2009 EFL Div 4 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't find a better club:thumbsu: Good stable committee, re-surfaced ground, ok facilities, great coach and the most important part great blokes who love a beer! :):thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Why dont you invite them to play for Dandy or arnt the guys at your Club any good?
the commitee not doing thier job?
the Coach doesnt want good players?
please explain??
Who in the hell appointed you were they pissed at the time?

Canterbury are not far away from being competitive. They have pushed some sides for a half or so before falling away.

Why dont you check out Surrey Park SOK. They could use a few players coming into the club.

I would say they are Not Competetive look at the Scoreboard 20 goal loss.
They are not in the ball park

interesting league southern. Trained with a 2nd divvy club who were mid table last year and this year. Very, very ordinary. Cant really imagine the quality of divvy 3?! Strange how the quality of football differs over melb

interesting league southern. Trained with a 2nd divvy club who were mid table last year and this year. Very, very ordinary. Cant really imagine the quality of divvy 3?! Strange how the quality of football differs over melb

I think I am right in saying Canterbury were a top division 3 sfl club for years before crossing over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Mazins been a regular for Chirnside this season so far? I had them against FTG earlier in the season - he left the ground halfway through the 2nd quarter and didn't return. Haven't heard much news since.

Has Mazins been a regular for Chirnside this season so far? I had them against FTG earlier in the season - he left the ground halfway through the 2nd quarter and didn't return. Haven't heard much news since.

EFL website says he has played 10 games, kicked 50 goals. I think the sides have got better at blocking the hole & putting extra pressure on the mid fielders, plus Chinside have a better spread of goal kickers than Eastern did last year IMO, so not as relient on him.

Tigersman, I would like to read your thoughts on the year as you are our expert Div 4 poster.

Did South Belgrave meet your expectations this year?

Hardly an expert, EFL Boy.

I think it has been a very positive year for South. The move to EFL is 2 years in now and I think the club would be very happy with how it is working out.

They were able to pinch good wins against The Basin and Templestowe to end up 8-8 for the year. That's a big step forward on last year when South were about where Canterbury are this year.

Injuries to key players had a big impact as it does with all teams at some stage. Unfortunately the depth isn't there yet.

Nick Cox added a bit of strength and an old head to a senior group that is very young. The problem this year was that while Souths best footy was competitive with best sides, when the side was off it was beaten badly. The form fluctuations could be put down to being a young group but I would think a focus going into next year might be to get a tougher more consistent mental edge to the group. I think with some improvement both from within the existing player group and from a recruit or two finals would be realistic next year.

Pre season talk that I heard had Chirnside Park and The Basin as the teams to beat and that proved to be the case. I also heard Ferntree Gully would be a big improver but that didn't seem to come to fruition. I would be interested to hear from Gully supporters on their thoughts on the year. Keeping in mind I have seen very little of most of these teams I would say Kilsyth have improved a bit, Forest hill stayed competitive without pushing up the ladder. Eastern Lions took a step back for obvious reasons. Canterbury struggled as expected but have been competitive for short periods of time within games and now they have seen the footy played in this comp they will adjust for next year. I expect them to improve considerably in 2010. Surrey Park must be the concern for the league. No offence to those involved but that club is a long way off being competitive on field. How are they going financially I wonder? Will they go around next year?

Chirnside Park have been the best side I have seen this year. They have a good blend of Talls and runners. They move the ball cleanly and run hard to pressure the opposition. I expect them to win the flag.

What does everyone else think of the year? Feel free to pick apart or expand on my very brief and mostly ill informed critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back