Player Sponsorship 2010 Player Sponsorship - this is the plan ... Your thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Shadforth

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran Hawthorn Hawks - Muston and Savage Player Sponsor 2010 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2009 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2008 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2007 Player Sponsor
Oct 15, 2003
Coolangatta Queensland
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Interested Hawks BF guys, ladies and families here is a suggestion on how this forum conducts its 2010 player sponsorship as I have put to the other mods.

There is presently $987 (I'll make it up to a neat 1k) in this forum's HSBC bank account belonging to Beau Muston, that being an over subscription from last year's silver sponsorship of him which the club will not receive due to AFL salary cap rules and, as well, difficulties ATO wise.

So, here is the suggestion for 2010.

• This forum take out available Gold Sponsorship of $1750 for Beau with $1000 already in the bank for him and raise the additional $750 from contributions.

• Furthermore, we take out an additional silver sponsorship at a price of $500 for one of our available young players (listed below, which we choose and settle from a poll as we interested Hawks BF users have done, collectively, over the past three years.

Available youngsters -

Listed: Sam Grimley, Benjamin Stratton, Jordan Williams, Rhan Hooper, Jordan Lisle, Luke Lowden, Shane Savage

Rookies: Wayde Skipper, Jarrod Kayler-Thomson, Michael Johnston.

Do we proceed with that idea?

We need to act pronto as the club will need applications in asap.

Thoughts from those interested in being contributors?

SponsorshipPlaqueBigFooty2010BeauMu.jpg

I'm in Gary ............:thumbsu:

Gold Sponsorship of $1750 for Beau what does that include Gary prize wise for those who participate???

And the Rookie i would like to nominate for the
silver sponsorship at the price of $500 is (Jarrod Kayler-Thomson)

Count me in again:)

I like the idea of going for gold with Beau (let's hope his game goes gold too!).

Out of the available youngsters I would go for Shane Savage on potential. He looked the goods last year. If we want a rookie (as the others will get filled by other supporters) then I vote for Michael Johnston, to support the NSW scholarship program:thumbsu:

I'll be part of it, but we've already shown patience beyond compare with Beau, so my nomination would be to get around Jordan Lisle, he's in his second year now, played well in 09 for Box Hill, and his Father was a Box Hill Premiership player, I think it might be nice to maintain a link with Bokky personally. :cool:

Gary- as you know I'm a newcomer to Bigfooty. Could you please be so kind as to explain the player sponsorship system and how it works please?

I do not quite follow what "sponsoring" a player involves, after all they're being paid to play by the club right? Some further clarification for the benefit of myself and other newbies would be appreciated, thanks.

Hail the Chief for the badges. Great recognition.

Guys, ladies, I spy some good questions above ... just give me a little time to answer them, some of which will be answered when the sponsorship is launched after the poll to ascertain which youngster we go for silver.

So far everyone who has posted in this thread is in agreement, Gold for Beau and silver for one of the young-guns.

We will start the poll on Saturday and run it for 5 days, that being a short period because the club will need the applications for Beau and our other player by the middle of next week.

Thanks for your comments and interest ... keep them coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary - what do you expect the value of the contribution will be for the 2010 nominated players considering the proposed upgrade and the uptake of a new player. I didnt really take any notice of this last year and missed out so I dont know what the tip in value was

Gary - what do you expect the value of the contribution will be for the 2010 nominated players considering the proposed upgrade and the uptake of a new player. I didnt really take any notice of this last year and missed out so I dont know what the tip in value was

Thanks, hawkers5. You can buy as many units at $15 each for Beau or the eventual nominated youngster or have a $15 unit for both.

There will be chances to win some great prizes for each unit purchased conducted out at Waverley by Rusty.

I'll explain extensively upon the launch of the sponsorships in an appropriate thread op which I anticipate will be next Wednesday 27th or Thursday 28th.

will sponsoring again in 2010 enable me to have a full sized avatar like it did in 2008?
Gary will explain all, but I can say that the BFSCs will be handed out:

* $50 to $99 contribution = Gold BFSC

* $100+ = Platinum BFSC

Am happy to go with your suggestion Gary but is it then going to be a problem in 2011 when we may not have the same sort of funds left over and will this place added pressure on how much to contribute if we wish to maintain two sponsorships - would hate to see one miss out once we start sponsoring them. Are we better off having two silver sponsorships.

The rookie for me is Stratton

a) He is a much needed defender
b) He is from WA
But most importantly
c) He played for the Royals ;)

is it possible to have Big Max nominated as a potential sponsership player ? I think it would be heartwarming for him after all hes gone through to have such support from the supporters :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back