Resource 2009 finals tickets thread (updated for Grand Final ticket ballot results)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The inevitable GF tickets request thread

missed grand final tickets 3 years in a row. my membership card is now in the bin. I will not be renewing it ever.

yeah i did.

i just want to know what it is the mysterious $450 transaction i have no idea about.

Wow. Wonders never cease. I'd imagine you'd watch the game thru the cracks outside gate 5. :p

Next you'll be sipping an ice cold corona before the GF begins. :eek::eek:

$450... huh... you dont recall your trip to Gotham City?? That would probably account for the money there Forss.

Lol, kidding. Weird. Hope you sort it out. :thumbsu:

missed grand final tickets 3 years in a row. my membership card is now in the bin. I will not be renewing it ever.

Cool! One less ticket in the ballot next year :thumbsu:

3 outta 3 years in the ballot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG.

Sorry for bragging to those who havnt been lucky once :(

BUT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Why did my other thread get merged with this one.
I know its a similar subject but i thought a central place that wasn't clogged up with other stuff would be helpful for those of us hoping for a miracle

Why did my other thread get merged with this one.
I know its a similar subject but i thought a central place that wasn't clogged up with other stuff would be helpful for those of us hoping for a miracle

Because this thread will be having the same stuff in it. Merging it all together means less clutter :thumbsu:

Got tickets in the ballot for the first time - applied all three years.

Very happy but feel sorry for those that missed out, believe me, I know how you feel.

I came across extra tickets in 2007 through my line of work... if the same thing happens this year I will keep the board posted.

Out of curiosity - people who are successful this year, how many tickets did you apply for? I ask because in 07 and 08 it was just my dad and I and we missed out both times. This year I got another friend on board and we were successful in asking for three tickets. Do your chances increase depending on how many members are in your application?

Oh, and people threatening to not renew memberships next year, don't be silly. Fact is, all us priority two members have the chance to become September Members or join the waiting list. I thought about doing it this year, but couldn't afford it on top of my AFL Silver membership and reserved seat at Skilled. It wouldn't have given me a right to complain if I missed out in the ballot, and up until about 5pm yesterday it looked like I had missed out (for some reason my CC wasn't deducted until around 5.30pm - CBA).

Because this thread will be having the same stuff in it. Merging it all together means less clutter :thumbsu:

Eventually it probably would have the same stuff but at the moment there's just as many posts with people saying they got tickets not to mention the 900 odd earlier posts that no-ones going to trawl through to pick out those that need tickets.
Not to mention that I've gone from 1st poster on an independant thread to lost in the crowd in this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may as well join the list of hard luck stories .... have missed out for the 3rd year running as well.

Oh well .... time to turn my attention to all forms of graft and corruption and see if I can get my hands on a couple of tickets. The weather forecast looks very ordinary at this early stage so premium seats undercover will be "at a premium" later in the week if people are looking to on-sell.

A mate of mine is involved with one of the re-sellers and because of the weather situation has said the best thing to do is wait until Friday and some of the $1300 - $1500 tickets via the AFL and others will be significantly reduced if they look like being lumped with large blocks of unsold tickets that are'nt undercover.

You might get a wet backside but at least you'll be there.

YESSS!!!!! Two years in a row! F*&king happy as. My sympathy goes to all the members that missed out :(, best of luck in somehow getting a ticket another way.

Does anyone know how I can check what seat I got?

So.....any chance of us making a new thread that won't be merged, PLEASE
I have to go to work in a few minutes and I would really like to be the first post anyone sees when they open the thread

BDP can be my #2

So.....any chance of us making a new thread that won't be merged, PLEASE
I have to go to work in a few minutes and I would really like to be the first post anyone sees when they open the thread

BDP can be my #2

Yep go for it. If it gets cluttered I'll merge it later in the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back