2008 Tri-Nations

Remove this Banner Ad

Qantas Wallabies:15 Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies), 14 Peter Hynes (Queensland Reds), 13 Stirling Mortlock (Brumbies)(captain), 12 Berrick Barnes (Queensland Reds), 11 Lote Tuqiri (NSW Waratahs), 10 Matt Giteau (Western Force), 9 Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs), 8 Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs), 7 George Smith (Brumbies), 6 Phil Waugh (NSW Waratahs), 5 Nathan Sharpe (Western Force), 4 James Horwill (Queensland Reds), 3 Al Baxter (NSW Waratahs), 2 Stephen Moore (Queensland Reds), 1 Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs).
Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW Waratahs), 17 Matt Dunning (NSW Waratahs), 18 Dan Vickerman (NSW Waratahs), 19 Hugh McMeniman (Queensland Reds), 20 Sam Cordingley (Queensland Reds), 21 Ryan Cross (Western Force), 22 Drew Mitchell (Western Force).

All Blacks (latest):15 Mils Muliaina (Chiefs), 14 Richard Kahui (Chiefs), 13 Conrad Smith (Hurricanes), 12 Ma'a Nonu (Hurricanes), 11 Sitiveni Sivivatu (Chiefs), 10 Dan Carter (Crusaders), 9 Andy Ellis (Crusaders)/Jimmy Cowan (Highlanders)/Piri Weepu (Hurricanes), 8 Rodney So'oialo (Hurricanes), 7 Richie McCaw (Crusaders) (captain), 6 Jerome Kaino (Blue), 5 Ali Williams (Crusaders), 4 Brad Thorn (Crusaders), 3 Greg Somerville (Crusaders), 2 Keven Mealamu (Blues)/Andrew Hore (Hurricanes), 1 Tony Woodcock (Blues).
Replacements: 16 Keven Mealamu (Blues)/Andrew Hore (Hurricanes), 17 John Afoa (Blues), 18 Anthony Boric (Blues), 19 Daniel Braid (Blues)/Adam Thomson (Highlanders), 20 Andy Ellis (Crusaders)/Jimmy Cowan (Highlanders)/Piri Weepu (Hurricanes), 21 Stephen Donald (Chiefs), 22 Anthony Tuitavake (Blues).

Date:Saturday, August 2
Venue: Eden Park, Auckland
Kick-off: 19.35 (17.35 AEST)
Referee: Mark Lawrence (South Africa)
Touch judges: Craig Joubert (South Africa), James Bolabiu (Fiji)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

Go Wallabies!!!

Its in NZ so should be 2 hours earlier at 5pm AEST, which would be 3pm Perth time. Just go to the pub if your in SA/VIC/WA if you want to watch it live on foxsports.

Terrible game.

Tell Baxter to **** off.

We really missed the grunt of Elsom and playing Smith and Waugh just doesnt work.

But fair credit to the AB's they dominated us and deserve the match.

Terrible game.

Tell Baxter to **** off.

We really missed the grunt of Elsom and playing Smith and Waugh just doesnt work.

But fair credit to the AB's they dominated us and deserve the match.

True, however that last try should not have been awarded and consequently they got a 4 try bonus point when they should not have. The referring was terrible. Richie Mccaw was always off-side, but was never penalised.

The positives out of the last game:

- Ashley Cooper injured, good. Mitchell is 10 times better under these laws as he is more explosive.

- Vickerman getting more match fit

- The backs did well when they had the ball

Negatives

- Baxter
- Team selections (one of Waugh/Smith, not both)
- Tahu..where was he. He should be in the 22
- Giteau- I said it before and I'll say it again, the guy may be brilliant but he'll never be a consistent fly half. Barnes should play 10.

The positives out of the last game:

- Ashley Cooper injured, good. Mitchell is 10 times better under these laws as he is more explosive.

- Vickerman getting more match fit

- The backs did well when they had the ball

Negatives

- Baxter
- Team selections (one of Waugh/Smith, not both)
- Tahu..where was he. He should be in the 22
- Giteau- I said it before and I'll say it again, the guy may be brilliant but he'll never be a consistent fly half. Barnes should play 10.

I agree that Mitchell is better than Ashley-Cooper, but not by much. Baxter is a complete dud. I completely disagree about Tahu. He has played one season of Super 14 and a few games for Australia A. He is lucky to be on the bench. I still have reservations about Cross.

Under the ELV's you need explosive backs, Ashley Cooper is perfect under the old laws, Mitchell suits the ELV's. Tahu adds a bit of spark, and I'd have him on the bench. Cross personally should either start or not be in the 22. Solid but nothing more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate whoever said Richie McCaw was always offside doesn't know much about rugby. Richie is the best forward in the world right now and his work at the breakdown is second to no one in the sport. He is a class player that brings so much to the All Blacks, and was the driving force behind the thrashing on saturday.

Mate whoever said Richie McCaw was always offside doesn't know much about rugby. Richie is the best forward in the world right now and his work at the breakdown is second to no one in the sport. He is a class player that brings so much to the All Blacks, and was the driving force behind the thrashing on saturday.

That was me and I reckon I do know a bit about rugby. Richie is a cheating bastard. He was laying all over the ball at breakdowns (thus slowing Australia's access to the ball) and is regularly offside (like the rest of his teammates). Of course that is just my opinion. :p

Depends on whether you are talking about the refs interpretation or ours. Richie rarely gets called for "borderline" tactics, so continues to execute them. He is a great player though and with Carter is the NZ key...

Thank christ for that......wouldn't want to stay up until 4.30am for a loss

Bonus point would have been nice, but i'll take any win in SA (that's even rarer than the swans beating the pies :eek:) .... Robbie's golden touch continues....I never would have thought i could like a kiwi so much :p

Thank christ for that......wouldn't want to stay up until 4.30am for a loss

Bonus point would have been nice, but i'll take any win in SA (that's even rarer than the swans beating the pies :eek:) .... Robbie's golden touch continues....I never would have thought i could like a kiwi so much :p

Finally a win overseas. We copped a fair few injuries, let's hope we pull up alright for the next match. Mortlock was back to his best.

Robbie Deans is an absolute magician.

The way he has jelled this team into a formidable cohesive unit in such a short amount of time is incredible.

Been a long time since I've seen us so dominant at the break down and so solid in the line out.

The injuries last night are not good news for our tri-nations title tilt... but imagine what Robbie will be able to do with the squad given another 12 months.

Exciting times ahead.

I think Robbies getting into the team to put heaps of pressure on the opposition so they crumble, worked well last night, we were also supurb in the breakdown.

Woke up and watched the 2nd half, very pleased with the win, Mortlocks running was awesome.

I think Robbies getting into the team to put heaps of pressure on the opposition so they crumble, worked well last night, we were also supurb in the breakdown.

Woke up and watched the 2nd half, very pleased with the win, Mortlocks running was awesome.

Once he gets going there is no stopping him. He is like a Terminator.

What about Elsom?

The bloke is just a machine; an angry, fired-up, desperate machine. Gets into everything, must be beautiful for the guys playing around him.

Also very, very excited about Tahu; some of the little steps he was throwing out there were fantastic - the only problem is, Cross has been senstional as well.

Deans is a ****ing star.

Pumped for the match. Carn the Qantas Wallabies rofl.

Pawtucket. Just interested, what got you interested in rugby as a Victorian, and why did you choose the mighty Reds as a team to support in the S14?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back