2008 Grand Final Replay This Morning 16/1/09 1am on Fox Sports 3 ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Extended highlights of the grand final on Foxtel now. Umpiring still in favour of Geelong even after all these years. Bittersweet watching this to realise it was the last game for Crawford and Croad.

That downfield kick to gift Geelong a goal just on three quarter time is the most egregious mistake the umpires made that afternoon. And there were many mistakes.

How good was it when Mooney missed that goal at the end of half time, you knew it was slipping for the cats and hawks were looking strong. It still burns them

My favourite sporting moment of all time. The fact that we rose above an umpiring division hell bent on getting them over the line and game-ending injuries to our only real big defender and on baller who was in NSM form to that point only made it all the sweeter.

Still take my hat off to Bruce for picking that Geelong were in trouble first. They only trailed by 5 points at the time, but Bruce knew. This was in the third quarter before Dew cut loose.

Still take my hat off to Bruce for picking that Geelong were in trouble first. They only trailed by 5 points at the time, but Bruce knew. This was in the third quarter before Dew cut loose.
"You get the feeling Geelong are the ones hanging on here"

Cue the carnage.

How good was it when Mooney missed that goal at the end of half time, you knew it was slipping for the cats and hawks were looking strong. It still burns them
I was listening on Internet radio at that time. Was thinking if he misses we surely win, if he makes it it will give them a new lease of life. After all we had thrown at them they are still ahead.
He missed we won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back