2009 CDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Interesting start to the new year. Casey thinking he had them all right to go then 5 or 6 walk out, dolphins recruit some guns and its too late for warra to do anything about replacing there losses or matching lornes new recruits. Can report that warra have had a large crack at both Dean Towers and Justin Robbins who i believe both finished top three in otways b and f last year although i may be wrong. Robbins in particular is a terrific player and would be a huge loss for otway if he were to leave although his inclination is to stay apparently. Interesting that Casey has indicated that they have the kids to fill the gaps but there would have to be a query there i believe. 2009 looks to be much the same as 08' although perhaps warra have come back to the field a little although still they are a terrific side and were dominant last year in a big way. Looking forward to it and best of luck to all sides

Nov 11, 2008
Uranusuwish
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Paul finn to Imps... wow that will really shore up there spine this year, along with the ever evolving/ever eating Jordan Johnstone, imps look set to finish in the top 3 and would be dissapointed not too.... With a year under the belt of there simpson recruits in Daniel "scared boy" Mason, Andrew "kickless" Crole & Mark "show me the money" Foster they are sure to put the wind up many teams in 09. Add the experience of there coach "The Hasss" and things are only looking up this year at the Kitty Kats.......

b2bbombers

Draftee
Nov 29, 2008
westvic
AFL Club
Carlton
Paul finn to Imps... wow that will really shore up there spine this year, along with the ever evolving/ever eating Jordan Johnstone, imps look set to finish in the top 3 and would be dissapointed not too.... With a year under the belt of there simpson recruits in Daniel "scared boy" Mason, Andrew "kickless" Crole & Mark "show me the money" Foster they are sure to put the wind up many teams in 09. Add the experience of there coach "The Hasss" and things are only looking up this year at the Kitty Kats.......
Please tell me Finnys not getting money to go to Imps:eek:

B-HAWK 26

Senior List
Nov 19, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting start to the new year. Casey thinking he had them all right to go then 5 or 6 walk out, dolphins recruit some guns and its too late for warra to do anything about replacing there losses or matching lornes new recruits. Can report that warra have had a large crack at both Dean Towers and Justin Robbins who i believe both finished top three in otways b and f last year although i may be wrong. Robbins in particular is a terrific player and would be a huge loss for otway if he were to leave although his inclination is to stay apparently. Interesting that Casey has indicated that they have the kids to fill the gaps but there would have to be a query there i believe. 2009 looks to be much the same as 08' although perhaps warra have come back to the field a little although still they are a terrific side and were dominant last year in a big way. Looking forward to it and best of luck to all sides
large crack? and who the hell is justin robbins? he played under 17s for birre last year

skanky bitch

Debutant
Oct 26, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Winchelsea F.C is looking for a practice match on march 21st and/or 28th. Happy to play at home or away. If you think your team would like a hit out for the up and coming season please don't hesitate to contact me for more details.
mick. 0417 422 296

Commo46

Debutant
Dec 28, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
for any people interested. there is a list of all current clearances for the colac league on the football geelong website. enjoy.

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC
It appears early days yet, but the documents can be found here

Forrest currently with the most in for new players being 10, and Imps with 7.
Apollo Bay have 7 in to leave followed by IB with 6.

Mr Magoo74

Rookie
Jun 18, 2008
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm
It appears early days yet, but the documents can be found here

Forrest currently with the most in for new players being 10, and Imps with 7.
Apollo Bay have 7 in to leave followed by IB with 6.

Gee Forrest have a big turnover of players........ what a surprise :eek:

Bay could be in struggle town with 7 leaving and 7 fairly high quality players at that.

Anymore news on IB, the rumour mill is running hot on this, i've heard up to 12 players to leave, not sure if they're all 1's though.

Is anyone organised to play other CDFL teams in praccy matches this year, so we can get some early report on the news faces to the league

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Birre have practice matches against Winchelsea (The Battle of the Barwon) and Beaufort at this stage. It also seems that there are a lot more new faces at the club than indicated on the transfers list so I would assume the same goes for the other clubs.
In fact I have seen Forrest training in Geelong with as many as 30 involved.
There does seems to be a feeling that IB will lose a lot of players.

Feb 27, 2009
Earth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TS4LYF
Heard forrest have lost a few but also picked up a few,but heard that all the newcomb boys are sticking around for another year.no sign of carl doolan apparently

fast eddy

Rookie
Apr 10, 2008
western vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whats every ones opinion on the following for 2009?

1. Grand Final Teams:
2. Premiers 2009:
3. Top 5:
4. Wooden Spoon:
5. League B+F:
6. Leading Goalkicker:
7. Headline we will read in 2009:

Mr Magoo74

Rookie
Jun 18, 2008
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm
1. Grand Final Teams: Lorne v Birre
2. Premiers 2009: Lorne
3. Top 5: Lorne, Birre, IBeeac, Forrest, South
4. Wooden Spoon: Eagles
5. League B+F: Ricky White - Lorne
6. Leading Goalkicker:
7. Headline we will read in 2009: Bombers crash back to earth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

croc01

Draftee
Mar 4, 2009
around
AFL Club
Geelong
Watched lorne v newcombe last week . Lornes new players all played very well evans a gun white is a champion i agree will win b&f. Newcombe were s**t house under manned and over weight. So cant take to much out of it. With the players back at the dolphin pad they will win the flag. Ps look out for a few old faces sniffing around come round 10 or so.

Roar44

Draftee
Apr 15, 2008
Ballarat
AFL Club
Essendon
Brenton Sessions is training with Bacchus Marsh in the Ballarat League, can anyone provide any info on the type of player he is and what club he is transferring from.

chiefcharging

Rookie
Apr 7, 2008
Colac
AFL Club
Geelong
Brenton Sessions is training with Bacchus Marsh in the Ballarat League, can anyone provide any info on the type of player he is and what club he is transferring from.
hey mate, 'sesho' played with Western Eagles last season in the seniors.. played mainly as a center half forward or back and has done well to adapt to the game considering he comes from a rugby league background. Can take a strong mark and is a big kick but thats all i know sorry mate!

KOOROC12

Rookie
Jun 14, 2006
colac
AFL Club
Fremantle
Otway Vs Rokewood this weekend (28th) at Gellibrand.. should be good to see where the demons are at this season with another young side... ones to watch : Dean Towers, Hemi Beckett and Chris Paatch...
Rokewood have a few old Otway boys signing there this season and it will be interesting to see if they play or not.. Chris Hall, Luis Alveraz-Harris and Dallas Byars....

thekid178

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Turtles
Yes solid hitout for Otway on Saturday. Came out with a fast start but evetually was worn down by Rokewood. Both teams would've taken a fair bit away from the game, was a good game played hard and fair.

Of the ex-otway connection at the hoppers, only that last name played, and he didn't do much. The other 2 had prior commitments

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Clearances (to) as at 1 April, pending and approved.
Alvie:
Battersby, Tim
Cox, Ben
Inglis, Joshua

Apollo Bay:
Featherstone, Peter

Birregurra:
Grant, Dylan
Hassell, Lachlan
Healy, Ryan
Hyland, Taylor
Iskra, Joel
Moorfoot, Jack
Nolan, Patrick
Payne, Simon
Salajan, Stephen
Thompson, Grant

Colac Imperials:
Browes, Nathan
Finn, Brandon
Finn, Paul
Finn, Shaun
Keast, Jordan
Kerr, Timothy
Mawson, Kieran
Patullo, Bill
Postma, Dale
Shaw, Adam
Shaw, Ben
Spokes, Heath
Walsh, Brodie
Williamson, Peter

Forrest:
Booth, Trent
Callahan, Leigh
Clark, Jason
Collins, Sam
Desmond-Goodlet, Jake
Driscoll, Kyle
Edwards, Raymond
Forssman, Javid
Hood, Brent
Paatsch, William
Parker, Jake
Rhodes, Ben
Stevenson, Josh
Taylor, Matthew
Tebble, Daniel
Williams, Andrew
Williamson, Jayden

Irrewarra-Beeac:
Angus, Carl
Fedley, Dillyn

Lorne:
Evans, Ryan
Little, Andrew
Parsons, Sam
Shiels, Brock
White, Richard
Winter, Nathan

Otway Districts:
Brown, Mace
Martin, Benjamin
Mcgee, Brad
Scott, Simon
Thackeray, Kyle
White, Brendan
White, Cameron
White, Richard (jnr)
Morgan, Jake

Simpson:
Armistead, Bradley
Arnold, Tyson
Jennings, Judson
Osborn, Matthew
Wright, Benjamin

South Colac:
Abbott, Bradley
Dooley, Michael
Goonan, Josh
Harty, Chace
O'Shannassy, Scott
Spokes, Jamie

Western Eagles:
Convery-Oborne, Brennen
Elsum, Colin
Harrison, Leonard
Hay, Leigh
Lovell, Jamie
Mcinnes, Donald
Mcleod, Nathan
Mcnamara, Andrew
Midolo, Kane
Walker, Damien

Forrest with 16 new faces so far and Imps with 14

Nov 11, 2008
Uranusuwish
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gee Imps are looking alot better then i first thought...... They only needed a couple of players to ice the cake in the way of playing finals football in 09 and they have certainley done that. Add to them recruits the spark, grunt, polish and silky smooth skills of Jordy Johnstone & the year cant come quick enough for this eager bunch...Lookout opposition clubs the wild cats are coming... Another real added bonus would be if they could get there most influential leader in Daniel "Hard at it" Mason back on the track.I rate this man a real threat and impossible to stop when he is up and about. Has a tendency to pile on the kilos quickly though so will need to be looked after and kept away from Pinkys Pizza, Red Rooster etc. All the best boys......

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Clearances (to) as at 15 April, pending and approved.
Alvie:
Battersby, Tim
Cox, Ben
Inglis, Joshua

Apollo Bay:
Featherstone, Peter
Melican, Dale
Smith, Matthew
Tate, Cameron
Wright, Darcy

Birregurra:
Grant, Dylan
Hassell, Lachlan
Healy, Ryan
Hyland, Taylor
Iskra, Joel
Moorfoot, Jack
Nolan, Patrick
Payne, Simon
Salajan, Stephen
Thompson, Grant

Colac Imperials:
Browes, Nathan
Dorning, Jonathon
Finn, Brandon
Finn, Paul
Finn, Shaun
Keast, Jordan
Kerr, Timothy
Mawson, Kieran
Mckenzie, Jason
Patullo , Bill
Postma, Dale
Shaw, Adam
Shaw, Ben
Spokes, Heath
Walsh, Brodie
Williamson, Peter

Forrest:
Booth, Trent
Bourke, Jason
Callahan, Leigh
Clark, Jason
Collins, Sam
Desmond-Goodlet, Jake
Driscoll, Kyle
Edwards, Raymond
Forssman, Javid
Hambrook, John
Hodgson, Campbell
Hood, Brent
Paatsch, William
Parker, Jake
Rhodes, Ben
Stevenson, Josh
Taylor, Matthew
Tebble, Daniel
Trickey, Rohan
Williams, Andrew

Irrewarra-Beeac:
Angus, Carl
Fedley, Dillyn
Heaton-Harris, Alexander

Lorne:
Beaumont, Blake
Evans, Ryan
Law, Tex
Little, Andrew
Norton, Kurt
Parsons, Sam
Shiels, Brock
Tipping, Ben
White, Richard
Winter, Nathan

Otway Districts:
Brown, Mace
Jennings, Phillip
Kent, Shane
Martin, Benjamin
Mcgee, Brad
Murnane, Edward
Scott, Simon
Spokes, Matthew
Thackeray, Kyle
White, Brendan
White, Cameron
White, Richard (jnr)

Simpson:
Armistead, Bradley
Arnold, Tyson
Carr, Zachary
Dridan, Glen
Jennings, Judson
Mclaughlin, Jye
Mitchell, Dean
Osborn, Matthew
Seabrook, Matthew
Wright, Benjamin
Wright, Thomas

South Colac:
Abbott, Bradley
Dooley, Michael
Goonan, Josh
Harty, Chace
O'Shannassy, Scott
Phillips, Aaron
Spokes, Jamie

Western Eagles:
Boyd, Nic
Carson, Tom
Convery-Oborne, Brennen
Elsum, Colin
Hardaway, John Jr
Harrison, Leonard
Hay, Leigh
Hay, Simon
Howard, Adrian
Kirby, Raymond
Lovell, Jamie
Mcinnes, Donald
Mcleod, Nathan
Mcnamara, Andrew
Midolo, Kane
Rippon, David
Walker, Damien

Forrest with 20 new faces so far Western Eagles 17 and Imps with 16

thekid178

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Turtles
OK u might not need to write out a player by player blow, but what about players leaving clubs hilly? got some figures and maybe throw in 1 or 2 'players of note'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back