Competitions 2010 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Who will be the Most Improved Swan? - Seaby WRONG
2. How many Swans will receive Rising Star Nominations? - 3 WRONG
3. How many Swans will make their senior debut this year? - 4 Close
4. How many points will the Swans finish with in the H&A season? (remember it's 22 rounds, 4pts for a win, 2pts for a draw) - 52pts BINGO
5. Will the Swans's free kick differential after Round 22 be in (a) the positive (b) the negative (c) dead even - Negative BINGO
6. Will we beat Collingwood in any game this year (including finals if applicable)? - Unfortunately, No BINGO
7. Will we beat Adelaide in any game this year (including finals if applicable)? - Unfortunately, No WRONG
8. Who will be our leading goalkicker this year? - Bradshaw WRONG
9. How many Swans will be named in the All-Australian team? - 3 WRONG
10. Will the Reserves win the AFL Canberra competition? - Yes
11. How many goals will Barry Hall kick against the Swans in Round 8? (Predict zero if you think he won't play the game) - 2 WRONG
12. Which Swan will receive the highest number of votes in the Brownlow Medal count? - Adam Goodes BINGO
13. In no particular order, name the top 3 ranked players in the 2010 Best and Fairest? (1 point each) - ROK, B2 and Goodes

Tie-breaker: What will be the biggest Swans home crowd for the year (including finals if applicable) - 60,000 WRONG

Not a great effort on my behalf.

1. Who will be the Most Improved Swan? Shane Mumford
2. How many Swans will receive Rising Star Nominations? 2 (Jetta and Hanners)
3. How many Swans will make their senior debut this year? 4 (Jetta, Rohan, TDL, Currie)
4. How many points will the Swans finish with in the H&A season? 52 points (13 wins)
5. Will the Swans's free kick differential after Round 22 be in (a) the positive (b) the negative (c) dead even - Negative
6. Will we beat Collingwood in any game this year (including finals if applicable)? Yes, in Sydney
7. Will we beat Adelaide in any game this year (including finals if applicable)? Yes, in round 2
8. Who will be our leading goalkicker this year? Bradshaw
9. How many Swans will be named in the All-Australian team? 2 (Goodesy and ROK)
10. Will the Reserves win the AFL Canberra competition? Yes
11. How many goals will Barry Hall kick against the Swans in Round 8? 3
12. Which Swan will receive the highest number of votes in the Brownlow Medal count? Goodesy
13. In no particular order, name the top 3 ranked players in the 2010 Best and Fairest? Kirk, Goodesy, ROK (Mumford will poll very well too i feel but if there is any justive in the world Jude will finally place in the top 3 after years of not polling as well as he should have)

Tie-breaker: What will be the biggest Swans home crowd for the year 58263

1. Miss
2. Miss
3. Miss
4. Correct
5. Correct
6. Miss
7. Correct (I like how i tipped the Adelaide game and was specific on the round despite the fact we played them only once...)
8. Miss
9. Miss
10. Miss
11. Miss
12. Correct
13. Miss...ouch haha...good roughie pick on Mummy if I do say so myself though.

1. Who will be the Most Improved Swan?
Patrick Veszpremi
2. How many Swans will receive Rising Star Nominations?
3. How many Swans will make their senior debut this year?
4. How many points will the Swans finish with in the H&A season? (remember it's 22 rounds, 4pts for a win, 2pts for a draw)
5. Will the Swans's free kick differential after Round 22 be in (a) the positive (b) the negative (c) dead even
negative
6. Will we beat Collingwood in any game this year (including finals if applicable)?
Hell yes
7. Will we beat Adelaide in any game this year (including finals if applicable)?
Hell no
8. Who will be our leading goalkicker this year?
Jesse White
9. How many Swans will be named in the All-Australian team?
10. Will the Reserves win the AFL Canberra competition?
Yes
11. How many goals will Barry Hall kick against the Swans in Round 8? (Predict zero if you think he won't play the game)
12. Which Swan will receive the highest number of votes in the Brownlow Medal count?
Ryan O'Keefe
13. In no particular order, name the top 3 ranked players in the 2010 Best and Fairest? (1 point each)
ROK, Goodes, Kirk

So are we marking our own?

My predictions.

1. Who will be the Most Improved Swan?
Patrick Veszpremi - Errrrrrrrrrrrr.
2. How many Swans will receive Rising Star Nominations?
1 - Yay
3. How many Swans will make their senior debut this year?
5 - Yay
4. How many points will the Swans finish with in the H&A season? (remember it's 22 rounds, 4pts for a win, 2pts for a draw)
48 - Close
5. Will the Swans's free kick differential after Round 22 be in (a) the positive (b) the negative (c) dead even
negative - Yay
6. Will we beat Collingwood in any game this year (including finals if applicable)?
Hell yes - Hahahaha
7. Will we beat Adelaide in any game this year (including finals if applicable)?
Hell no - you idiot
8. Who will be our leading goalkicker this year?
Jesse White - yeah right
9. How many Swans will be named in the All-Australian team?
1 - Robbed!
10. Will the Reserves win the AFL Canberra competition?
Yes - I don't think we will ever again
11. How many goals will Barry Hall kick against the Swans in Round 8? (Predict zero if you think he won't play the game)
4 - Meh close
12. Which Swan will receive the highest number of votes in the Brownlow Medal count?
Ryan O'Keefe - Nope
13. In no particular order, name the top 3 ranked players in the 2010 Best and Fairest? (1 point each)
ROK, Goodes, Kirk - Bzzzzzzzzzzt. All young 'uns

49999 - Not sure what was the figure

1. Who will be the Most Improved Swan? Ed Barlow Oops
2. How many Swans will receive Rising Star Nominations? 1 Yess
3. How many Swans will make their senior debut this year? 5 Yess
4. How many points will the Swans finish with in the H&A season? (remember it's 22 rounds, 4pts for a win, 2pts for a draw) 48 Close
5. Will the Swans's free kick differential after Round 22 be in (a) the positive (b) the negative (c) dead even (b) Yess
6. Will we beat Collingwood in any game this year (including finals if applicable)? No Yess
7. Will we beat Adelaide in any game this year (including finals if applicable)? Yes Yess
8. Who will be our leading goalkicker this year? Goodes Yess
9. How many Swans will be named in the All-Australian team? 1 Nope
10. Will the Reserves win the AFL Canberra competition? No Yess
11. How many goals will Barry Hall kick against the Swans in Round 8? (Predict zero if you think he won't play the game) 3 Nope
12. Which Swan will receive the highest number of votes in the Brownlow Medal count? Goodes Yess
13. In no particular order, name the top 3 ranked players in the 2010 Best and Fairest? (1 point each) Goodes, Kirk, Mumford One point

Tie-breaker: What will be the biggest Swans home crowd for the year (including finals if applicable) 53,430 Nope

Question: How is 'most improved' going to be judged? That's very subjective.

9/15, not bad IMO.

I know it's a touch early, but are we doing this again in 2011?

Thought the questions were pretty good, maybe some more specific ones would reveal the more skilled amongst us.
By all means, please feel free to offer some suggestions and we can then collate the best ones for a final questionnaire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the B&F type of predictions should all be part of it. Ie. Best and Fairest, Best First Year player, highest goalkicker, Most Improved etc. Maybe except for Best Clubman, we can't really pick who's going to win that from outside the locker room (same with Player's Player, though Goodesy wins it every year).

Okay so far,

1. B&F (name the top 3)
2. Rising Star
3. Highest goalkicker
4. Most Improved

How about the numerical based ones "How many Swans will make their debut?", "How many will get RS nominations?" and "How many will make All-Australian?" Stick with them or change these to "Which Swans will make their debut?", "Which Swans will get a Rising Star nomination?" and "Which Swans will make All-Australian"?

I'd like to involve the new recruits somehow. How about "Will Andrejs Everitt or Patrick Veszpremi play more games in 2011?" and "Will Matt Spangher play a game in 2011?"

Does anyone else care about the reserves question?

I reckon the "Which" questions are better and more interesting than the "How many" questions. I reckon go with them.

The Everitt/Vez question is a good one, as is the Spangher question.

Thought of a few, what do you guys think of these...

"Who will play more games this year, Craig Bolton or Daniel Bradshaw?"

"Will any of Luke Parker, Jed Lamb, Alex Johnson, Max Otten, Ben Haren or Eugene Krueger play seniors this year? If so, which of them will?"

"Will Goodesy (sitting on 276 games at the start of 2011) reach 300 games this year (ie. will we make it to at least the 2nd week of the finals)?"

"Will Mark Seaby be dropped in favour of Mike Pyke this year (due to anything but injury)?"

"Who will play more seniors games this year, Sam Reid or Lewis Johnston?"

What about these...

"How many Swans will play in every game in 2011?"

"Which Swans players will kick 5 or more goals in a game in 2011?"

"Which Swans players will have 30 or more disposals in a game in 2011?"

"How many players will kick more than 10 goals in 2011?"

I think the first and last questions would be harder to use as "Which" questions, but what do you reckon?

is there enough questions for 2011 predictions yet? i've got some if not

Lewis Jetta goalkicking accuracy (a) Positive (b) Negative (c) Even
How many games will we lose at the SCG?
Who will kick the first goal for Sydney in 2011 (excluding NAB Cup)?
How many players will play complete seasons?
How many retirees at the end of the year?

Hmm I had forgotten all about this and I'm kinda snowed in with a few other things. If someone else wants to take this over that would be great, otherwise I'll have to find a spare 10 min some time this week to collate some of those suggestions.

I'll have a look at some of the questions from last year and the others we discussed a while ago and put together a list if you want. About to go out for a little while, will do it when I get back.

How many questions do you reckon is adequate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back