poor.

Jones winning is a good result. Especially in the second half of the year he was super for us an it will be exciting to see him in the middle in the coming years.

My money is on Colin next year! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back