that_dood

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Starts tonight in the UAE with hosts Al-Wahda taking on the might of Hekari United from PNG who will have star player Henry Fa'arodo famous for his miserable stint at the Perth Glory.

Other teams competing will be TP Mazembe of the DR Congo who were wonderful entertainment last year and scored some cracking goals, Pachuca of Mexico, Seongnam of South Korea who are captained by big Sasa Ognenovski, and two Inters from Brazil and Italy who come into the competition at the semi final stage.

All matches are being shown live on ONE HD with the first match tonight starting at midnight AWST (3am AEDT).

Ognenovski scored tonight to put Seongnam 2-1 up before half time. It was still 2-1 in the second half when I turned it off to watch the EPL.

If they win they play Inter Milan which will be a massive match for Sasa.

that'll be the first time the final doesn't feature UEFA and CONMEBOL teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched them get beaten last year by Auckland City, an amateur team from the land of fush n' chups. Now they have beaten a giant of South American football, and even world football!:thumbsu:

They are such an exciting team to watch, they have shocking discipline, but are brilliant at scoring great goals. Their keeper last night had probably the best game he has ever played, some brilliant saves to keep them in the game.

Hopefully another upset tonight as Rafa gets beaten by Sasa and co.

[YOUTUBE]FCCa73lmlXw[/YOUTUBE]

Watch the keeper's celebration (particularly at the end of the video)... surely the best celebration from a keeper of all time.

The celebration was even better when a team official in a suit tried to do it!

Sasa yellow carded and misses the final now... Oh wait, 2-0, Zanetti scores after a great back heel from Milito.

I thought Inter would run rampant but they've barely set up anything, it's just when they have, they kick goals. Either way, this game's boring now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back