2010 - The Monday Wrap Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Monday Wrap (round 5)

Score: 2290

Overall ranking: 5,757th (8,787th last week)

Heroes: Ablett, Sandi, Mal, Barlow, Pendles, Trengove

Villains: Hunt, Swan, Seaby, Brown (injured), Brennan, Medhurst, Rockliff

League Status:
Won 2 lost 1

Injury concerns: JB? He should play though.

Trades: None this week

Vent: Upgraded Martin too early. I thought he would struggle against Freo so took the chance to get Swan. Well then Martin went and scored 100 and Swan 78, not to mention all the cash I will have lost from doing it so early. Oh well, I thought it was a smart idea but it backfired. I also brought in Brennan this week for Rooey (yes, I kept him as part of a plan) and he was hopeless. That's SC I guess.

Kudos: The perma-captain Ablett, what a gun. Obviously everyone has him, but still a legend.

Thoughts: After ****ing up recent trades, I think I'll just stop trading and let it settle for a few weeks. Have gone form 17k to 9k to 6k in the last few weeks so at least I am moving up in what has been a hopeless start to my year.

*Added a new category for bankroll

Score: 2269

Overall ranking:
TBA

Heroes:
Ablett, Malceski, Barlow, Trengove, Sandilands

Villains:
Brown, Dangerfield, Medhurst, Hille

League Status:
2-0

Bankroll:
$323,100

Injury concerns:
Brown, Gram

Trades:
Nil. Will upgrade a rookie mid to Judd, but probably not for a few weeks

Vent:
Can't complain about much this week. Wouldn't have Dangerfield in my side in hindsight, but not to worry.

Kudos:
Martin and Moles for solid scores and Lobbe for his debut!

Thoughts: Never doubt Ablett

Score: 2101.... And considering some of my spudly players, pretty happy with that.

Overall ranking: NFI but looking at the other scores.. probably improved slightly

Heroes: GAJ, Buddy, Eski, Hodge in a losing team, Barlow (Now officially a keeper), Trengove, Martin, Harvey, Boomer, Maguire.

Villains: Where to start??? NDS, Murphy, Rioli, Hunt, Silvagni, Peterson.

League Status: Won 2, lost 1.

Injury concerns: Boyd, Gram....

Trades: Hunt is gone.... Ball >>>> Judd. Ball has been going OK overall but below expectations. An OCCASIONAL 100 is not good enough.

Vent: How the **** did Rioli and Murphy score so badly?? Seriously. Rioli might have had some s**t disposal but he was heavily involved and generally, doing good things. 38 for Murphy after 20 touches and 2 goals?? **** you champion data... That's just ridiculous.

Cash: $235k

Kudos: Franklin & Clark showing what they're capable of. Gumby... Keep those 70's coming son.

Thoughts: Fwd line killing me. ROK will be in shortly to sort that out. Judd into the mids will add a few points and time to start identifying some new cows.

Score: 2246

Overall ranking:

Heroes:
Ablett, Barlow, Pendles, Maleski, Hodge, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Gia, Pav

Villains:
Medhurst, Rockcliff, Nicnat, JB, Hunt, Mitchell.

League Status:
2, 2, 13 (div 2)

Injury concerns:
Mitchell and JB

Trades:
Hunt>Davis and Medhurst>ROK

Score: 2230

Overall ranking:
7608 (meh)

Heroes:
Malceski, Waters, Kennelly, Ablett, O'Keefe, Martin, Sandilands, Pavlich, Hall

Villains:
Browny, Dal Santo, Hille, Medhurst, Rioli, Ladson to an extent

League Status:
Won all three league games, so I'm alright.

2nd in mates, 2nd in public, 7th in BF Div 16

Injury concerns:
Shuey still, Johnathon Brown is also a worrying one

Trades:
In the perfect world, none. Aiming for none this week, none are necessary.

Vent:
Medhurst ya hack. Started the week well too

Kudos:
Pods for scraping me over the line in a league. Good stuff, if only you bloody kicked it straight.

Thoughts: We'll improve... eventually.

Score: 2172

Overall ranking: Around 3700 (Down from 2400)

Heroes: Ablett (c), Sandilands, Mal, Pac, ROK, Murphy, Hodge, Goddard... anyone around 100 +

Villains: Brown (39), Masten (48), Rioli (35), Dangerfield (51)

League Status: 2 - 0

Injury concerns: Brown?

Trades: Not sure. Won't consider anything until late in the week. My forward line has issues. And Masten is destroying my midfield. I would be better off playing one of my bench rookies!

Vent: Masten. Deja Vu.

Kudos: As per heroes.

Thoughts: This game is an obsession.

Score: 2266

Overall ranking: 40th

Heroes: Ablett, Pendles, Sandi, Barlow, Pavlich, Gilbee

Villains: Dal, Hunt, Brown, Dangerfield, Enright

League Status: 1st

Injury concerns: Brown

Trades: probably none

Thoughts: couple of weak links starting to appear. hunt, danger and ziebell arent pulling out good scores and need to go. pods and martin will also need to be upgraded before the mid way mark. a big month of trades coming up.

Score: 2279

Overall ranking: 7655 (-3443) Heading in the right direction after a hicup last week.

Heroes: Ablett, Mal, Hodge, Waters, Barlow, Sandi, Lids, Gia, ROK, Buddy

Villains: Brown, Hille, Murphy, Rockliff, Boak, Enright, Hunt

League Status: Don't want to talk about it. :eek:

Injury concerns: Gram, Brown

Trades: Not sure yet. Want to hold onto them.

Cash: $136,000

Vent: Murphy killing me with scores of 18 & 39. He is much better than that. Forwards need to find some form, looking at you Zeebs & Bobby.
Cash league is frustrating me. Actually scored 3rd highest score of the round but came up againist the highest guy.:rolleyes:

Kudos: My backline has been super all year. Hats off to you all. :thumbsu:

Thoughts: Just frustrated with myself at trading Hall out after 2 rounds. Happy with this weeks scores considering the output of my villians. Need to scrap a few league wins together.

Score: 2176

Overall ranking: 1121st (down from 551st)

Heroes: Ablett (my saviour), Chapman, Sandilands, Malceski, Barlow,

Villains: where to start, Seaby, Brennan, J.Brown, Peterson, Swan

League Status: 1st in 2, 2nd in 1

Injury concerns: Browny

Trades: Not too sure as yet.

Vent: Peterson outscored by gumby (on my bench) 2 weeks in a row.

Kudos: Gaz, Waters, higgins (so consistant)

Thoughts: so many below par scores throughout my team this week. Shaw, Watson, Enright, Brennan, Hooker, Seaby, Swan and Peterson. looking at that though, hope this was just a bad week for me.

Score: 2344

Overall ranking: 1005 (Up 983)

Heroes: The usual. And Eddie Betts.

Villains: Hunt, Murphy, Brown, Walker (injured :()

League Status: Good in all three.

Injury concerns: Walker.

Trades: Walker to Judd. I had planned on doing this anyway.

Cash: $301,500

Vent: Hunt and Murphy

Kudos: The Heroes

Thoughts: Walker to Judd and Hunt to a new cash cow and put Silvagni or Davis on the field. I'll wait for team lists.

Score: 2159

Overall ranking:
10,697 (down 1.7k this week)

Heroes:
Ablett, Barlow, Sandi

Villains:
J. Brown, Medhurst, Seaby, Bastinac, Hunt

League Status:
1 win, 2 losses this week. Doing ok in all though.

Injury concerns:
JBrown, Gram, Shuey, and Pods' hip is a slight concern.

Trades:
Dunno. Maybe Medhurst to Goodes or Bastinac/Ball to Pendles/Selwood.

Vent:
I knew Seaby would be a dud, and he is a dud. I am a dud. This week was the first time i put Jack Trengove on the bench and Bastinac on the field. Trengove pulls a 129 and Basti a 28.

Kudos:
The three Freo players I (and many) people picked have been nice and reliable scorers so far - Sandi, Barlow, Pav. Happy with Hall lately. Trengove and Martin were good this week too.

Thoughts: Still unsure on what to do with Ball. I'd really like to not spend a trade on him, but he is looking pretty bad so i might have to. I'd like to get rid of Medhurst, Seaby, Ladson and Hunt sometime soon too. They were all cheap enough, but they're costing me points and not making much money atm.

Score: 2285

Overall ranking:
811, 15th in Tassie:D

Heroes:
Gablett never lets you down:thumbsu: Malceski, Barlow

Villains:
Murphy, Medders, Ball

League Status:
Domination St.

Injury concerns:
Shuey

Trades:
still holding out, I hope:rolleyes:

Vent:
Is Ball ever going to come good?

Kudos:
Malceski having an awesome year so far (touch wood)

Thoughts: Back in the top 1000, which I'm happy about. Could have been so much better if I had Trengove instead of Bastinac on the ground. 101pts pissed away:eek:

Score: 2,343

Overall ranking: 2,695

Heroes: Ballantyne, Malceski, Hall, Franklin.

Villains: Dal Santo, Cross, Enright.

League Status: 8th, 1-1

Injury concerns: None.

Trades: Boak to Swan perhaps.

Vent: SC trimming a few points off players, 2350 to 2343 (my opponent had 2349)

Kudos: My Forward line. All of them apart from Pods scored 100+

Thoughts: Doing really well this year, normally i struggle, but decided to put a bit more effort into researching players and it's paid off a fair bit personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Score: 2,228

Overall ranking: 7,608

Heroes: Barlow, Martin, GAJ, Hodge

Villains: Medhurst, Rioli. Grrr please guys string a few good games together, please.

League Status: 2nd in one, 3rd in the other. both by percentage.

Injury concerns: None that I know of.

Trades: Holding off for now, only got 15 left and it will take some careful planning to get my team just right.

Vent: Traded Giansiracusa for Rioli, Gia does somewhere in the 130's and Rioli gets 35. How embarrasment!

Kudos: Barlow, Martin and Goose Maguire. Solid efforts every week thus far. Also Malceski, wowsers what a good buy he was.

Thoughts: Everything pretty good so far. At least two of T. Walker, B. Warren, Medhurst and Rioli really need to get their prices going north so I can offload them and solidify my forwardline. Don't wanna have to downgrade Pods and Rockliff, would prefer to keep them as good forward backups for a fair while yet.

Score: 2304

Overall ranking:

Heroes:
All over 100 : Goddard, Malcevski, Waters, Chaplin, Ablett (c), Barlow, Sandi, Chapman , Rok, didak, Hall J selwood, Cross, McGuire in the 90's)

Villains:
J Brown, H shaw, Swan, Silvagni, nicnat, Rockliffe, Pods

League Status:
Undefeated in all 3

Injury concerns:
Zero

Trades:
How to get Judd, Pav and Hodge in? I hate swapping like for like, but maybe Selwood for Judd? To get hodge, need to trade out hunt for a rookie and then take Hodge. Not sure how to get Pav in yet

Vent:
J brown only premium to really screw up. Other fails were rookies. Shaw and Swan are better than what happened this week

Kudos:
Chaplin. The gift that keeps on giving.

Thoughts: maybe get rid of nic nat also?

Score: 1,965

Overall ranking: 25,195 - Weekly change -13,567

Heroes: This will be brief. Barlow, Gia

Villains: Enright, Shaw, Dal Santo, Ball, Brown and to a lesser extent Naitanui, Seaby, Bastinac and Rockliff.

League Status: 10th

Injury concerns: Brown, Mitchell and Bail? Not sure why he missed?

Trades: Probably Ball to Judd and Brown to Didak. Burning through them at the moment unfortunately.

Cash: $264,900

Vent: Not going to bother

Kudos: Barlow. Showing up everyone in my midfield.

Thoughts: After a promising start on Friday night, (Gia top scored and he was the only player I had), things went downhill very quickly from there.

Had Pav as my Captain because I thought he would tear Richmond apart. Instead he decides to have a pretty indifferent night by his standards.

Brown is not looking too good. I have a feeling this injury is going to drag on a bit.

Turned out to be one of my worst weeks in Supercoach. :thumbsdown:

Score: 2296

Overall ranking:
661, up 215 spots

Heroes:
Malceski, Hodge, Drummond, Waters, Gaz, Pendlebury, Barlow, Martin, Sandi, Pav, Hall, O'Keefe

Meh : Goddard, Enright, Podsa, Higgins

Villains:
Hunt, Bastinac, Hille, Brown, Hille

League Status:
won all 3, top of 2

Injury concerns:
J Brown will be monitored.. Hopefully only out for minimum weeks

Trades:
Ideally none, but could do Hunt > Davis and Masten > any mid under 642 aka Juddy:D

Cash:

Vent:
Hunt, beaten comprehensively, Brown, shouldn't of played, Hille, focus on the footy mate, Bastinac, 28 is useless to me! The one time I start you over Masten! Dangerfield.. what's the go buddy?

Kudos:
Freo's stars doing it again. Malceski again staring. Pendlebury back to his best, Gaz just proving you shouldn't bother captaining anyone else.

Thoughts: Happyto move up the rankings and get back to 2300's after 2 poor weeks. Looks like it might it be time to move Hunt on for Davis and then be able to tidy up the midfield a bit or move Dangerfield, or move Hille lol. Looks like Barlow, Malceski and Waters are tempting to become keepers. Buggering off Medhurst for Higgins is paying off after 2 rounds.

Score: 2290

Overall ranking:
10778 :eek:

Heroes:
Goddard, Ablett, Didak, Sandilands, Pavlich, Barlow, Gilbee, Hall, Waters, Trengove, Hodge and Franklin.

Villains: Rockliff, Hunt, Enright, Bastinac, Hille.

League Status: Undefeated in both.

Injury concerns:
Kerr, Brown?

Trades: Might go Kerr>Pendlebury this week.

Vent: Myself for starting Bastinac over Martin. Oh well.

Kudos: Sydney Swans!!

Thoughts: Ablett is just a jet. Enough said.

Score: 2007

Overall ranking:
16,427 down 9k spots lol

Heroes:
Gazza, Judd, Barlow, Pav

Villains: Enright, Dal Santo, Gray, Bastinac, Hille, Brown, Hurley, Rockliff, Dangerfield.

League Status:
won 2 lost 1.

Injury concerns:
J Brown :confused:

Trades:
None

Cash:

Vent:
Gray will hopefully move to midfield soon from what I saw he is still a small forward scoring TERRIBLY :mad: Hurley worst trade I made this season 400K spent on spudness benched for Pods this week. Dal Santo 65 :confused: Basintac back to the bench for Martin.

Kudos:
Gazza for putting up a massive a score and getting me over 2000, Barlow back scoring nicely new recruit Judd :thumbsu:

Score: 2041

Overall ranking: 42,867

Heroes: Hodge, Gilbee, Waters, Kennelly, Barlow, Trengove, Martin, Pavlich, Betts.

Villains: Where to start? Hunt disappointing, hoping for better from Selwood, Plus majority of forwards: Brown, Medhurst, Dangerfield, Rockliff.

League Status: 1-1

Injury concerns: Mitchell, Brown

Trades: Few options. Thinking Hunt down to Davis, Martin up to Judd. Then next week Dangerfield to Goodes. Or do the math to bring Ablett in to my side this week, otherwise will have to wait til the 173 stops impacting his price rise.

Cash: 256,600

Vent: Why oh WHY did I not get Ablett in at the start.

Kudos: Midfield rookies. Barlow, Martin, Trengove, and JKT. Also, Tippet for slightly improving.

Thoughts: I'm in my first season of SC, so still learning. Backline have been great all season. Forwards thoroughly disappointing. I miss Roo.

Score: 2212

Overall ranking:
17,429 (up 2867 spots)

Heroes:
Ablett, Hodge, Waters, Barlow, Trengove, Martin, Sandilands, Goodes, Hall

Villains:
Too friggin many ... Goodwin, Dal Santo, Hunt, Bastinac (28 jesus), Brown, Gray

League Status:
1-1, 1-1, 0-2

Injury concerns:
Shuey, Brown?

Trades:
Have $350K to spend and I'm looking straight at Judd!

Vent:
Goodwin 2 scores of 60 in a row!!!, Robbie Gray keeps disappearing in the second half

Kudos:
Rookies - Barlow, Trengove and Martin. Mitch Clark with 96 after I kept the faith.

Thoughts: Ranked too low but at least I am climbing slowly. My starting team was flawed and there's nothing I can do about it now I can only trade as smartly as possible from here.

Score: 2197

Overall Ranking: 799

Heroes: Ablett, Barlow, Chappy, Sandilands, Malceski

Villains: Vince, Hille, Danger, Brown, me for not picking Martin over Bastinac, Dal Santo

League: 1-1 (bloke I played now ranked 114 ffs)

Injury concerns: Brown + hopefully nobody

Trades: Need Sylvia. And Judd. And Pav

Cash: 100,200

Vent: Vince continually racks up the pill why can't he score better? Blaming Adelaides mediocrity.

Kudos: Courtney Dempsey to somehow score 93 amongst the Essendon rabble. In fact the backline is really solid, if someone has a downer the others pick up the slack, top effort guys.

Thoughts: Why does Heath Grundy keep slipping under the radar? Need to pick him up as well.

Kudos: Courtney Dempsey to somehow score 93 amongst the Essendon rabble. In fact the backline is really solid, if someone has a downer the others pick up the slack, top effort guys.

Thoughts: Why does Heath Grundy keep slipping under the radar? Need to pick him up as well.

Would have chosen Dempsey, but there was too much value further down in price to pick him. He's had nice scores though.

Grundy has exceded everyones expectations so far this season to be fair. I had a look and couldn't see him avg more than 80-85 (i did think he'd improve, but not by this much), but he has been brilliant on field and SC scoring wise this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back