2009 EFL Div 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Match of the season this week.

Mooroolbark v UFTG.

Mustangs have been winning without setting the world on fire, but Upper Gully have been routinely flogging sides.

Hoping for a dry day with little wind.

Match of the season this week.

Mooroolbark v UFTG.

Mustangs have been winning without setting the world on fire, but Upper Gully have been routinely flogging sides.

Hoping for a dry day with little wind.

bit of a fizzer, really...barks kept them at arms length all day.

bit of a fizzer, really...barks kept them at arms length all day.

Yep, Talevski was superb considering he seemed to have multiple opponents everytime the ball came near him.

The Mustangs just need their best players to stay in one piece to be premiers from here.

Who thinks that a loss during the season for Mooroolbark might actually be good for them? If they end up undefeated through the home and away season, does that give them greater confidence going into the finals - or does it add more pressure not to have a repeat of last year?

Who thinks that a loss during the season for Mooroolbark might actually be good for them? If they end up undefeated through the home and away season, does that give them greater confidence going into the finals - or does it add more pressure not to have a repeat of last year?

i was hoping they would lose a tight one to UFTG on the weekend for that very reason.

but am now more convinced that it doesn't matter either way, i don't think anyone is capable of beating them.

last year they weren't supposed to be there (remove the fact they fell into the minor premiership after waverley got the wobbles)...they won twice in a row against the eventual premiers (rd 18 & 2nd semi) and almost snatched the whole thing - but they were there a year too soon.

Mooroolbark will win div 3 by a mile.
Yea and you know what they will be straight back down in 2 yrs time because talevski and his other vermont mates are going back to vermont next yr. They will have a completely different side next yr and imo they will struggle.

Yea and you know what they will be straight back down in 2 yrs time because talevski and his other vermont mates are going back to vermont next yr. They will have a completely different side next yr and imo they will struggle.

source...?

source...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kid and all of the Vermont boys who have come across absolutely love being at Mooroolbark and are all there for years to come. In fact we may even pick up a couple more boys from their old neck of the woods if we make it to second division.

Not all done and dusted yet....

Heathmont/Mitcham will not win today, so if Mitcham get hammered and Heathmont can be competitive, then the Jets will be staying up.

EFL Boy, I did a quick calculation last week and assuming both Mitcham / Heathmont lose, Heathmont still have to kick about 400 points more than Mitcham to stay up (and assuming kicking those 400 points in a losing team). So basically, the only way Heathmont can stay up is if they win and Mitcham lose.

Oh, alright.

I should probably take more notice. :p

Which game are you umpiring today?

Not umpiring any more - quit about 2 weeks ago. A number of us have left during the season finding it impossible to work with our new coach this year...:thumbsdown:

Oh, sorry to hear that.

I have a few mates who umpire aswell, but I haven't heard anything from them about it.

Div 3 Finals Matches this week

Second Semi Final - Saturday 22nd August, Jubilee Park, Ringwood.

Seniors: Mooroolbark vs Upper Ferntree Gully
Reserves: Mooroolbark vs Boronia
RoadSafe Colts: North Ringwood vs Upper Ferntree Gully

First Semi Final - Sunday 23rd August, Jubilee Park, Ringwood

Seniors: Warrandyte vs Whitehorse Pioneers (LIVE on 98.1FM Radio Eastern and streaming at http://www.efl.org.au from 2:00pm)
Reserves: Mitcham vs Warrandyte
Colts: Warrandyte vs Mooroolbark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back