HB C.Poliadoras J.O'Reilly J.Dimond
C T.Cheshire C.Dullard A.Harbor
HF H.Topp M.Lee P.O'Connor
F K.Inthavong R.Borland M.Biggs
Foll R.Willingham S.Baker R.Angiolella
I N.Quick, S.Buckley, M.Cook, L.Timms
IN: I.McPhaill, C.Dullard, N.Quick
OUT: J.Buncle, O.Stolz, J.McGee

Preview: Its Grand Final rematch time and time for Fitzroy to get revenge.
This will be an important match for boths teams as Fitzroy look to turn things around with their first win and Rupertswood look to improve on their 1-1 start.
The reality is that both sides will looks a fair bit different than the last time they met with player turnover from the squads of 2009. But last years head to head with Ruppo is still not good reading for the Roys; 3 games 0 wins.
Fitzroy showed some good fight in the first 3 quarters last week against a fast and skilled opponent. The boys will need to lift further this week to take home the points but I think they can do it.

Results:
Seniors
Fitzroy 10.13.73 lost to
Rupertswood 12.11.83 by 10 points
Best (for Fitzroy): R. Borland, J. Dimond, C. Dullard, P. O’Connor, H. Topp, C. Polidoras
Goalkickers (for Fitzroy):3 R. Borland; 2 M. Lee; 1 H. Topp, P. O’Connor, S. Baker, C. Dullard, M. Biggs.
Reserves
Fitzroy 23.12.150 defeated
Rupertswood 8.9.57 by 93 points
Best (for Fitzroy):J. Wilkins, A. Turner, T. Conn, D. Ryan, J. Cowan-Clark, O. Stoltz
Goalkickers (for Fitzroy): 4 O. Stoltz T. Conn J. Hughes; 3 J. Harding; 2 T. Kimpton, J. Cowan-Clar;k 1 A. Turner , T. Peasnell , F. Cameron , B. O'Brien
U/19 (1)
Fitzroy 28.23.191 defeated
Old Ivanhoe 5.5.35 by 156 points

U/19 (2)
Fitzroy 10.7.67 lost to
Aquinas 12.14.86 by 19 points
Club XVIII
Fitzroy 14.5.89 defeated
UHS-VU 8.12.60 by 29 points

Congratulations to Fraser Cameron (Scribe) on 300 games!:footy:

Disappointing, but not altogether surprising that there is no mention of Fraser Cameron's 300th game on the Fitzroy website this week. There seems to be a recurring theme of missing milestones like this in recent years by the club.

On a more positive note though, I'd like to wish Fraser, "The Blade", Scribe all the best for his big game on Saturday. 300 games is no mean feat, and although they haven't all been for the one club, hauling yourself out of bed and padding up 300 times should be widely congratulated.

Personally, Frase was the single biggest reason I hung around at the Reds when he turned up in 2007, as he came with an open mind and was willing to play guys regardless of age, or history. Anyone who has crossed his path at either Trinity or the Reds will agree that he will do anything for anyone, at anytime, and for that alone he deserves all the success this week in Sunbury.

Best of luck Frase, and have a blinder.

wow congrats scribe ... that's, umm, about 296 games more than me!

CtR - thank you very much for creating these threads. With me on the sidelines there was room for a new proliferator to step up :thumbsu: Love your work (yes. a thumbs-up is a form of punctuation).

Today, I took possession of a second-hand, desktop, PC. I have everything but the mouse, and have just set up mousekeys to help out ... fwoar its tedious. But I'm getting there. I hope to be able to dribble a bit into these threads, "going forward" (bingo!).

C'arn the Red Roys! Rupo are already a historical foe, and it would be a most exclamatory statement to beat them on their home turf.

Yay.

We were up most of the day, but never more than 3 goals or so. I think it was a 2 goal margin at 3qtr time. Very frustrating not being able to finish off the game, they got infront with about 5 minutes to play and held us off for the win.

Congratulations to Frase and the reserves, recording a massive 93 point win to celebrate game number 300.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back