AE 2009 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ND09 Play-offs Round 2 Match ups

AE09NPFH.jpg

Based on AE consensus, the margin prediction for each match up here is determined from CR confidence.

#1 CHRIS25 vs #9 MR E
Just two games differential between the Anthony Munoz Divisional rivals as
MrE will still have to overcome a minus 2pt deficit on same teams selected
as three games here will decide this contest. Chris25 has taken two underdogs according to the AE consensus that really shouldn't dent his chances as Mr E's hopes will be heavily hinge on the Bengals winning on the road (4-2) against the Chargers who have lost their only two home games to the Wildcard bound Ravens & Broncos. Also an upset result by the Niners @ Lincoln Financial will pay big dividends for MrE however.

Line: CHRIS25 -4.5
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#2 TCOL vs #10 WOLFMOTHER
This contest is soaked with intrigue as up to six game differentials separate these
two AE Top 10 combatants. Even though TCol currently holds a clean 5 point break on similar teams picked, the challenge still remains with TCol on whether his FOUR underdog teams including the Bengals, Falcons, Fins & Steelers can scrub up well before the MNF final rinse. Wolfmother will hope to polish off TCol with Washington winning. Last week, TCol overcame the +11.5 point spread to defeat Dspeed, 99-93.

Line: Wolfmother -5.5

#4 WIZARD vs #6 REACHER
Last week, Wizard's reliance of the Jaguars (CR9) let him down but thankfully the Chargers D withstood an amazing four-down goal-line stand to help Wizard survive another week. This week, the Jaguars have screwed Wizard over again allowing Reacher to bounce out to an +11 point start meaning another amazing DEFENSIVE effort will definitely be required to keep Wizard hanging in. Just ONE team differential and it's ALL CLUTCH for Wizard as he holds all hope that the Steelers D (CR8) will show up against the in-form Green Bay Packers. Wizard reached the Semi-finals of ND Play-offs last season as a Wildcard. Reacher has a vital 6 point adv on same teams chosen. Something has to give.. Heinz Field will reveal the answer.

Line: Reacher -6.5

#5 PETERBUCH74 vs #14 OSCARMAN
The destiny of greatness either requires a progress path of steady dominance as the incomparable PeterBuch74 has exemplified or a total defiant 'against-all-odds' story of survival to overcome challenging hurdles as the Cinderella wildcard, Oscarman, is hoping to achieve. Two differentials with one already determined (Indy 4CR) has given PeterBuch74 a leg up on this compelling match up that is almost certain to come down to the wire on MNF for which has an unusual twist awaiting as Oscarman will go with the Wildcard chasing and AE consensus favoured (38-15) NY Giants (CR4) to step over the Redskins & collect another ND scalp along the way in his quest for a fairytale ND finish.

line : Oscarman -1.5

Re: Madden Curse???

Fire your boys up this week Woodson, something has to give with that mob.
They can't keep loosing.

Tell me 'bout it Wiz. I'm just as CRUSHED :( as the next annoyed Steelers fan would be.
How the heck does ONE Shocking Loss = another FOUR after that?? that's just negligent & careless :mad: from everyone that represents the Steelers on gameday...not prepared to single guys out in a TEAM environment.. Tomlin had stinging tears welling from his eyes after that Thursday Night debacle against the Browns. If he goes 0-8 now, expect the Steelers fans in da 'Burgh to UNLEASH HELL on him... so far the ds OC is taking the heat as he should and Big Ben ought to take a step back and put Steeler Football ahead of his own passing agenda. (Big Ben demanded Tomlin keep Arians during the Off-season... what a BAD CALL that was eh? !! )

Also one has to wonder if the dreaded Madden Curse is KILLING the Steelers season. I even picked GB on the basis that I can't pick s*** this season so getting it WRONG... would be status quo on my AE form but a triumph for the Steelers! :thumbsu: ;)

Re: ND 09 Play-offs update

With the UPSET result of the Cowboys bending over the Saints...

Here's a quick snapshot of where things stand:

#1 CHRIS25 vs #9 MR E
Chris25 welcomes the upset result meaning the PACKERS & CINCi MUST WIN for Mr E to have any chance. Upset Wins for either/ both Niners & Raiders will give Mr E something to get excited about. Still think it'll come down to the wire.

#2 TCOL vs #10 WOLFMOTHER
Upset Cowboys result had little bearing so nothing changes but with Six differentials here, you know that this match up is bubbling with intrigue.

#4 WIZARD vs #6REACHER
Another kick in the guts for Wizard now means that his CLUTCH teams are Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Miami and the Redskins who ALL need to WIN to help Wizard get over the line. Reacher wouldn't mind a few upset results himself actually, like the Niners, Oak or Chicago. Reacher in the Box seat.

#5 PETERBUCH74 vs #14 OSCARMAN
Both negated each other with CR9 on the Saints. A Bills and/or Carolina upset result will put Oscarman in the box seat while a Steelers, Bears or Buccs victory will swing the momentum back with Peterbuch74. Still think MNF decides this one. Climax keeps building folks. :thumbsu:

Re: Armchair Endzone (2009) - Discussion

Got Oscarman beat regardless of the last 2 games... :thumbsu:

Would like a Vikings win to keep me atop the overall CR ladder.

On another note... Stupid Broncos!!! Played insipid Red Zone football today.

Re: 3XKO Showdown 09 coming soon..

Well there you go Woodson, you got your mass elimination in 3XKO....

Wolfmother is down to just the one X and Redragger is the only other player left.

You wouldn't read about it huh?... UNBELIEVABLE!! I always had faith the 3XKO WRECKING BALL had ONE MORE HIT in it.
Thanx to Raiders & Buccs :thumbsu:

So, the 3XKO SHOWDOWN still on the agenda.. Wolfmother & Redragger to go to back to ONE pick next week.

Good Luck fellas.. :thumbsu:

On the NEXT DUEL FRONT..

CHRIS25 defeats Mr E
PETERBUCH74 defeats Oscarman
REACHER defeats WIZARD

but MNF will determine WHO processes onto the Conference Championship Round (Semi-Finals)
Simple equation folks:
Washington victory = Wolfmother WINS
NY Giants victory = TCol WINS

****ing great weekend NFL wise.:mad: Jags lose, out of ND, CR also up the s**t.

Big **** you's to Green Bay, Jets and Seattle.

Don't forget Miami & Cinci played a part in your sudden elimination.. you just needed that last drive of each of these mentioned games to work for you plus ONE of the Pack / Jets results and you'd be hanging in.. bad luck Oscarman.. the Jags gave you every chance but Peyton is telling you and anyone else that doubting the Colts is asking for trouble.

p_manning_080914_wide.jpg

Forget the top of the table.

I'd like to point out that in the most important battle of AE2009 ... meltiger has inched ahead of BalmainForever (Pre NYG game tomorrow) with 2 weeks to play :D

Considering you missed a week, you ought to be 40pts up on him. I'm always hopeful to beat Balmainforever.. tough cheeky customer. :p Go 'Skins!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Well there you go Woodson, you got your mass elimination in 3XKO....

Wolfmother is down to just the one X and Redragger is the only other player left.

wouldve felt a little pissed had i been eliminated by correctly picking my 1st choice team but fluffing the 2nd, but i couldnt get any of the two right so i rightly deserved to be given the boot from the comp. season's been a hell of a ride though. mired within the 40-somethings in rank for most of the 1st half of the season, i managed to put together a solid month and a half to get me in the 20s and sort of in the hunt. won my ND div and mananged to survive til the 15th wk in 3KXO. have been one of the almost stories of the season. crashed and burned this week though.

but now, i just want new recruit Nicks, and also, Orakpo to put up respectable fantasy numbers to get the FOOTBALL MCGARNACLE into the Switchblade Championship game in cutthroat. its been a 2008 Cardinals-esque run from the mighty MCG in the latter half of the year. was 3-6 at one stage. still, game against PB is still up for grabs.

Re: Week 16 AE deadline & 3XKO update

AE09Week16FNF.jpg

**AE09 Submit NOW** Change Later

With the 3XKO for week 16, due to the unexpected BLOW OUT of 10 unlucky challengers.. Last TWO survivors, Redragger & Wolfmother, will only be required to just SUBMIT ONE TEAM ...(as per normal) thru the AE website. If Both picks survive week 16.. the 2009 3XKO Showdown will determine the Winner. If both selection from each challenger loses.. agree to split $$ or agree to 3XKO Showdown in week 17.

2007 3XKO Showdown Fuey vs TACHawks went into TIE BREAKERS!

rewind >>> 2007 Flashback 3XKO Showdown <<<<<<

Well, I seem to be out of the running for any coin...so I've let the Mrs do my tips this week. This could end badly for me (she only picked one different from what I would have though, maybe she knows her stuff! More likely that I dont :p)

Well, I seem to be out of the running for any coin...so I've let the Mrs do my tips this week. This could end badly for me (she only picked one different from what I would have though, maybe she knows her stuff! More likely that I dont :p)

You've still got bragging rights to play for - I've got you on your knees!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back