Resource 2008 grand final tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

I also got lucky in the ballot! :thumbsu:

Was one of the many who missed out last year, I still can't believe that after 14 years as a member I'm going to a Grand Final.

Well I got my tickets, 2 Concession Standing Room only tickets.
Tempted to sell them as I don't hold a concession card and probably can't get there early.
What's the standing room area like if you get there late?
Checked the tickets, they actually don't have concession written on them, just the price of the ticket ($97) on the stub.
What would be the chance of getting asked for a card?

Tempted to sell them as I don't hold a concession card and probably can't get there early.
Checked the tickets, they actually don't have concession written on them, just the price of the ticket ($97) on the stub.

When it's packed, minimal chance. Many got away with that last year.

Me and 7 mates got tickets together for teh second year running!

We are blessed.

We earned it though, we were there when we were s**t and toughed it out.

I got seats in the Olympic stand this year, last year I got standing room.

Note: If your not tall get there bloody early. Last year, me and 3 mates got to the MCG at 10:00am and got room up against the rail(back of the seating area on bottom level), which was a GREAT place to watch the game. By 1pm there was probably up to 10 rows of standing people going back!! I saw plenty of girls just standing there, they couldn't see a thing!! And some blokes yelled to us "Big people at the back, small at the front"... Naturally I told him to shut up... I'm not giving my spot up when 'Mr. small man syndrome' turns up 3 hours later!!

Get there at 10:00am, take a small chair and park you back side on the rail... its good viewing. If you don't get to the front and your short... not good. :eek:

For just 1 ticket, I will give 200% asking price, a limited edition, individually numbered 1999 Melb Storm fully signed premiership jersey (worth $1000+), plus a Matt Scarlett match worn jumper (paid $500).

Please PM me.

Don't you have an AFL Full Membership? How did you go with that? Seems like you have a few to get tickets for. Goodluck.

Hey can i just ask to anyone who has picked up their tickets, did you only need your letter with your ref number and credit card? My ticket was brought with my bro's credit card and he will give me credit card to pick up ticket but surely i dont need any ID? And i cant get anywhere to pick it up until friday!!! Surely reference letter and credit card will suffice?

People were lining up to get theit tickets from 4.30am... They thought that picking their tickets up early would mean they would get good seats.

People were lining up to get theit tickets from 4.30am... They thought that picking their tickets up early would mean they would get good seats.

Hehe I no, I was down there doing a story on it. ****ing ********s. One lady got there at 4:30 yesterday afternoon :thumbsdown:

I think they would have been AFL members trying to the last of their allotments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you tell them that they were stupid? :p

Didn't sound like it...

I said something like "You do realised that you could have come at 4 o clock tonight and got the same seats because they have been auto allocated."

"No they weren't. How do you think we got Q23, Row B."

"But the person in front of you got Q23 Row DD"

"Well maybe there was a system glitch"

****ing dicks.

I said something like "You do realised that you could have come at 4 o clock tonight and got the same seats because they have been auto allocated."

"No they weren't. How do you think we got Q23, Row B."

"But the person in front of you got Q23 Row DD"

"Well maybe there was a system glitch"

****ing dicks.
Hahahahaaa, WTF!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back