Analysis 2008 v 2018 could we do it again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely we can win this - if we make top 4
They are Richmond, the same Richmond they were before September last year, the same Richmond they will be forever.
It's finals footy. It's different. We have A Clarko. They have a Dildo.
How anyone can believe that in finals footy at the 'G the Hawks are without hope against these guys I just don't get.
They didn't have to worry bout us last year.
If we make it and land them - Sis didn't play r3, it's finals now not r3, our finals record, our coach.....

So much yet to unfold. We may not even qualify. But if we make top 4 and end up v Tigers in a prelim - could think of nothing better. Perfect scenario. We will do them easy. They simply are not that good....

Agree. I want them in a Prelim.

Will be shades of Silk v Cats in 2013.

Spot on.... we were also paying about $3.30 on the day of the 2008 GF... I'm pretty sure Crows were favourites last year too... As were Swans in 2016...

It would be interesting to see the odds leading into each of the past 10 Grand Finals.... Without knowing, I would go as far to say that the 'underdog' has probably won at least 80% of the time.

Up for underdogs/Down for favs
2017 - Richmond :thumbsu:
2016 - Bulldogs :thumbsu:
2015 - Hawthorn :thumbsdown:
2014 - Hawthorn :thumbsu: (yes we were considered the underdogs in this game believe it or not)
2013 - Hawthorn :thumbsdown:
2012 - Sydney :thumbsu:
2011 - Geelong :thumbsdown:
2010 - Magpies :thumbsdown:
2009 - Geelong :thumbsdown:
2008 - Hawthorn :thumbsu:

We're split 50/50 underdogs/favs over the last 10 GF's.

Up for underdogs/Down for favs
2017 - Richmond :thumbsu:
2016 - Bulldogs :thumbsu:
2015 - Hawthorn :thumbsdown:
2014 - Hawthorn :thumbsu: (yes we were considered the underdogs in this game believe it or not)
2013 - Hawthorn :thumbsdown:
2012 - Sydney :thumbsu:
2011 - Geelong :thumbsdown:
2010 - Magpies :thumbsdown:
2009 - Geelong :thumbsdown:
2008 - Hawthorn :thumbsu:

We're split 50/50 underdogs/favs over the last 10 GF's.

I don't remember us being the favourites in 2015 considering we'd been beaten by West Coast three weeks prior?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion but eagles fans have seen first hand what a game plan of precise ball movement with lots of marking and keeping the ball off the ground and well delivered fwd entries does to the tigers game plan. It resulted in an 8 goal belting. That's what Simpson has the eagles doing this year and it negates plenty of what richmond do well. Where did simmo learnt it from? Your man Clarkson. Don't worry about GWS our 2 teams are the best chance of knocking them off.

Sorry for the intrusion but eagles fans have seen first hand what a game plan of precise ball movement with lots of marking and keeping the ball off the ground and well delivered fwd entries does to the tigers game plan. It resulted in an 8 goal belting. That's what Simpson has the eagles doing this year and it negates plenty of what richmond do well. Where did simmo learnt it from? Your man Clarkson. Don't worry about GWS our 2 teams are the best chance of knocking them off.

Every team that tries to match Richmond with Richmond things ends up losing. I'd be a lot more confident if we had a Josh Kennedy like you guys that's for sure.

In Sydney’s case they absolutely butchered their kickins early and it caused them panic.

The Rohan one was a dagger.

Still recall Bruce half way through the second after Hodge drilled the turnover goal “he’s got one hand on the Cup already!”

Yes he has...

"He can feel that cup in his hands I reckon." I think it was the Grandstand call that said Hawthorn had one hand on the premiership cup already after that goal. I've listened to various commentaries of that game probably hundreds of times at this point.

"He can feel that cup in his hands I reckon." I think it was the Grandstand call that said Hawthorn had one hand on the premiership cup already after that goal. I've listened to various commentaries of that game probably hundreds of times at this point.
Pretty sure that goal was when rex brought out the fat lady, half way through the second. I was ecstatic, what a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back