2010 - The Monday Wrap Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Monday Wrap (round 5)

Score: 2416 - 688th

Overall ranking: 2452

Heroes: 14 players over 100 most from the usual suspects but shout outs to Barlow, Martin, Trengrove, Malsexi and Kennelly

Villains: Robbie Gray heh.... didnt want to trade him and this is how he repays my faith? Few rookies who put out rookie scores so no real offence taken, the midfielders picked up the slack for them. Oh, how can i forget Mr D. Swan, i barely saw him all day, he was lucky to get 78. Just because you have a tag doesnt mean you cant go near the ball.

League Status: BF Div 15 Win, 2-0

Injury concerns: Have no midfield coverage with Shuey and Banner out with minor injuries.

Trades: A week or two early but one of the mid rookies to be upgraded to a premium with the cash i got from downgrading Dangerfield as well as to provide some coverge. Might go to the markets to look for another calf.
Vent: Even with a short week i find 4 days too long to wait for the next game.
Kudos: My premiums..... GAJ, Sandi and Montagna for going above the call of duty as well as my Martin, Trengrove and Barlow for making my decision on which mid rookie to upgrade a debacle.
Thoughts: Taking into account B/E's this week is going to hurt my head. I've been in Vietnam 7 weeks and can count the days i havent had a beer on Daniel Chicks hand.

Score: 2,171
Overall ranking: 1,663:thumbsdown: (the fun ride is over)
Heroes: Judd
Villains: Too Many
League Status: Drew in brother's SC and mate's DT league,
Injury concerns: Brown?
Trades: Depending on Brown's situation..may bring in Franklin
Vent: No more, was venting at Ablett score, but I'm over it now
Kudos: Judd
Thoughts: What are the chances of drawing in SC and DT in the same week

Score: 2241.

Overall ranking: 1511.

Heroes: Ablett, Barlow, Sandilands, Malceski.

Villains: Quite a few.

League Status: 6th, 3rd, 3rd.

Injury concerns: Maybe Brown.

Trades: Probably will do Bastinac > Judd.

Vent: Cant think of too much to vent about.

Kudos: Ablett and Judd (even though i dont have him, makes him worth getting this week)

Thoughts: Why does Gumbleton score alot better when i have him on the bench, but when he's on the field he does terrible.

Score: 2200

Overall ranking:
7011 (down 287)

Heroes:
Apart from the usual Waters, Martin and BBBH.

Villains:
Hille's efficiency or lack of and Pods goalkicking.

League Status:
Undefeated in home league and struggling in BF7 and TS50.

Injury concerns:
Brown?

Trades:
I've got 500k in the kitty so needless to say i've got a million trades i wanna do but obviously can only do 2 :eek:

Kudos:
Gumby with his 70 may actually make some money.

Thoughts: No Sandi and having Hille is becoming a very costly problem. Apart from that plenty of premiums to choose from over the next few weeks. Is big Cox back.. and more importantly fit?

Score: 2319

Overall ranking: 3357 (up 2475)

Heroes: Gaz, Barlow, Pendles, Trengove, Martin, Waters, Malceski, Hodge, Sandi, Chappy, ROK, Pav

Villains: Goodwin, Hunt, Seaby, JB, Rockliff

League Status: 1-1, 1-1, 2-0. Ranked 1st, 3rd, 1st in overall points

Injury concerns: Brown

Trades: 14 left so sit tight. Will be looking to bring in Cox soon. Trengove and Martin to be upgraded in about 4 weeks time

Kudos: To my heroes

Thoughts: Not much to complain about. Still averaging over 2200. Lost a couple of league matches in week 1 but it was a poor week and I bounced back well

Score: 2350.

Overall ranking: 169.

Heroes: Ablett, Barlow, Sandilands, Malceski, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Hodge, Trengove.

Villains: Medhurst, Hunt and Brown.

League Status: 1st, 4th, 3rd.

Injury concerns:Brown.

Trades: Bastinac for JKT then Hunt for Drummond/Shaw or Peterson for Davis (ADE) then Medhurst for Didak/Goodes

Vent: Not much to vent about really.

Kudos:
Seaby to Cox trade already paying off. Hall for his big game.

Thoughts:
I really hope Brown isnt out for too long.

Re: The Monday Wrap (Round 5)

Score: 2394

Overall ranking: 3341.

Heroes: Just the usual but Martin and Trengove especially good this week.

Villains: Rockliff, Pods goal kicking, Hunt.

League Status: 2-0.

Injury concerns: Brown? Shuey?

Trades: Probably none this week.

Vent: Putting Rockliff (42) on the field over Ballantyne(117).

Kudos: Gia for finally doing something.

Thoughts: Team looking good, just gotta sit tight and ride the wave each week and not throw away trades unless I get a LTI.

Score: 2222

Overall ranking: 7,464. Slowly working my way up the list after missing out the first two huge weeks.

Heroes: Myself for leaving Bastinac, Silvagni and Peterson on the bench in favour of Martin, McGuire and Pods.

Villains: Del Santo - bleh. Paid good money for you for a reason. J McDonald - hoped you'd bring the 100s playing for Melbourne, but the 60s-80s are depressing. Vince - same goes for you.

League Status: 3-0.

Trades: Hille out, Cox in. Still deciding whether I want to cash someone in for Davis.

Vent: Medhurst, Ladson and Hunt. All midpricers about the top of the range (assuming Medhurst doesn't fire in the next week or two) but only two trades a week to move them on.

Thoughts: Time to start looking for upgrades. I wonder who's going to be dropping in price over the next few weeks, might need to plan out some targets.

Score: 2232

Overall Ranking: 10,111

Heroes: My entire backline (except for enright), GAJ!, Barlow, Trengove, Martin, ROK, GIA! (finally), Hall

Villians: Brown, Ball, Melksham, NicNat, Medhurst

League Status: 2-0 in all 3 leagues

Injury Concerns: Brown, Gia, Shuey

Trades: possibly Medhurst and Peterson -> Goodes and Buddy

Vent: Luke Ball is overrated but i have to stick with him for now :(

Kudos: Trengove and Martin for cracking their ton cherries, Gia for repaying the faith

Thoughts: injuries are starting to creep in last weeks banner -> melksham trade was probably a waste but at least i'll get some coin for it in the long run (banner is done for a while i think)

Score: 1917

Overall ranking: 76,306

Heroes: Malceski, Barlow, Russell, Franklin, Hodge, Waters

Villains: Dal Santo, Goodwin, Medhurst, Ball, Gray, Bastinac

League Status: 1-1 9th.

Trades: Probably bring in Ablett or Judd for Walker.

Injury Concerns: Walker (Carl), Brown, Shuey

Kudos: My brother for not having Moles as an emergency for Mitchell. Gave me the win. Also happy with Jordan Russell.

Vent: Disappointed with Walker's injury. Has looked good the last couple of weeks.

Thoughts: Was going to get rid of Ball this week, Walker's injury keeps him in.

Score: 2230

Overall ranking: 5626

Heroes: Gablett, Malsexi, Waters, Barlow, Sandi, Pav, Gia, Bilbo (Ballantyne)

Villains: Hunt, Nicky Dal, Hille, Brown, Rioli, Rockliff, Selwood (needed 101 to win my mate league game - got 98:()

League Status: Won one by one, Lost won by 2 and smashed another guy

Trades: Thinking Hunt>Schmidt/P.Davis, Goodwin>Goddard

Kudos: Kudos to myself for not taking the 'C' of Gablett:p

Injury Concerns: JBrown

Vent: Essendon Kick the Frekin Ball (not SC but still:mad:)

Thoughts: Knights should get the sack.. Bring back Sir James Hird;) (again not SC but... Grrr Knights:mad:)

Score: 2284

Overall ranking: 2319

Heroes: Waters, Gaz, Barlow, Trengove, Martin, Bazza, Balla

Villains: GOODWIN! grrr. Dal Santo. Hille. J.Brown. Dangerfield

League Status: 1st. 1st and 1st!

Injury concerns: Brown. Shuey.

Trades: As much as I want Judd probably none this week.

Vent: Why didn't I just pick Gilbert over f**kin Goodwin from the start! Second s**t game in a row. I refuse to trade a premium though so hopefully he lifts. And Dangerfield is slightly frustrating aswell. But i love the boy.. Hopefully Adelaide pull their fingers out soon!

Kudos
: Balla.. I was contemplating trading you for Pods last week mate due to your high breakeven of 92 and you come out and score a cool calm and collected 117. You bloody ripper! Also Bazza! Love it mate. Was looking at going Baz-Goodes this week but after another ton he's earnt himself another week in my team.

Thoughts: I have $117,000 in the bank (from my Roo-Higgins trade a while back) so want to use this to upgrade someone soon.. But at the moment it's proving to not quite be enough money for a decent upgrade for the likes of Hunt, Hille or Danger... And so we wait.....

Score:2252

Overall ranking: 19,476

Heroes: GAJ, Pendles, Hall, Malsexi, Barlow, Sandi, Pav, Trengove

Villains: Brown, Rioli, Rockliff, Swan

League Status: 1st

Trades: not this week,will cover Brown &/or Boyd if they don`t play

Cash: 58,000

Kudos: Skipper GAJ

Injury Concerns: JBrown,Boyd

Vent: Fwd line crap

Thoughts: Happy to be back into top 20,000 with lots of upside to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Score: 2 065 massive league loss

Overall ranking: 18623

Heroes: Malceski Hodge Ablett Barlow ROK Franklin Ballantyne

Villains: Myself for starting martin over Bastinac, plus not having the guts to bench Brown when I knew he was injured. Also Hunt, Lake, Swan, Rockliff, Murphy.

League Status: 15th and I deserve to be

Injury concerns: Gram, Brown, Shuey

Trades: 17 but gotta burn more. Need to get Goddard in as all my league opponents have him and it's killing me. Murphy is gone it's just a question of who for. Tippett is shaky, and I think Hunt may have reached his peak.

Vent: Everything

Kudos: Ablett then daylight

Thoughts: My year is gonneski. Best to concentrate on league glory now.

Score: 2364

Overall ranking: 7769

Heroes: Traded in Ablett for Mitchell late Friday after ummming and ahhhing all week - (Premium --> Avgas ;) ), Malceski, Waters, Cloke, Hall, Barlow, Pods, Trengove (accidentally left him on the field at the expense of Martin), Sandilands.

Villains: Hunt 48, Brown 38, Rioli 35, Medhurst 46, Watson 81, ~Natanui 57.

League Status: 2, 1, 2

Injury concerns: Brown??

Trades: Would like to get in Chapman for Medhurst, I can fund it with removing Hunt for Davis and playing Maguire.

Vent: Riewoldt to Rioli looks poor, though plowing the cash into Ablett might pay off.

Kudos: Barlow, Martin & Trengove. Clokes last 3 weeks as somewhat of an original pick

Thoughts: Need to avoid flavour of the week trades.

Score: 2359 :)

Overall ranking:
6260 (up from 24k in rnd 2)

Heroes:
Sandilands, Ablett, Macleski, Pendles, TRENGOVE :)

Villains:
JBrown (lol, nice trade me), Hunt, Seaby, Ball, Brennan, Medders

League Status:
1st, 10th and 3rd. My 3 leagues are ranked 12, 14 and 17 so its gonna be tough

Injury concerns:
Jonathan F'n Brown. And Shuey.

Trades:
Prob not. save em up with rookies developing. Juddy is very tempting tho

Vent:
It was only a few weeks ago we were comparing Rooey and JB to Carey....

Kudos:
Super premium midfield of Trengove, Barlow and Martin :D

Thoughts: Happy to be up to a reasonable ranking. Within striking distance of the good teams. If i can keep going up by more than 5k places each week then this will be easy lolz

Score: 2,203

Overall ranking: 10,907

Heroes:
Ablett, Barlow, Malceski, Martin, Sandilands, Pavlich.

Villains: Lecras, Hille, Brown, Swan

League Status: 1st

Injury concerns: brown?

Trades: Probabaly none barring injuries, upgrading Swan to Montagna is tempting

Vent: Brown :mad: Swan, Lecras massive WTF

Kudos: Ablett, Barlow, Sandilands, Martin

Thoughts: Did will this week, with a donut and the shitness of the Villians (barring Hille because he's been s**t all year.) and scored my highest score this year. Hopefully it goes up.

Score: 2,264

Overall ranking: 2,989

Heroes:
Ablett, Barlow, Malceski, Martin (on bench), Maguire (on bench) Beep! Beep! @$$@#$$, Sandilands, Pavlich,Waters, Goddard, Hodge, Trengrove, Montagna, ROK and Chapman.

Villains: Bastanic, Silvagni, Dangerfield for being Adelaide Kryptonite to my Supercoach team, Hille, Brown, Swan, Enright.

League Status: 3rd, 9th

Injury concerns: J.Brown, Shuey

Trades: Spud Bastinac > Kayler-Thomson and Dangerfield > Franklin. Next week Hille > Cox with my $150,000 in the kitty. I would so love to get Judd though this week, may see whats happening with J.Brown first.

Vent: Judd_Magic as coach for putting Bastanic with 28 on the ground over Martin 100 and Silvagni 43 on the ground over Maguire 96. WTF was I thinking? To top it off my trades went to sh1t. Hall > Pods and Ladson > H.Shaw. I still think they will better me in the long term though. Last weekend was the weekend that everything I touched turned to sh1t. :thumbsdown:

Kudos: Captain Ablett for pulling out a 170 and giving me a respectable score after Silvagni, Bastinac, Hille and Dangerfield spudded it up for me.

Thoughts: Dispite my trade in's not impressing me and picking the wrong rookies on the ground I still managed to move up the rankings which was good.

Really not sure who to trade for this week. Heart says Judd, head says get rid of Dangerfield > Franklin and Hille > Cox next week.

JM, im guessing you have about 12 trades left and that will go down to 9 after next week. Hmmm... I think you should lock yourself out of your supercoach page for a few weeks

JM, im guessing you have about 12 trades left and that will go down to 9 after next week. Hmmm... I think you should lock yourself out of your supercoach page for a few weeks

Nah mate I have 14 left. Shutting up shop for 4-5 weeks after I get Franklin and Cox, just want my team looking nice before I put the "closed for trading" sign on the door. :D:thumbsu:

Score: 2,161

Overall ranking: 3,485

Heroes:
(***Quoting JM) "Ablett, Selwood, Barlow, Malceski, Martin (on bench), Maguire (on bench) Beep! Beep! @$$@#$$, Sandilands ... Waters, Goddard, Hodge ... ROK" and also BBBBH & Goodes.

Villains: (*** Again Quoting JM) "Bastanic, Silvagni, Dangerfield for being Adelaide Kryptonite to my Supercoach team ... Swan, Enright" ... And also Hunt (Bench), Seaby, Rockliff (Bench) & RIOLI!!!! :eek:

League Status: NA

Injury concerns: None.

Trades: Bastinac > Judd ... Completed & Ready for next week!! :D

Vent: I did what everyone else did & put on Silvagni over Maguire and Bastanic over Martin.... Just looking at the match ups & grounds I was so confident of my choices... AND RIOLI FFS!!! Wtf!?!? I traded you in for ROO dam it!! Having a bloody big fat zero by not trading Roo out and leaving him on the field would have made me more satisfied than your pathetic effort... You better make up for it asap... Or at least knock someone out in the essendon game and get suspended for 10 weeks and give me a reason to trade you out again. :mad:

Kudos: Ablett's 170 saved my ass.... I was looking great after the swannies game too, then had some hopeless performances by the rest of my side.... SO really, Kudos to Sydney & Geelong players. Simple.

Thoughts: Will be an interesting week cash cow wise... Who's going to perform? Will there be some good profit taking next week or not? What about Melb... Can they win again? Will the tigers or Adel get up?? Please..... I don't think I can handle many more upsets myself (unless the Swannies are the underdogs that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back