2008 Recruits and Departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Departures Arrivals?

On the united note.... huey is a champion footballer and a massive gain as for hazelman, schwenke, and retalik i can not say the same. they a fringe players.... and as for departures heres a few.....

Luke jones, guy campbell, dayle reyne, anthony baker, rowan hill all gone i would say they were there top five players last year and prob the best blokes at the club...club wont be as fun thats for sure...

Does anyone know who has departed from the Murray league clubs and who has arrived? Here's my take so far
Moama - Departures Any one they paid last year?
Arrivals Djaren Whyman, New coach, some bloke from Sunbury who has only played 2's and a few player from Echuca who have played buggerall seniors
Mulwala - Departures Jason Sanderson + a car load of senior footballers
Arrivals bugger-all
Congupna-Departures probably whoever was any good to GV
Arrivals probably half a dozen mediocre players from GV
Tongala - Departures a few
Arrivals a few blokes working at the abbatior
Finley - Pass

Barooga - Pass

Cobram - Arrivals probably a Rudd or two
Departures anyone wanting to play finals

Tocumwal - Pass
Nathalia - Departures Pass
Arrivals probably a few blokes flown In from WA NT
Numurkah - Pass

United - Arrivals Heuston, Retallick, Swanky, Hazelman, + more
Departures too early to tell

Rumba - Arrivals deemed to have quality arriving from all over
Depatures unknown
Deniliquin - Deemed to Have a lot of returning quality to re stake a claim

Has anyone got any new info as a lot of these teams are still in the chase with a lot of big names up for grabs

Nathalia never flew anyone in from the NT as it has been debated about before on here Lucas came back to play with his Brother In law, the man is an absolute gun and i think if your team had the chance of him lining up for you, you wouldn't knock him back.

I think Deni's plans have been derailed a bit with May signing at the Rovers and Ressugan rumoured to be leaving.

Nathalia never flew anyone in from the NT as it has been debated about before on here Lucas came back to play with his Brother In law, the man is an absolute gun and i think if your team had the chance of him lining up for you, you wouldn't knock him back.

I think Deni's plans have been derailed a bit with May signing at the Rovers and Ressugan rumoured to be leaving.

Ressugan has signed on again with Rams.

Does anyone know who has departed from the Murray league clubs and who has arrived? Here's my take so far
Arrivals Djaren Whyman, New coach, some bloke from Sunbury who has only played 2's and a few player from Echuca who have played buggerall seniors
Arrivals bugger-all
Finley - Pass

Barooga - Pass

Tocumwal - Pass
Numurkah - Pass

Depatures unknown

Has anyone got any new info as a lot of these teams are still in the chase with a lot of big names up for grabs

Am i the only person to think this is a half ars#d job?

Am i the only person to think this is a half ars#d job?

Nope can tell he's new hasn't bothered looking thru the other threads and posts

think he's just named the people he wanted to name and pretty much has said what he thinks of other clubs.

yeh i think "catfreak" really just wanted to start his own thread.. very little information at all, i think he just read one page of bigfooty and got his info from there...if everyone who has some know within there own clubs or other clubs actually puts in the correct departures and arrivals it could be a good discussion

Fair go I'm trying to feel out what the competition will be like 2008 after hearing Ressugan wil be bach at the Rams it will help their younger players develop and will make them more competitive I not sure whether this will mean finals for Deni does it will put them on the road to recovery. I don't think Toc have them depth to rise to great heights when they have had opportunities they have not had the physical strength to beat sides who know how to play Murray league football

Fair go I'm trying to feel out what the competition will be like 2008 after hearing Ressugan wil be bach at the Rams it will help their younger players develop and will make them more competitive I not sure whether this will mean finals for Deni does it will put them on the road to recovery. I don't think Toc have them depth to rise to great heights when they have had opportunities they have not had the physical strength to beat sides who know how to play Murray league football
I agree with you Catfreak. These other well established members, who are obviously all updated and got their fingers on the pulse as to who the comings and goings of teams are, need to remember we're not all in the know. Good on you for having a go and for your detractors why don't you fill us in so we know how your side is shaping up for 08!:eek:

Arrivals bugger-all
Finley - Pass

Barooga - Pass

Tocumwal - Pass
Numurkah - Pass

Depatures unknown

Catfreak think you might be a bit biased here's my take on where clubs sit.

Moama - Having a crack at winning one ala United 06. Confirmed Gread, Pettigrove, Fosset all good players or there about players in top 5 side, Sunbury 5/6 mixed reports from good to ordinary, C.Eddy still in mix.Oh and Whyman who obviously is a huge pick-up. New coach is also a good person and player.
Mulwala- As always lots of talk, coming and going, nothing confirmed will be thereabouts.
Congupna - Some returning to GV, to close to Shepp to drop off to far.
Tongala - The start of the long awaited return of the locals, Brunt , Johnstone, Brennan, who next Campbell's, Hansen, Trevaskis, Snelson along with their developing group heading in right direction,
No confirmed exit's ??
Finley - Expect the biggest decline, Sexton has a huge influence and is leaving, history would show that quite a few will do the same ???
Barooga - ????$$$??? Have been trying for a few years now. ?
Cobram - Similar to Tonny would expect a rise with the return of Burke and the Rudd's
Toc - New coach, Warnett, beware of a Warnett, ever heard of the Tatura possum ???
Nathalia - Will produce another home grown, or someone else's reject to take up the heat should someone fall off. Must have an amazing culture and good luck to them. Have heard Snelson was a chance to return to his home club Tonny ???
Numurkah - Started the mission a few years ago with Chips and appear to be building, maybe one or two away, N.Howden, another Wellington to be heading their way, Brown ????
United - All the guns are gone, Reyne, Baker, Campbell, Jones. New coach Hueston ???
Rumba - ??????
Deni - Senior,Bull done deal, along with a few other crafty pick-ups ala Thorpe a few years ago, top 4 at least ????

Catfreak think you might be a bit biased here's my take on where clubs sit.

Mulwala- As always lots of talk, coming and going, nothing confirmed will be thereabouts.

That's if you consider thereabouts as the ars:pend of the ladder. Mate, something like 20 blokes have walked (retired, moved on to other clubs) and I'm talking of quality players (starting with Stevens). I think the bootstudder is even looking for an out! A number of their flag winning seconds are older blokes who are either retiring or a year older! Will still be a few very good footballers there but not enough to get anywhere near the finals.

I have heard that Chis Eddy is to resign with Moama but has been touted with a few offers which he will look at. A couple of toilers are to return to United as well I believe yet to be signed formally. I think that you will find that before the season start there will be at least 5 major signings here I will inform when I hear any more. I think there will be a major reshuffle in league placings but I would like to know what Barooga will have. I think that Bourke at Cobram may make to a confortable retirement the bloke would have to be over 40!! Although a total class opponent and workhorse his pace may just lack to much to be the backman of old. I think that Numurkah will again be competetive but may lack as a lot of clubs do those few superstars to capatalise.

I think "catfreak" was saying united might have 5 more signings...not moama. and i believe the donated figure was $100,000...not 200,00. still a fair sump of cash none the less. Pretty sure chris eddy wont play at moama...is chasing his girlfriend over ky way. May still get pettigrove and gutsy who will come home from melbourne on weekends to play. Definately HOPE moama will put some of the cash towards the junior develpoment or after this year they will be back at square one.

It would be a pity to see Chris Eddy go to Kyabram they have had some success with players from this area but have also burned a lot of players they don't have the sponsorship and support that they once had very much a club that when running hot have the time end support but when their not expect financial problems and heart ache I hope Chris reads this nothing against Kyabram I think its a great club with a proud history but they will not reach dizzying heights of yesteryear for quite a while and I hope Chris looks at where he has come from and what direction he wants to head as a local boy he will always have respect as a player in Echuca/Moama.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a pity to see Chris Eddy go to Kyabram they have had some success with players from this area but have also burned a lot of players they don't have the sponsorship and support that they once had very much a club that when running hot have the time end support but when their not expect financial problems and heart ache I hope Chris reads this nothing against Kyabram I think its a great club with a proud history but they will not reach dizzying heights of yesteryear for quite a while and I hope Chris looks at where he has come from and what direction he wants to head as a local boy he will always have respect as a player in Echuca/Moama.

Heard tonite a bit of info regarding Nathalia. Someone may be able to verify it. Barnes and Butler off to Geelong VFL. Parker has relocated to Adelaide and Ash Gemmill is up in Queensland or heading that way???Apparently picked up some young bloke from Picola who is pretty quick on a wing?? Anyone got any info on the benchmark of the comp so we can start working on beating the buggers!:cool:

Heard tonite a bit of info regarding Nathalia. Someone may be able to verify it. Barnes and Butler off to Geelong VFL. Parker has relocated to Adelaide and Ash Gemmill is up in Queensland or heading that way???Apparently picked up some young bloke from Picola who is pretty quick on a wing?? Anyone got any info on the benchmark of the comp so we can start working on beating the buggers!:cool:

That news would please a few clubs I'm sure. Can't say I've heard of the departures but I reckon the young bloke would be Walker who played with the Bushies last year ( Kangaroos showed a bit of interest )

That news would please a few clubs I'm sure. Can't say I've heard of the departures but I reckon the young bloke would be Walker who played with the Bushies last year ( Kangaroos showed a bit of interest )

John Walker from Picola United?

Damm, United better get a few inclusions soon or they are in trouble. Have they wasted the side they've had over the past few years??????

Had the chance to see first hand some of our new arrivals run around in the National Indigenous Football Championships at Rumba on the Weekend.

We were very happy with what we saw with two gaining All Australian selection to play in Div 2 of the Australian Country Football Championships from the 23rd July in Shepparton.

Also big Clinton edwards was selected and about 4-5 current senior Rumba players also preformed well with young Rex Taylor probably the most unluckest to miss AA selection.

For the record South Australia won there 4th Championship in a row beating Vic Metro by about 4 goals, while Vic Country finished third after defeating NSW/ACT in the 3rd and 4th play off.

Had the chance to see first hand some of our new arrivals run around in the National Indigenous Football Championships at Rumba on the Weekend.

We were very happy with what we saw with two gaining All Australian selection to play in Div 2 of the Australian Country Football Championships from the 23rd July in Shepparton.

Also big Clinton edwards was selected and about 4-5 current senior Rumba players also preformed well with young Rex Taylor probably the most unluckest to miss AA selection.

For the record South Australia won there 4th Championship in a row beating Vic Metro by about 4 goals, while Vic Country finished third after defeating NSW/ACT in the 3rd and 4th play off.

Hey morgs, good to hear the boys went well! who where the boys that played anyways? did josh wanganeen?? how's he go? also has tommy higgins signed with you boys yet or whats he doing??

Hey morgs, good to hear the boys went well! who where the boys that played anyways? did josh wanganeen?? how's he go? also has tommy higgins signed with you boys yet or whats he doing??

The Rumba players were:

Vic Metro: (don't Ask why they were with Vic Metro Long Story)
Clinton Edwards (AA)
Josh Wanganeen
Roland Atkinson
Corey Wanganeen
Rex Taylor

Vic Country:

Tommy Higgins
Travis Morgan
Clayton Mitchell
John Jackson (AA)
Jamie Atkinson
Mark (Walla) Briggs
Dylan Kerr
Arron Taylor

We also had a chat with about 6 or 7 other guys from SA and the two Vic sides about relocating to Rumba this Season, from all reports 3 or 4 seem keen enough to come across.

Josh W played well with limited game time did well in the Grand Final and was well under used by the Vic metro coaching staff as was his brother Corey who played a great GF bar one slip up which cost a goal. But game was well over by that stage. Still will be a very handy inclusion when not required at Bendigo Bombers, along with Rex.

I'm not sure but Tommy hasn't missed a training run at Rumba for two weeks now so I'm thinking he may be staying having just signed his young 1st cousin from United, but i'm pretty sure Clayton will end up at Moama( I hope not, but anyway)

sounds like the carnival would have been good fun. Yeh Clayton has still been training casually with moama ,but havent seen tommy since the first week he came. how are you guys shaping up anyways?? who have you organised prac matches with??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back