C P.O'Connor R.Angiolella A.Harbor
HF R.Willingham T.Cheshire S.Baker
F O.Stolz R.Borland K.Inthavong
Foll H.Topp M.Biggs M.Cook
I J.McGee, S.Buckley, M.Lee, L.Timms
IN: S.Buckley, M.Lee, M.Cook, P.Connor, M.Biggs
OUT: J.Clark, W.Pickering, A.Knorr, C.Dullard, T.Conn

Preveiw:
This week the boys from Old Fitzroy return home to the Brunswick Street Oval for their clash against AJAX.
Last week skill errors proved costly for the Roys with missed goals and turnovers resulting in them letting slip a game they could have won. These are things Fitzroy can turn around this week. With first week nerves out of the way and finally on their home ground for the first time this year Fitzroy will be confident of being able to shut down the fast running AJAX side. Predicted showers may also assist Fitzroy in slowing the game down on AJAX.
On top of all that, the great Kevin Murray will be down at the ground as the guest speaker at this years first Presidents Luncheon and if the great man can’t inspire you I don’t know who can.
My prediction is for a hard fought win to the Roys.

What is the name of number 49? Gee he was firey on the weekend. Looked like he wanted to knock everyone out. He is fairly ripped as well. Not as ripped as that number 6 though.

I see this morning that the results from the weekend have been posted on the Fitzroy website, including a nice little video about Fitzroy's tribute to the Anzacs.

Seniors
Fitzroy 9.6.60 lost to Old Geelong 20.9.129 by 69 points
Best (for Fitzroy):Chris Poliadoris, Pat O'Connor, James McGee, Sam Baker, Harry Topp, Tom Cheshire
One Percenter: Tom Cheshire
Goalkickers (for Fitzroy): 4 James McGee, 1 Rory Angiolella, Sam Baker, Sam Buckley, Tom Cheshire, Michael Lee

Reserves
Fitzroy 11.10.76 defeated Ajax 6.5.41 by 35 points
Best (for Fitzroy): Tom Peasnell, John Clark, Tom Parkinson, Innes MacPhail, Martin Cusack, Nat Quick
One Percenter: Innes MacPhail
Goalkickers (for Fitzroy): 4 Travis Conn; 2 James Harding, Ben O'Brien, 1 Tom Peasnell, Jason Wilkins

U/19 (1)
Fitzroy 14.5.89 lost to Werribee 19.8.122 by 33 points

U/19 (2)
Fitzroy 6.8.44 lost to Old Westbourne 10.12.72 by 28 points

Club XVIII
Fitzroy 5.11.41 defeated Nobs St Pats 5.8.38 by 3 points

What is the name of number 49? Gee he was firey on the weekend. Looked like he wanted to knock everyone out. He is fairly ripped as well. Not as ripped as that number 6 though.

Not sure who wears number 49, I'll get back to you on that.

I was good to see a bit of fire from the Roys, with a few good (but fair) hard hits. But unfortunately we couldn't hold onto the ball and AJAX made us pay everytime we turned the ball over or let in become contested when it should have been in our control. I don't think the scoreline really reflected the quality of our side as it was plain to see once the weather kicked up in the 4th that the game was gone and AJAX managed a few easy goals after the game was really over as a contest.

Hopefully the Roys will learn from the skillful show that the Jackers put on.

For me the highlight of the match would have to be the screamer taken at CHB in the 3rd. Did anyone happen to catch that on video?

^^^^

Yeah that was a great mark. It would have been captured, the whole game was. Im not 100% but i think the company who captured it was dartfish,they had a camera set up on the hill and i think the way it workes is you pay a subscription fee and u get to watch the game, or games from the weekend. Pay per view type stuff, i had a quick glance on the VAFA website but gave up, the search wasnt too user friendly for me, mayby someone else can have a glance for it....

cheers....

ps, was it just me or did that last quarter on the weekend seem to go forever?

Went to the game, my first Fitzroy game after 14 years. It was fantastic to hear the song and see the jumper again!

^^^^
Is that what that sound was, here i was heading towards the otherside of the bowls club looking for the canvas, I thought Ali and Liston had decided on a re match and i had missed the start of the first round..... :D

Only kidding Roylion...:)

Thought something had gone astray with the siren...

It probably wasnt, but it felt like the quarter went for around 40 min.....

It could have been the change in the weather though and i just wanted to get out of it, it did turn rather ugly late in the afternoon....

yeah i though the same when i first saw them last year...

its a good thing...

Will you be at round 4?

cheers
LD

Defiantly is a good thing. I won't be at the game in round 4 as I am also a big fan of Port Melbourne (went up to the Gold Coast for a game) and they are playing Sandingham on the same day. I think the next game I can get to is round 6.

Cheers,

Borough

Not sure who wears number 49, I'll get back to you on that.

I was good to see a bit of fire from the Roys, with a few good (but fair) hard hits. But unfortunately we couldn't hold onto the ball and AJAX made us pay everytime we turned the ball over or let in become contested when it should have been in our control. I don't think the scoreline really reflected the quality of our side as it was plain to see once the weather kicked up in the 4th that the game was gone and AJAX managed a few easy goals after the game was really over as a contest.

Hopefully the Roys will learn from the skillful show that the Jackers put on.

For me the highlight of the match would have to be the screamer taken at CHB in the 3rd. Did anyone happen to catch that on video?

Oli Stolz wears #49, and the great man, Chris Polidoras wears number 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back