2009 Colts Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont rate skye that highly, i do agree it is there for st kilda city to win. but wouldnt count out any of the other finals contenders. st pauls had 16 (and finished with 15 in the end) the day we played skye and took it up to them for 3 quarters, only lost in the last quarter when we ran out of legs 7 goals to 1.

st pauls have got skye in a few weeks now and as a player im looking forward to having a second crack at them and hoping to take the 3rd spot from dingley with a win and continue winning in the last couple of rounds.

The only reason I rate Skye is because when we played them, they have the ability to get under your noses.

Interestingly, today we smashed Highett by 168pts, while Dingley beat Skye by 3 goals. I find it interesting as St Pauls beat Dingley a couple of weeks back by 2pts with 16 players, and the week before than we smashed St. Pauls by 80 odd.

We've got Dingley next Saturday at the Peanut Farm, should be a beauty, we've got close to 30 players so there'll be plenty of rotations from us like today. Should be a good game.

The only reason I rate Skye is because when we played them, they have the ability to get under your noses.

Interestingly, today we smashed Highett by 168pts, while Dingley beat Skye by 3 goals. I find it interesting as St Pauls beat Dingley a couple of weeks back by 2pts with 16 players, and the week before than we smashed St. Pauls by 80 odd.

We've got Dingley next Saturday at the Peanut Farm, should be a beauty, we've got close to 30 players so there'll be plenty of rotations from us like today. Should be a good game.

as a st pauls guy, not good news for us to hear dingley winning as it gives us a slim chance to get the double chance now, would've preferred a lose for dingley today and have st kilda take care of them, with us hopefully beating skye next week.

was a great game that one! we had a huge list of players out with injuries, we have a list of 25 and manage to find 16 each week, a couple players playing seniors or others injured, or just didnt wake up early enough.

as a st pauls guy, not good news for us to hear dingley winning as it gives us a slim chance to get the double chance now, would've preferred a lose for dingley today and have st kilda take care of them, with us hopefully beating skye next week.

was a great game that one! we had a huge list of players out with injuries, we have a list of 25 and manage to find 16 each week, a couple players playing seniors or others injured, or just didnt wake up early enough.

At City, we have a list of 35, and yesterday we had 12 on the bench as we had to play with 16 because Highett only had 17 players. We have the depth and quality to go all the way.

Big game this weekend, 1st City vs. 3rd Dingley. If Dingley lose they'll probably end up coming 3rd, for us (City) it's a huge game to show we're still king of the Colts. We beat them last time in a very fiery encounter, massive brawl at Quarter Time, so this should be another fiery game.

Big game this weekend, 1st City vs. 3rd Dingley. If Dingley lose they'll probably end up coming 3rd, for us (City) it's a huge game to show we're still king of the Colts. We beat them last time in a very fiery encounter, massive brawl at Quarter Time, so this should be another fiery game.

nobody likes dingley, everybody loves a win against them..to win by 4 pts, with 16 players against a cocky side like them..couldnt have asked for anything more

nobody likes dingley, everybody loves a win against them..to win by 4 pts, with 16 players against a cocky side like them..couldnt have asked for anything more

Yeah we won by around 40 I think last time. We played the game, they tried to hurt us and got done for it. I can't stand Dingley, I know no one likes them as well. They're out in The Sticks.

anyone know anything about Narre North Foxes?

results show they aren't anything special.. except have heard they play there better players on friday nights because they have school footy on saturdays..?
got them tomorrow night for the first time this year (which is our last game..dont know how that fixturing worked..?)

I heard a Stkilda city pay some of their Colts i hope this is not true but nothing would suprise me.
Can anyone confirm or deny this as i think its important to clear the air

I heard a Stkilda city pay some of their Colts i hope this is not true but nothing would suprise me.

im not a st kilda city player, but that would be ridiculous.. from what i know a good majority of the guys played u/17s last year in the msjfl or have been at the club for a long time. would surprise me if any of them get paid to play colts... maybe if they played seniors???:confused:

im not a st kilda city player, but that would be ridiculous.. from what i know a good majority of the guys played u/17s last year in the msjfl or have been at the club for a long time. would surprise me if any of them get paid to play colts... maybe if they played seniors???:confused:

Fair enough i hope you are right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe they just have good juniors and you blokes are crying because your rubbish colts get smashed by them

Or maybe they just have good juniors and you blokes are crying because your rubbish colts get smashed by them

The only colts that i want to win are at Flemington so what r u on about???
It was raised that City have given some of the kids $$$ to stick around.
If thats true its a disgrace

Some Colts players have played 1's, not sure if they've been paid though. Can't confirm that. But I'd say 60-70% of the U17's and Colts players were there last year.

I haven't heard anything . .

Well, the Top 5 is Set for the Colts.

St. Kilda City get this weekend off, while Skye faceoff with Dingley for the chance to meet City next weekend, while the loser faces the winner of the Elimination Final between St. Pauls and Murrumbeena.

Should be a good weekend of matches.

Well, the Top 5 is Set for the Colts.

St. Kilda City get this weekend off, while Skye faceoff with Dingley for the chance to meet City next weekend, while the loser faces the winner of the Elimination Final between St. Pauls and Murrumbeena.

Should be a good weekend of matches.

St Pauls should get by Murrumbeena this weekend, but finals footy is always a different level of footy and never no what to expect. An 80 pt win last time we met will be forgotten. Interested to see the result in Dingley and Skye as both good teams.

How are City feeling with a break?

St Pauls should get by Murrumbeena this weekend, but finals footy is always a different level of footy and never no what to expect. An 80 pt win last time we met will be forgotten. Interested to see the result in Dingley and Skye as both good teams.

How are City feeling with a break?

We're feeling good. Training this week should be intense as we're not playing but I don't think the break will hurt us at all.

I think you'll win and play Skye. Dingley beat Skye last time they played by 3 goals. And you only lost to Skye by 1 goal I think a couple of weeks ago.

Just want to say what a fantastic competition the colts has been this year. Top class games when the top half dozen sides meet and mostly the right attitude from all players and officials. The teams lower in the ladder have struggled at times but will be better next year. A few thoughts for the coming years:

If the other clubs which have indicated they will field teams next year front up will it be two divisions? Will the divisions align with the senior clubs?
How about a rule that if you don't have a colts team you don't get promoted or if you do you don't get relegated?
How about a play off between the colts team of the relegated and promoted club to see who moves divisions?
It's the club that gets promoted not the senior team. So the promoted club could be the club that gets the most points in 1st, reserves and colts.

Just wondering!

We're feeling good. Training this week should be intense as we're not playing but I don't think the break will hurt us at all.

I think you'll win and play Skye. Dingley beat Skye last time they played by 3 goals. And you only lost to Skye by 1 goal I think a couple of weeks ago.

Yes were coming to full strength minus one of the top players missing the last couple of games with injury.
Well hopefully theres a win this Sunday for us, and we'd be confident to put it up to whoever it may be, considering we beat Dingley last time we played them and yes only lost by the goal to Skye, both games missing some of the better players in the side.

Yes were coming to full strength minus one of the top players missing the last couple of games with injury.
Well hopefully theres a win this Sunday for us, and we'd be confident to put it up to whoever it may be, considering we beat Dingley last time we played them and yes only lost by the goal to Skye, both games missing some of the better players in the side.

Yeah I've had that from some of your players as well. I think you're more than capable of beating both of them. And you challenged us for almost 3 Q's earlier in the season as well.

Good luck for this weekend!

gday guys, ive played for city since u/13s. I can confirm that no one is being paid to be at the club. some of our midfield players from the u/17s last year were approached by other clubs (such as west heidelberg) and offered money but they declined it and opted to play for the saints this year....

gday guys, ive played for city since u/13s. I can confirm that no one is being paid to be at the club. some of our midfield players from the u/17s last year were approached by other clubs (such as west heidelberg) and offered money but they declined it and opted to play for the saints this year....

after the seasons finished, were seen all teams. who do you suggest are each teams best/better players throughout the year..

st kilda city - harrington, joachim, nidam
dingley - wilcox, hickford, ravenall
skye - fox, o'driscoll, scott
st pauls - will leave that for other clubs to decide..
murrumbeena - pratt, thompson, hargrave
hampton - timms
cheltenham - lawson
chelsea heights - spicer
narre north - pulham
highett - shaw
mordialloc - wont even go there.

feel free to add names and opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back