AE 2009 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone (2009) - Discussion

You've still got bragging rights to play for - I've got you on your knees!

Well I should score well this week...the Mrs is never wrong ;)

I've just done my tips, it still thinks im in the 3XKO because the selection I made last week was correct... it was the other team that lost.

So just to stop it saying "WEEK INCOMPLETE!" I selected a team but obviously I know im out.

:eek: Forgot to change FG tip to SD after changing my CR tip. Boo

EDIT: Scrap that. Was looking at the scores above mine. I got all 5 points :cool:

One game in, and my match up with Reacher looks to be all but over. SD/Ten was the only game we have different, and Reacher came out on top.

I pretty much need a few of Atlanta, Cincinnati, New England, Indianapolis and Minnesota to lose. And try to close the point difference that way....

One game in, and my match up with Reacher looks to be all but over. SD/Ten was the only game we have different, and Reacher came out on top.

I pretty much need a few of Atlanta, Cincinnati, New England, Indianapolis and Minnesota to lose. And try to close the point difference that way....

Too early to tell yet Chris - you just need your high CR's to win and mine to lose. You can get those 2 points back easily.
I hope you're right though.

Re: NEXT DUEL Play-offs Round 3 Preview

AE09NPFH.jpg

Based on AE consensus, the margin prediction for each match up here is determined from CR confidence.

#1 CHRIS25 vs #6 REACHER

An intriguing semi-final clash that is on a very short tight leash. REACHER opts to select his belovered Browns (AE census favoured 31-21) for the second time :eek: this season with a +2 pt CR advantage differential that may well be the essential difference in this ND final result if all favourites win.

Only two differential game selections that are both very low CR including the Chargers pick by REACHER (2CR), proves that this DAWG fight is ALL SNARL. CHRIS25 will chew on 4 fewer pending results, in particular, the Niners, Cards, Eagles & Saints. REACHER, who will hope no strays will agitate him as he can't afford to lose ground. The Colts, Vikings, Falcons, Patriots and Bengals among the notable Watchdog teams for REACHER.
A Chunky dish of $$$$ awaits the winner.

Line: REACHER -2.5
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#2 TCOL vs #5 PETERBUCH74

TCOL has bolted out of the gates with a handy 5 pt lead thanks to the Chargers to give PETERBUCH74 something to chase in the 'home straight' as 7 of his 8 CR point advantage selections are indeed home teams including the Niners, Saints, Browns, Steelers, Colts, Packers and Dolphins. TCOL also siding with his own stable of home teams including the Pats, Bengals & the Falcons. The two selection differentials are clearly CLUTCH game results that will more likely produce a neck n' neck PHOTO FINISH here with TCOL taking the roadies, Ravens & Raiders, to push the PB74 preferred home favs, Browns & Steelers, HARD to the Line. Nothing in it folks.. although it's worth mentioning TCOL chose to ride the Broncos with a (weight penalty) +1CR 'disadvantage' when it comes down to the AE consensus. A feisty Whip Cracker -Down- to- the -Wire finish assured.

Line: PETERBUCH74 -1.5pts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From JD...

Just sent out email reminders but if you'd like to post this list in the AE thread :

Yet to tip...

Cassius_Clay
Clash Hendrix
Goedy
Haterade
Juddy_like
Larkis
mcgarnacle
Moo
Mordikai
Riggy
TheStinger
Warney
wce_all_da_way

Not sure why I am on that list since I tipped before the deadline and my tips are up on the AE spreadsheet.

I actually think you're in the lead 87-86 with the Eagles win.
If Dallas an Min lose, you're in the final
If Dall win, we're even and a tie breaker will have to happen
If Dall and Min win then you can congratulate me.

Similar situation with TCol and myself...

I'm on 77 with Tcol on 78

If Dallas win scores are even
If Skins win Tcol is up by 2 and can't be beat

If Dallas win and Chicago win, scores will remain tied
If Dallas win and the Vikes win, Tcol wins

If Skins win and Chicago win, Tcol wins by 1
If Skins win and the Vikes win, Tcol wins by 2

Stupid Saints (Missed FG) and Stupid Colts (Taking Manning out)... :)

By the way, does anyone know what the tie-breakers are if we do end up tied?

As it stands right now I have 9 correct tips to Tcol's 7...

And I tell you what... watching the Eagles/Broncos game was tough... Obviously wanted the Broncos to win, but if they did Tcol would have this matchup wrapped up already! Bittersweet...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar situation with TCol and myself...

I'm on 77 with Tcol on 78

If Dallas win scores are even
If Skins win Tcol is up by 2 and can't be beat

If Dallas win and Chicago win, scores will remain tied
If Dallas win and the Vikes win, Tcol wins

If Skins win and Chicago win, Tcol wins by 1
If Skins win and the Vikes win, Tcol wins by 2

Stupid Saints (Missed FG) and Stupid Colts (Taking Manning out)... :)

By the way, does anyone know what the tie-breakers are if we do end up tied?

As it stands right now I have 9 correct tips to Tcol's 7...

And I tell you what... watching the Eagles/Broncos game was tough... Obviously wanted the Broncos to win, but if they did Tcol would have this matchup wrapped up already! Bittersweet...

ND09 Play-offs TIE BREAKERS

TWO ABSOLUTE HUMDINGERS... if the Redskins can fightback...as TCol & Chris25 both hoping for a Redskins miracle.

A Dallas WIN will TIE up the SCORE 84 apiece with the Most Winners TIE BREAKER in your adv. Still need the Bears to WIN to claim the WIN.
Reacher holds the tie-breaker with NORL (CR16) losing for Chris25 on the basis that Dallas WIN and the Bears victory forces a TIE.

If the Saints would of WON, then Chris25 would of been in the box seat with a Vikings WIN to force a Tie-breaker (Indy CR10) losing for Reacher.

Great, so all my hopes are riding on the Redskins actually winning a game....

And you'd need the Bears to WIN also.

TCol just needs the Redskins to WIN and he's home & hosed.

Who knows if Wade Phillips will do some backslapping in the changerooms to think it's game over... may yank 'em off too soon like Caldwell did to deny the Colts 'Perfect season'...

Tampa only had converted ONE third down in the last two weeks... how the heck did the Saints Lose that one? NORL has COSTED YOU BIG TIME!

A Dallas WIN sees you thru PB74 as MNF won't help TCol outscore you.

If the Cowboys hang on we'll be tied on 84.

With MNF in play Tcol has the Vikes for 13CR and I have them for 12CR.

So a Vikes win will have Tcol the winner 97-96, a Bears win would see me through with the highest amount of correct tips for this week then.

Also I have Oscarman leading the Overall CR rankings by 1 with a Cowboys win, followed by me and then ClashHendrix a further 1 behind...

Makes for a ripper of a last week! :thumbsu:

Also I have Oscarman leading the Overall CR rankings by 1 with a Cowboys win, followed by me and then ClashHendrix a further 1 behind...

Makes for a ripper of a last week! :thumbsu:

And a Vikes win has you on top by 2, with me second and Clash Hendrix a further 4 points back. Go Bears!!!!!

And a Vikes win has you on top by 2, with me second and Clash Hendrix a further 4 points back. Go Bears!!!!!

I kind of have to agree with you... A Bears win puts me into the ND final! :D

If the Cowboys hang on we'll be tied on 84.

With MNF in play Tcol has the Vikes for 13CR and I have them for 12CR.

So a Vikes win will have Tcol the winner 97-96, a Bears win would see me through with the highest amount of correct tips for this week then.

Ooops my bad... miscalculated the numbers.. :eek: TCOL is suddenly in the box seat to see the 11-3 favoured Vikings to prevail over the dissappointing 5-9 Bears...

CONGRATS to REACHER for progressing to the NEXT DUEL Supabah II. Can't lose. Tie-breaker safe.

Re: AE09 3XKO Showdown

AE09_3XKOShowdown.jpg

BEST of FIVE CHALLENGE:

In the concept of a live draft of 5 picks, selecting an NFL team alternatively, who you think will WIN in Week 17, to be your FIVE nominated 3XKO teams.
Cannot select same NFL team already chosen. Most winners of the 5 teams picked correct WINS the 3XKO. $250 FIRST PRIZE.

Alternating selection of picks as follows:
Wolfmother, 1,3,5,7,9 Redragger 2,4,6,8,10.
(Wolfmother goes first as he has the higher AE season tally)

3XKO Tie Breaker:

1. Most 3XKO selected WINNING teams
2. 3XKO Countback
3. Most winning teams selected in concurrent week 17 AE CR.
4. Highest Winning Team CR Countback
5. Highest Winning CR Road Team Countback
6. Highest AE score

In the case of 3XKO countback, the Lower selected correctly selected WINNING team pick takes prominence.
ie: Wolfmother 5th selected pick team loses compared to Redragger's selected 8th team loser pick, then Redragger is DEEMED the WINNER of 3XKO.
Likewise, Redragger's 4th team pick select team loses to Wolfmother's 5th team loser, then Wolfmother is deemed 3XKO Champ.

In the case of AE score tied, then the 3XKO Showdown will proceed into Wildcard Play-offs round.

An online LIVE draft pick time will be announced this Thursday 31st Dec.

Good Luck Guys.

Well that's me done for the season, unless I can fluke an MVP win somehow....

Congratulations Reacher, do it for the Browns.

Thanks Chris - its as good as in the bag.
Haven't seen much of the opponents to worry me, plus when have the Broncos ever won over the Browns. Everything points to a victory to me
;)

So I made a phone call last night... it went a little something like this...

Ring, Ring... Ring, Ring...

cutler%20phone-thumb-580x422-22103.jpg

JC: Hello... who's this...?
PB74: It's your old mate petey downunder...
JC: Who???
PB74: Remember me? I loved you as a Bronco and was devastated the way things went at the start of 2009.
JC: Who is this?
PB74: Don't worry about that... anyways, I need a Bears win today so I can advance to the Next Duel final next week...
JC: Next what?
PB74: Listen here Jay... can you pull off an upset win for me or what?
JC: I'll see what I can do... who did you say was calling againg?
...click...beep, beep, beep...

JC: Can you tell Lovie we need to dedicate this win to some bloke in Australia for me...
cutler%20kreutz.jpg

THE REST IS HISTORY... :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back