Resource 2010 Geelong finals ticket information and questions - including Grand Final ballot (closed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Geelong finals ticket information and questions - including Grand Final ballot (Thursday)

wouldnt want to be stuck next to the collingwood ferals :)

So our ferals are better than their ferals? -just joshin, we all love our CS-

Um, and no wonder people are asking about tomorrows ballot. I KNOW all the info was sent out to us in the mail, but seriously could they set up their freaken website a bit better???

There is about 6 different links/subheadings to different info about finals. You'd think there would be a massive link on the front page of it to the ballot info.

-apologies if there is one and i just cant see it :eek:-

Re: Geelong finals ticket information and questions - including Grand Final ballot (Thursday)

Thanks for the info repost!

This thread isn't much different ... 24 pages with info scattered throughout. A mod should edit first post and put all relevant info there so its easy for everyone to find.

This thread isn't much different ... 24 pages with info scattered throughout. A mod should edit first post and put all relevant info there so its easy for everyone to find.

Haha, but what would SJ do all day if he wanst merging threads? ;)

Yeah I think maybe a sticky is needed at least for the next 48 hours with just ballot info. Dont want any members missing out!

Good idea, I'll get onto it.

I can't believe its $800 for a family of 4 to go to the GF.
Madness.

May as well buy a couple of bottles of decent Burgundies to drink while watching it and spend the other $400 taking the kids to the Melbourne show.

I can't believe its $800 for a family of 4 to go to the GF.
Madness.

May as well buy a couple of bottles of decent Burgundies to drink while watching it and spend the other $400 taking the kids to the Melbourne show.
And that is just for those enough lucky to get them through the ballot, it could be a whole lot more.

Many people would pay far more than $800 just for an individual ticket to see their team win a flag, particularly for the first time in 20 years (Collingwood this year), 44 years (Geelong in 2007 or St Kilda this year) or 56 years (Western Bulldogs this year).

If the pies get through the scalpers are going to have a field day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am selling one ticket to the game on Friday.

N55 Row C
Will sell for face value plus a few bob for the credit card fee - $125 total (premium seat)
This is in a Geelong section as far as I know - at least I am a Geelong member and this is where I was allocated.
I am sitting next you so please at least be a considerate (but still passionate) supporter!
I can meet you before the game around 7.30pm so please respond only if this works for you.

PM if interested.

SOLD

I'm registered :D

Me too.

But I hate the way we have to do it before we know if we've even made it to the GF, this year more than previous years I feel like this might jinx the results of tomorrow's game!

Plus the fact that we pay $4 per barcode to register, means that someone (AFL/ticketek) ends up getting an extra $300,000+ from members of the two teams that don't even make it to the GF.

Me too.

But I hate the way we have to do it before we know if we've even made it to the GF, this year more than previous years I feel like this might jinx the results of tomorrow's game!

Plus the fact that we pay $4 per barcode to register, means that someone (AFL/ticketek) ends up getting an extra $300,000+ from members of the two teams that don't even make it to the GF.

We have it good.

St Kilda get 12.5k tickets. They have 12.5k Social Club members, all of whom are guaranteed a GF ticket should they put their hands up. Last year 93% of their Social Club members took up their tickets.

Which leaves around 1000 tickets for rank and file members.

BUT - they have a thing called September Saint. Basically if you're a full member you can pay the club $130 to have a crack at one of the remaining 1000 odd tickets. They do this only after they have made the finals each year.

Now i'm not sure how many Saints members sign up for this, but basically if you're not a Social Club member, and aren't willing to pay the club extra moolah, you have absolutely no chance whatsoever to get a ticket through the ballot.

And the cruncher - if you don't get a ticket through the ballot after signing up as a September Saint, they'll refund your payment - well, all except $20 for admin :rolleyes:

Gidday Krisholio, every club has a september club, or captain's club which is supposed to guarantee you a ticket to the GF if your team makes it. Geelong also has them, and I think it is about $150 for the privilege.

I was lucky enough to request this membership after the 07 GF, where there was supposed to be a long waiting list. I was able to join it straight away, so there must have been a few who dropped off. I want to join the social club next time, however, I am happy with the September club.

So with that in mind, I'd better log into Ticketek and nominate for a ticket. Damn I hope we get up.

How great would it be if we get up, then the Dogs beat the Saints in a torrid tussle?

Gidday Krisholio, every club has a september club, or captain's club which is supposed to guarantee you a ticket to the GF if your team makes it. Geelong also has them, and I think it is about $150 for the privilege.

I was lucky enough to request this membership after the 07 GF, where there was supposed to be a long waiting list. I was able to join it straight away, so there must have been a few who dropped off. I want to join the social club next time, however, I am happy with the September club.

So with that in mind, I'd better log into Ticketek and nominate for a ticket. Damn I hope we get up.

How great would it be if we get up, then the Dogs beat the Saints in a torrid tussle?

I'm a Geelong supporter german, and a September Member as well :p I joined the very first year they started it (back when it was called 'The Captains Club')

My brother is a St Kilda member though, and the only guaranteed GF ticket package they have is through the Social Club. Their September package is a ton different to ours (and not in a good way, as I outlined above).

I'm an AFL member with Cats club support + september member (with reserved seats), so I have two membership cards. Which one do I need to put in for priority 1 :eek:

I'm an AFL member with Cats club support + september member (with reserved seats), so I have two membership cards. Which one do I need to put in for priority 1 :eek:

Is your September Member linked to your AFL Membership?

If so, your AFL Membership number is the one you put in.

If it's linked to a separate membership, thats the number you put in.

St Kilda get 12.5k tickets. They have 12.5k Social Club members, all of whom are guaranteed a GF ticket should they put their hands up.

Just curious, does anyone know how many September & Social Club members Geelong has, and so how many tickets are left for the ballot for ordinary members?

Just curious, does anyone know how many September & Social Club members Geelong has, and so how many tickets are left for the ballot for ordinary members?

It's either 1.5 or 2.5k September Members, and about 5k Social Club (though i'm not 100% on that one)

Is your September Member linked to your AFL Membership?

If so, your AFL Membership number is the one you put in.

If it's linked to a separate membership, thats the number you put in.

Just called the club, they said to put my Geelong member number in as that is linked to the September membership :thumbsu:

All done.
Minor heart attack after my barcode did not work. All fixed after a call to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back