2008 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dice-K not on his game tonight...down 2-0 after one.....
Threw close to 30 pitches

Dice K not even close on many of the pitches...out of the second, but another 30 pitches in the second

Nice game to start the year, couple of comebacks, blown saves, home runs and a horrible baserunning blunder to deliver the Sox the Victory 6-5 in extras.

No win for Dice K, but Okajima instead.

Great to have baseball back and on tv :thumbsu:

Games on Fox Sports this week:

Los Angeles v San Fran

12:00 am - 02:00 am Wednesday April 02 2008

San Diego v Houston
05:00 pm - 07:30 pm Friday April 04 2008

Good Spot Orita.

Also Mets v Braves 9pm Sunday (Someone forgot to tell them it was live at 6am obviously :rolleyes:)

ESPN (All live)

4am tomorrow Yankees v Jays
10am tomorrow Angels v Twins

10am Saturday Red Sox v Jays

My best tips for tomorrow (please don't waste your money on them)

$2.40 if all of the following 3 winners come up:

Tigers (Verlander) to beat Royals (Meche) - 2 aces but Tigers batting will get them home.

Mariners (Bedard) to beat Rangers (Millwood) - Bedard's first start for Mariners, Millwood possibly on decline??

Mets to beat Marlins - Santana's first start, huge expectations. Read somewhere that Santana will earn more this year than most (all?) of the Marlins starters.

Also I reckon White Sox - Indians will score under 8.5 runs ($1.87) with Buehrle and Sabathia (14-3 v WS) starting. Cool, cloudy forecast and Jacobs' Field (Prog Field) ranks 19th for runs scored last 3 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best tips for tomorrow (please don't waste your money on them)

$2.40 if all of the following 3 winners come up:

Tigers (Verlander) to beat Royals (Meche) - 2 aces but Tigers batting will get them home.

Mariners (Bedard) to beat Rangers (Millwood) - Bedard's first start for Mariners, Millwood possibly on decline??

Mets to beat Marlins - Santana's first start, huge expectations. Read somewhere that Santana will earn more this year than most (all?) of the Marlins starters.

Also I reckon White Sox - Indians will score under 8.5 runs ($1.87) with Buehrle and Sabathia (14-3 v WS) starting. Cool, cloudy forecast and Jacobs' Field (Prog Field) ranks 19th for runs scored last 3 seasons.

Well the WS-Indians was blown in the 2nd. Mark Buehrle , what a shocker!
Just missed out on the treble with Detroit losing in the 11th. Oh well.

That Detroit - KC game was worth watching though.

1 day into the season, and Eric Gagne blowing saves. Ahh thank you Milwaukee for taking him off our hands.

I was laughing my ass off at that.

Can't believe they spent $12 mil on him. When I saw it, I was thinking it must be a typo, that it was surely $1.2 mil. Nope, $12 mil.:D Unbelievable.

First game, blows a 3-0 lead without getting an out. WOW! :thumbsdown:

Dice-K much better tonight.

6.2 IP, 2H, 0BB, 9K :thumbsu: Only 1 run on a solo HR.

Hopefully, Papelbon can do better than last week as well.

Both DiceK and Paps sucked opening day, but somehow the Sox still won.

EDIT: Oops! Thinking alike I guess.

____ was it really that much?

Just looked it up, it was $10m with potential to be $11 if he finishes a certain number of games (which he won't be with many more outings like yesterday).

Still, way too much. Maybe he needs to get back on the juice :rolleyes:

BTW - I thought Foulke was retired?

Did he need the money? Because he made it clear that he didn't even really like baseball. :eek: :thumbsdown:

BTW - I thought Foulke was retired?

Did he need the money? Because he made it clear that he didn't even really like baseball. :eek: :thumbsdown:

After taking '07 off he decided he wanted to get back and prove himself again.

Billy would only take him on the cheap so I'd say he has his passion back and it isn't for the money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back