2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

100% correct, look i understand both sides where the kid that was awarded the medal being shattered for it being taken off him but can also understand that the kid that has won the award been rightfully rewarded with it. Just a disgraceful way the situation has been handled as it should never have come to this.
[ WOW .... I'm gobsmacked. Speechless even.]

Knowing the family though they would be humbled and forgiving. Hope Aiden goes on to win many medals

Knowing the family though they would be humbled and forgiving. Hope Aiden goes on to win many medals
[Two fine qualities, rarely seen these days. See the paper ran a small piece, maybe would have been better to leave it alone.
TDLF I would suggest need to revisit their policies and procedures on the counting and ajudication of such awards, because they have broken down terribly! ]

Cat3 - that is good news and like you, I too hope Aiden continues with the sport. Sounds like he comes from good stock. However, you did ask the TFL to - "...revisit their policies and procedures on the counting and ajudication of such awards." I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the TFL does NOT have any policy or procedures... for anything! It is all done ad-hoc and on the feelings of a very few people.

After the first weeken of the finals 4 teams have been eliminated and 16 remain to fight for the premiership in the four grades of TDFL footy.
Fourths: Beechworth eliminated, this week minor premier Wahgunyah take on Tallangatta on Saturday for a spot in the GF. Wahgunyah will be too strong. Elimination Final winner Rutherglen takes on Yackandandah in the 1st Semi, Yack to win that one.
Thirds: Saturday sees Rutherglen take on Tallangatta & I think Tallangatta will get over the line. Last Sunday saw Thurgoona complete a bad weekend for Yack by eliminating them and the Dogs take on Kiewa who lost the Qualifying Final to Tallangatta and I can see Kiewa bouncing back to win.
Reserves: Top team Wahgunyah come off a week's rest to take on Yackandandah for a spot in the big one after Yack sent Barny packing in the Qual, the week off usually does the world of good to Ressies footballers so I'll tip the Lions to advance. On Sunday Rutherglen after eliminating Mitta take on Barny in a sudden death 1st Semi and I suggest Barny will turn the tables on Rutherglen from their Round 16 defeat.
Seniors: Saturday sees minor premiers Beechworth take on Thurgoona who are fresh from putting Yack in danger of a straight sets exit and given the Bushrangers comfortable victory in Round 14 you would expect them to repeat the dose. Sunday sees Rutherglen in just OK form after dispatching Kiewa taking on Yack with a few injury concerns and I have to tip the Cats in that one.
Any club B&F's been done yet I have only read McNeil won Barny's in the paper ?

After the first weeken of the finals 4 teams have been eliminated and 16 remain to fight for the premiership in the four grades of TDFL footy.
Fourths: Beechworth eliminated, this week minor premier Wahgunyah take on Tallangatta on Saturday for a spot in the GF. Wahgunyah will be too strong. Elimination Final winner Rutherglen takes on Yackandandah in the 1st Semi, Yack to win that one.
Thirds: Saturday sees Rutherglen take on Tallangatta & I think Tallangatta will get over the line. Last Sunday saw Thurgoona complete a bad weekend for Yack by eliminating them and the Dogs take on Kiewa who lost the Qualifying Final to Tallangatta and I can see Kiewa bouncing back to win.
Reserves: Top team Wahgunyah come off a week's rest to take on Yackandandah for a spot in the big one after Yack sent Barny packing in the Qual, the week off usually does the world of good to Ressies footballers so I'll tip the Lions to advance. On Sunday Rutherglen after eliminating Mitta take on Barny in a sudden death 1st Semi and I suggest Barny will turn the tables on Rutherglen from their Round 16 defeat.
Seniors: Saturday sees minor premiers Beechworth take on Thurgoona who are fresh from putting Yack in danger of a straight sets exit and given the Bushrangers comfortable victory in Round 14 you would expect them to repeat the dose. Sunday sees Rutherglen in just OK form after dispatching Kiewa taking on Yack with a few injury concerns and I have to tip the Cats in that one.
Any club B&F's been done yet I have only read McNeil won Barny's in the paper ?

TIPS

UNDER 14s
2nd Semi: Wahgunyah
1st Semi: Rutherglen

UNDER 17s
2SF: Rutherglen
1SF: KSC

RESERVES
2SF: Wahgunyah (should be a great game. Lions just - with the week off and if injury concerns to Yack seniors are as bas as has been mentioned)
1SF: Rutherglen

SENIORS
2SF: Beechworth (but will be closer than some people think)
1SF: Rutherglen

Just been through all your posts goose.Of all the bullshit you have written on here-this just about tops it.Continually you put stuff on here that just isn't true.To post something with absolutely no truth yet again doesn't even deserve to be responded to but you are a serial liar.Go back to your rented home;your unskilled labouring job and your defacto girlfriend that you would have had shared a slab of Jim Beam with last night whilst the kids were running amok and leave the real footy stuff to the others on this site.LOOSER

gee sorry switch the play, the simple fact is i was out barnawartha the other day and thats what i was told, silly me to put it on here to see if it had any merit ( i did think this was a gossip site ) what was i thinking. As all your comments are 100% true i do apologize.

Sadly, its officially "mothballs" for the adult football teams for 2010 at catland and I have now returned to relative normality following a couple of nights of commiserating, wound licking and partaking in the social activities that come with the end of a football season. Good luck to both our junior teams who will be flying the flag in this saturdays preliminary finals.

It was an extremely disappointing (and embarrassing) way to bow out on sunday afternoon. But sometimes all you can do is acknowledge the superiority of the opposition on the day. Full credit must go to Yackandandah who put a 3 week for slump well and truly behind them with what can only be described as an emphatic display and a convincing return to form. The roos sent a reminder not only to us but to the rest of the TDFL as to why they spent most of the domestic season in top spot.

Congratulations also to Beechworth on qualifying for their 2nd successive grand final. The bushies have been undoubtably the form team of the past 3 months. The return to form of yack and the reasonable recent form of Thurgoona (despite conceeding some late goals in the 2nd semi) have set up an intriguing final 2 weekends of season 2010.

I didnt too particualry well with the tips on semi final weekend but i'll see how I go for this week's preliminary finals

U14s: Rutherglen
U17s: Rutherglen to earn a rematch with the Hoppers in what I thought was an extremely high standard game of Under 17s football (the 2nd semi)
RESERVES: Wahgunyah to hold off a rejuvenated Barny
SENIORS: Yack in a close one to turn the tables on their Qualifying final loss to the dogs.

Seriously, is there any way Beechworth can lose it from here?

Of course there is, whoever their opponent turns out to be could kick a higher score than they do in the Grand Final :D:D:D

But your point is well made. They have a very good football side, are in form and have lingering motivation from 2009. It will take a very good effort to beat them. They would undoubtably be favorites and would be very deserving winners if they do get up. Having said that, every game starts with the scores level and anything can happen on the day.

My concern for them was their lack of depth in the event of a few injuries. But now that they have qualified there is no chance of any injuries (barring a freak accdent in life or a training mishap)

Good luck to all the Thurgoona boys tomorrow as they try to reach their first ever Grand Final. To think 5 years ago the club was a basket case who was reguarly been beaten by 30+ goals. Now a genuine heavy weight of the comp kudos to all involved. Hope no one drowns up there tomorrow/:p

Good luck to all teams competing in this weekends Grand Finals. In particular Rutherglen's Under 17s and Under 14s

My Tips

Under 14s: Rutherglen 3 points
Under 17s: Rutherglen 9 points
Reserves: Wahgunyah 14 points
Seniors: Beechworth

Expect a much closer game than the Round 18 encounter between the 2 teams. Yack were in the middle of a form slump at that stage and now appear to have come out the other side. However, Beechworth appear to be on a mission. Having a lead up consisting of a week off, 2nd semi, and another week off is not always an ideal preparation. However, In this instance there is no doubt that last weeks torrential rain struggle with Thurgoona will take something out of the roos. An in-form and highly motivated bushhranger outfit to win their first flag since the 2001 (when they were ironically wearing the bombers colours in the Ovens & King)

BEECHWORTH BY 23 POINTS

Good luck to all teams competing in this weekends Grand Finals. In particular Rutherglen's Under 17s and Under 14s

My Tips

Under 14s: Rutherglen 3 points
Under 17s: Rutherglen 9 points
Reserves: Wahgunyah 14 points
Seniors: Beechworth

Expect a much closer game than the Round 18 encounter between the 2 teams. Yack were in the middle of a form slump at that stage and now appear to have come out the other side. However, Beechworth appear to be on a mission. Having a lead up consisting of a week off, 2nd semi, and another week off is not always an ideal preparation. However, In this instance there is no doubt that last weeks torrential rain struggle with Thurgoona will take something out of the roos. An in-form and highly motivated bushhranger outfit to win their first flag since the 2001 (when they were ironically wearing the bombers colours in the Ovens & King)

BEECHWORTH BY 23 POINTS

Will either team score 23 points in the Sandy Creek pool ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see there is only one team from up the valley playing tomorrow Tall 3rds .
May be time for a change of name for the league.
Tips for tomorrow
Beechworth 9pts
Wahgunyah 6pts
Tallangatta 3pts
Rutherglean 13pt
Good luck to all tomorrow and lets hope the sun will shine on the swamp

How ironic is it that there is more talk on this thread during the off season and what club is recruting whom, and then when the grand final is played not one comment? Knowing my searching skills, there is probably another thread on here somewhere.

If i was a rutherglen supporter/player i would be imbarrassed to have a coach start talking about silverware and other clubs trying to poach players, its a bit childish for this this time of year, he knows how to get people against him, what a dick.

Lachie Hutchins is favoured to coach Thurgoona, with a few to come with him. confirm or deny Run Straight

i hear Liam Clayton is coaching Yack, although they are losing many names mentioned ( Lillis (mitta), Llewington, Margery, Clancy (melbourne).
Does this now complete the coaching puzzle in the TDFL.

I hear Mitta is recruiting well. players said to be heading there, Lillis (yack), Barlee (jindera) a few out of Raiders.

i hear Liam Clayton is coaching Yack, although they are losing many names mentioned ( Lillis (mitta), Llewington, Margery, Clancy (melbourne).
Does this now complete the coaching puzzle in the TDFL.

I hear Mitta is recruiting well. players said to be heading there, Lillis (yack), Barlee (jindera) a few out of Raiders.

Can't believe Lillis has gone to Mitta, ditching Yack after coaching them to a grand final and being paid big bucks for the past 2 years. Hear loyalty to all is not in his vocabularly.

Can't believe Lillis has gone to Mitta, ditching Yack after coaching them to a grand final and being paid big bucks for the past 2 years. Hear loyalty to all is not in his vocabularly.

Robbie my boy, I will give you benefit of the doubt, because you probably dont even know Lillis, or the reason & circumstances behind the switch. & if you do know him ask him why...

On another note, I see Cam McNeil has signed with Rand Walbundrie..Big loss..

Robbie my boy, I will give you benefit of the doubt, because you probably dont even know Lillis, or the reason & circumstances behind the switch. & if you do know him ask him why...

On another note, I see Cam McNeil has signed with Rand Walbundrie..Big loss..

Whether I know him or not can not belive you can coach a club to a gradn final then go straight to another club in the same league and play against them. Whether the club did wrong by him does not mean the players and supporters did. Also loyalty goes beyond the footy field!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back