AE 2009 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AE09Promobillboard-1.jpg

Welcome to the 2009 NFL season Official LAUNCH for the BF NFL Armchair Endzone.

Criteria

Four Separate Competitions within the ONE affordable subscription of $30.

1. Confidence Rating NFL Tipping
2. 3XKO
3. NEXT DUEL
4. FEATURE GAMES

Confidence NFL Tipping

Each week the AE subscriber shall deem to select his/her selections via the official AE website (under construction), the winner of each NFL regular scheduled season game with a confidence rating of 16 (most confident) to 1 (least confident).

Deadline is 15 minutes before kick-off from the earliest scheduled game/s each week.
You may change your rating/ team selections countless times before the early game but not after weekly deadline.
Everyone will have access to view/ print the weekly selections of ALL AE subscribers in chart form after the weekly deadline.

You may tip days in advance. (highly recommended).

In the case of not submitting a winning team, you shall not be awarded any points for that game. Furthermore, missing CR number/s that is not obvious to assume the allotted CR to a predicted winning team, will be not be awarded any points regardless if correct team is selected.

The AE website will trigger a warning window reminder to any incomplete/ game rankings overlooked. (Foolproof)

Weekly points update scores/ summaries of each AE competitions can be also be viewed at the AE website.
Each subscriber is solely responsible to check & submit their own weekly selections. However contact numbers of AE administrators (GG & Woodson) can be used to sms or call in to update any selections BEFORE early game deadline which will be 15 MINUTES prior in case of power failure/ unable access to internet. As soon as AE Selection Chart viewing is released. No Changes can be made. So it's important you check your selections before submitting the SAVE button. Too easy. Due to some tech glitches, the CR double take will uphold these conditions if not re-addressed by tipster.

3XKO

This next competition is a Knockout format. A three chances contest where you start with selecting 3 teams who you expect to WIN in Week 1. To qualify for the following week, you must have correctly predicted at least one winner of these three teams. Elimination of the 3XKO contest comes in a process of THREE STRIKES against your name. A X strike counts against your name each time you lose a chance. Cannot pick same selected winning team in back to back weeks.

AE website deadline of 15 minutes prior to first weekly game/s applies.

Default conditions for the 3XKO (pronounced THREE STRIKES KNOCKOUT) comp is that you shall receive the BEST ranked ROAD Teams of that particular week if you are yet to be eliminated. In the case that you have not selected any Road teams, you shall receive the best ranked (from) 4th,5th & sixth Home Team of that week.

NEXT DUEL

This competition is purely correlated with the Confidence Rating comp. Your total weekly score is in combat with a scheduled direct opponent in a head to head match up each week for the first 12 weeks.

The structure of the divisions is in the 6's & 8's.
There wil be THREE Conferences with 9 divisions in total.
WildCard Qualification Play-offs start in week 13 with NINE of the Best ND point scorers having a Bye. Wildcards will be determined thru a ND opponent award point simple structure. SEVEN wildCard qualifiers of the 20 (week 12) nominees will process to the Final 16 in Week 14.

ND WC Qualifier Play-off Tiebreaker Criteria (to determine 20 WC Qualifiers for Week 12)
1. Most ND award points including bonus 'division winner scalps' points
2. Head to head (if applicable)
3. Win-loss-tie (percentage) record
4. Win-loss record vs common opponents (if applicable)
5. Strength of Victory (total wins of opponents beaten)
6. Best combined 5 weekly scores total
7. AE CR score
8. Most 16CR selections correct ..15CR.. ect

Tennis GS ranking. Knock-out format applies as per last season.

FEATURE GAMES

A monthly competition based on FOUR Weekly PRE-Determined FEATURE GAMES with it's own special SCORING system not correlated to the Confidence Rating/ Next Duel points system, only the TEAM selected.
It's a two way points award system which is based selecting the winning team and selecting the game Total Aggregate Score Range. To add a further twist, the points earned in this competition are effected by whether the chosen FEATURE GAME game result is determined in Overtime. Razzle Dazzle time indeed!!

Pick Winning Team (3 pts), TASR Correct (2 pts) = 5 pts award
Pick Winning team OT (2 pts), TASR Correct (2 pts) = 4 pts award
Pick Winning Team (3 pts), TASR Wrong (0 pts) = 3 pts award
Pick Winning Team OT (2 pts), TASR Wrong (0 pts) = 2 pts award
Pick Losing Team (0 pts), TASR Correct (2 pts) = 2 pts award
Pick Losing Team OT (0 pts), TASR Correct (2 pts) = 2 pts award
TIED OT result (1 pt), TASR Correct (2 pts) = 3 pts award
TIED OT result (1 pt), TASR Wrong (0 pts) = 1 pt award

Total Aggregate Score Range (Both teams combined score total)

as follows:

Selection 1 : 0-10
Selection 2 : 11-18
Selection 3 : 19-26
Selection 4 : 27-34
Selection 5 : 35-42
Selection 6 : 43-50
Selection 7 : 51-58
Selection 8 : 59-66
Selection 9 : 67+

This format allows for 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 & No points to be accessed.

Prize money (cash) will be rewarded to each of the competition winners/ placings.

100% of AE subscribers input will be utilised for Prize money POOL distribution. $1860

Prize money charter to be determined depending on overall subscriber numbers. Last seasons, the rewards were as follows:

AE CR First Prize: $325 (Won by Sven <formally Sven26>)

AE CR Second Prize: $175 (won by Naked Dead Guy)

AE CR Third Prize: $100 (won by Crowman23)

NEXT DUEL: $150 (won by Moo)

3XKO: $200 (won by Cassius Clay)

1-2-3 Hut: $150 (won by Zarko)

Prize Charter structure Finalised.

Confidence Rating / AE

$400 for first prize AE <<One Winner>>
$200 for second prize AE <<One Runners Up>>
$150 for third prize AE <<One Third placing>>
$100 for fourth prize AE <<One Fourth placing>>
If 2 winners, prize pool of $600 split between the Winners. SECOND PRIZE POOL $250. No Third / Fourth Prize.
If One Winner, 2 Runners Up, $350 pool prize divided between the two second placed participants. Third snaffles $100. Fourth = Nada.
If One Winner, 2 or more Runners Up, $450 pool prize divided between the Equal second placed participants.

$250 3XKO

$250 NEXT DUEL Winner, $150 NEXT DUEL Runners Up

$90 FEATURE GAMES monthly prize award

44 subscribers involved in 2008. Projection for 2009 : 60 AE09 Class of 2009 Members List of 62 enrolled. :thumbsu:

Please note that in order to keep communications lines open, I recommend
exchanging of updated contacted numbers/ email addresses with AE Primary Administrators (GG & Woodson) to have a plan B just in case. ie: power failure, inability to internet access.

[YOUTUBE]rTmHxI-_BdQ&hl[/YOUTUBE]

No other comp quite like the AE. It's OPEN BOOK comp that retains it's integrity.

Lastest Weekly SCORE UPDATES

AE / Confidence Rating & Feature Games comp Wk 15 update
AE Week 15 summary

NEXT DUEL comp PLAY-OFF Preview for Week 16
NEXT DUEL Play-Off Tree
3XKO comp Reference Post

Woodson
AE commish

Re: Armchair Endzone (2009) - Discussion

Vey nice Woodson.

Really looking forward to trying to defend my Next Duel title.

It is a great set up with a really good bunch of posters :thumbsu:

Bring it on fools.

Used the wrong old NFL logo in the first picture Woody ;)

And the old BF logo too.
The new one has no ".com"

True.. but on the flipside, no case to answer regards to any copyright issues. :p Still think AE needs it's own logo. I'm happy to see what kind of creative minds we have amongst us. If a cheerleader is required in the AE logo.. she better wear boots!

But not these type. :(

_BootsOfTheDay.jpg

Sep 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
YNWA

Woodson, I dropped off my $30 to Stewy today at the footy, so I'm guessing he'll drop it into your tab account next time he's there :)

Really looking forward to this season, I now live only a 10 minute walk from work so I'm going to get to watch ALOT more football this year than ever before :D

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh

Just donated my $30 for you experts to share. :eek::eek:(I'll no doubt get familiar with this emoticon during the season!)

Just donated my $30 for you experts to share. :eek::eek:(I'll no doubt get familiar with this emoticon during the season!)

I think I have a silimar feeling :eek: ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I have a silimar feeling :eek: ;)

Before you guys get cold feet.. consider this: AE is a Fairytale playground

Last season's AE rookies' Sven & Moo basically had the same easy come, easy go attitude per sae... until the reality kicked in and neither didn't really envisaged how it all turned around in the home stretch..

In the NEXT DUEL, Moo was in a dour 4 way dogfight with his LT division rivals 'til the bitter end.. no certainty for a wildcard then..

Check this scenerios.. Next Duel snapshot1 Next Duel snapshot2

Next Duel snapshot3 Next Duel snapshot4

Next Duel Finalists quoted Out of the Market!

Next Duel Supabah Preview

Next Duel Supabah Preview Last word

Next Duel Supabah climax

Moo the Cash Cow

Next Duel schedule layout

3XKO drama

Sven after week 5

The Confidence Rating Climax after Week 17 Early games

Sven26 proclaimed AE Champ by AE endorsed Cheerleaders!

at 50-1 odds, I was the Cards of last year's Next Duel Superbowl.
So close yet so far away.

Funny considering Moo follows the Steelers ;) and was pretty much in the exact same 2005 season Steelers predicament.. a loss would of eliminated him.. now GG, quickly go see how it would of panned out had that TIE not been the difference? That's why the AE / Next Duel comp is 'On the Edge' isn't GG..

The 3XKO capitulation of 29 of the 44 after week 4 just proves nothing is a gimme in the NFL.

Im not sure anymore what the week 17 scores were in the NFL.

Also, interestingly, i beat Wizard in the Conference Championship. If Wizard had won it would've been a Steelers-Cardinals Next Duel Superbowl just like the NFL.

Party pooper GG. :p

Hopefully that's a sign the Raiders make the Superbowl in the not too distant future.

[YOUTUBE]2q3Y0yB0Egc&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back