2010 - 2019. our decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Zaharakis becomes a goal kicking mid - They are worth their weight in gold.

Essendon midfielders dont kick enough goals.

Stanton, Winderlich and Lovett all got close to kicking 20 goals this season, thats a good return for a midfielder in my book. I think our forwards don't kick enough goals - Monfries, Davey in particular. I really want to get Reimers fit because he's worth a goal a game easily. Williams will also help in this regard.

I hope that Zaharakis becomes a goal kicking mid - They are worth their weight in gold.

Essendon midfielders dont kick enough goals.

I'm fairly sure thats our forwards that your talking about.

look at the goal tally on the bombers website: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/matches/statistics.asp?pt=scorers

the forwards kicked 118 goals (+ 16 from McPhee and 10 from Hurley of which i have no idea how many they kicked as fowards)

The midfielders kicked 144 (and the defenders 25).

assuming all the goals McPhee and Hurley kicked where as forwards they still only drew level with the midfielders.

Brownlow medal winners:
2010 - Watson
2011 - Prismal
2012 - Ryder
2013 - Neagle
2014 - Zaharakis
2015 - Zaharakis
2016 - Zaharakis
2017 -
2018 -
2019 -

Coleman medal winners:
2010 - Neagle (83)
2011 - Neagle (97)
2012 - Neagle (105)
2013 - Neagle (148)
2014 - Neagle (102)
2015 - Still (87)
2016 - Still (102)
2017 - Stil (100)
2018 -
2019 -
I left 17-19 blank because they havn't been drafted yet:thumbsu:;)

On a serious note, lets just try and make finals next year (hopefully home final), top 4 the next, and then make a serious tilt at a premiership(s) through 2012-2014

Stanton, Winderlich and Lovett all got close to kicking 20 goals this season, thats a good return for a midfielder in my book. I think our forwards don't kick enough goals - Monfries, Davey in particular. I really want to get Reimers fit because he's worth a goal a game easily. Williams will also help in this regard.

From memory, Lovett kicked 19, Winderlich 16 and Stanton 15.

And Lovett has gone to StKilda.

You need 3 of the predominantly midfelders to kick 20+ goals per year.

I agree that the forwards didnt kick enough goals - and this came from 2 areas - not holding onto marks and crumbing.

I expect Williams to kick 60+ goals if he is fit and in form.

One could argue it was our decade.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back