2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

In the GF last year it was very obvious all day that Kolora were under strict instructions to play the ball and win the flag. Some Timboon snipers took advantage of this and got away with murder (Ben Newey twice whacking Ben Kenna well off the ball). It will be interesting to see if squibs like him will continue his sniping knowing it's not a GF and he might get one back.

i watched the game and didnt think newey did much at all. there were a few send offs in the GF and he wasnt one off them. it will be interesting to see where both sides are at round 1

well its almost upon us and thought i'd better put in my two bobs worth... Power got a touch up at the hands of port fairy but so has everyone theyve played so very hard to judge them by it, the new on baller is no bourke that much is for sure, he maybe quality but nothin close to bourke. Timboon have as has been stated lost a few (6 in all) and have signed.... wait for it..... NO ONE!! so much for them throwing round big money. Rovers will be worse than last year as will allansford (belted by simpson) and nirranda (averaging 12-15 at training) Merrivale you would guess are 2-3 spots higher on the ladder on paper and may well be even higher if they can gel together, creek feel their on the move up too but not sure i can see it...

Will save predictions on all the major ones for a couple of weeks in but at the moment id guess top 4 will be power, timboon, merrivale and dennignton or creek.

Looking forward to another season of rubbish, rumours, insults and stupidity lol good luck to all those that play and even better luck to those that type before thinking :)

Re: 2010 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Here is how i think the ladder will finish up this year along with a few other predictions...

Kolora
Timboon
Dennington
Merrivale
Rovers
Creek
Pamnure
Allansford
Old Collegians
Nirranda
Deakin
East W.

J.A. Esam: R.Gregg
Leading Goalkicker: R.Gregg

Players to watch: Ben Ward (Allansford) Sam Wilson (Creek)

after the results of round 1 i'd say the top 5 will be:
Power
Dennington
Creek
Merrivale
Timboon
Fraser to win the goal kickin but wouldnt have a clue to who will win the J.A Esam maybe he will win it to. he is a gun.

Timboon are shot!! They've got too few quality players and their on and off field leadership is non existent. Apparently they were kept out on the ground for 15 minutes after the game while Sholl and Fleming had a chat to them. To achieve what I wonder.

In the second half when Power began to dominate, Timboon dropped their bundle real quick. So many times Kolora marked around the 50 metre area and were allowed to pass it in to loose blokes while Timboon players stood around with hands on hips or with their backs to the action. Twice Nick Kenna marked 40 out and Timboon players keep assuming he'll have a shot. Fraser points to a hole 20 metres in front of him and Kenna simply kicks it there. Embarrassingly easy!

Kolora once again have a very good midfield and forward line but the backline is very short. Any side who can move it quickly to a couple of tall forwards, which Timboon managed to do in the 1st quarter, will certainly test them. It's a big ask but they have to keep Fraser down to 2 or 3 goals also.

The new bloke Corrigan's got a touch of class too.

If ever Panmure have a chance to beat the Power then this week is it. It's probably Slugger Schrama's last game and Kolora have a few out. I still think Power by a fair margin.

Dennington will belt Allansford
Merrivale and Rovers??
Creek will thump Nirranda
Likewise Collegians and Deakin
East a lost cause against Timboon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back