2010 - The Monday Wrap Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Monday Wrap (round 21)

Score: 2292 (With 2 0's Pav and ROK

Overall ranking: 1426

Heroes: Joey and NDS for once firing in the same week, Goddard (C), Brown, Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Enright, Cox

Villains: Mal not so sexy, Gilbee, Judd,

League Status: GF in home league and BF demons, kicked out last week in BF div 15 after finishing 2 games clear in first

Injury concerns: Sandi and Pav but freo really want the home final so should be fine. Only have cover in the midfield so hoping for nothing to pop up.

Trades: Spent

Vent: a couple of hasty trades late in the season has cost me top 1000. I'll have a full side next week but 400 places is to far.

Kudos: NDS and joey firing in the same week, has been far too long. That and the internet connection at work was so slow that I couldn't change my captain from Goddard to Garry. Maybe it was just fates guiding hand.

Thoughts: Do we really have to wait 7 months for next season?

Score: 2142... :(

Overall ranking: 10,336

Heroes: Brown, Goddard, Enright, Trent Dennis-Lane, Pods and Montagna

Villains: Where to begin.... Okeefe, Rob Murphy, Judd, Cooney (but not his fault), Gilbee and Malceski.

League Status: Into Grand Final of my cash league which im very pleased with.

Injury concerns: Cooney, Hodge?, Sandilands, Pavlich, Fyfe, Okeefe and Pods (susp)

Trades: Only got one left so will probably be doing Cooney --> Chapman if he is not rested.

Vent: Changed Goddard to capt Friday afternoon but changed back to Swan 5 mins before lockout :(. Also damn Pods going and getting himself in trouble.... will def miss a few for that hit :(

Kudos: Trent Dennis-Lane for providing awesome cover for Pavlich and Brown not only playing but having a monster game!

Thoughts: Well i should win my cash league grand final but there are two prizes, Winner of the Grand final and Most Points in our league at the end of the season. Currently im top on points by 296 and 298 from 2nd and 3rd. So really hoping Pav, Sandilands and Okeefe all come up this week and i can take home both prizes!

Score: 2472

Overall ranking: 274

Heroes: Nicky Dal, Joey, Brown, Goddard, Rooey, Enright, Chappy.

Villains: Moore, Clark, Macleski, Gilbee, Shaw.

League Status: 2 Grand Finals. Minimum take home $500.

Injury concerns: ROK, Pods (Suspension)

Trades: 0.

Vent: Lost 103 points by starting Moore over TDL. Rookie error.

Kudos: Saints boys.

Thoughts: Need TDL to reproduce to cover Pods and hopefully take home $1k.

Score: 2,518

Overall ranking: 1,688

Heroes: Goddard (C), Enright, Montagna, NDS, Chappy, Goodes, Buddy, Brown, Roo.

Villains: Clark, Trengove (PA), Hitchcock, Heater. Pods for getting reported.

League Status: 2 x GF. Surprised to knock of PK in 1 PF.

Injury concerns: Hodge?, Sandi, ROK.

Trades: Did the same as Hondo. Traded in Pods at last minute to win my prelim final against PK Le Grand. Will now have to put up with Hitchcock in GF.

Vent: Pods getting rubbed out when l was backing him for 120+ this week against WC at Skilled. Clark, Trengove & Hitchy combined = 110 WTF.

Kudos: Gilbert & Kennelly again outscores Eski. Gilbert has now scored 1 more point than Eski since l traded him. Monty & NDS with 342 points between.

Thoughts: I have had a great last month and lifted my ranking some 5000 spots.
Will battle it out with FBDonkey in one GF which should be tight. Main priority is work league GF as there is big bragging rights involved. Have choked in 08 & 09 PF's and copped plenty for it - Pay back time has arrived.

Score: 2,498

Overall ranking: 4,808

Heroes: Goddard (C), Enright, Montagna, Goodes, Selwood, Thomas, N Riewoldt, JB and Dennis- Lane

Villains: Malceski, Gilbee, Waite

League Status: 3 x GF.

Injury concerns: Hodge, Sandilands, ROK, JB and 'General Soreness'

Trades: 1 left. Traded out Pav for Thomas.. Now have 35k to play with

Vent: Malceski and Gilbee again failing.

Kudos: Dennis-Lane for filling in for ROK.

Thoughts: Very satisfied with the weekend. Should be interesting come selection night. If there is no general soreness and no changes the only trade will be either Hurn or Waters out. With 35k not many options for Hurn.. either Mackie or Carrazzo :( Waters trade fetches me Gilbert :thumbsu:

Score: 2397

Overall ranking: 3474

Heroes: Brown, Gibbs, Enright, Hurn..welcome back lads :thumbsu:

Villains: Clark 35 (4 FA + 1 50 i think in the first qtr wtf)

League Status: Into granny.... of minors in my home league lol.
3rd ranked team though...them's the joys :eek:

Injury concerns: Pav, Didak, ROK, Hodge, Hayes?

Trades: Nope.

Vent: Clark, ROK and Hitch ruined what would've been a top weekend.

Kudos/Vent : Hurn, you come back and absolutely dominate for a half :thumbsu: then barely touch it the second. Was on track for a monster as well.

Thoughts: Looking forward to watching footy without sc in mind :eek: :D

Score: 2312

Overall ranking: 2240

Heroes: Goodard, Enright, Dal Santo, Montagna , Brown, Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin

Villains: Malceski, Gilbee, Judd, Waite, O' Keefe

League Status: Made grand final in 2 of my leagues, also in the minor final in my 3rd one

Injury concerns: Cooney, Sandilands, Hodge, O'keefe

Trades: got none left

Vent: Got off to a great start and was looking to get 2500+, thats until the syd v Dogs game

Kudos: To my st kilda players

Thoughts: been fairly happy with my team this year, hopefully can win my GF's and finish the year on a good note

Score: 2431

Overall ranking: 234th

Heroes: Goddard, Enright, Nicky Dal, Roo, Brown & Buddy

Villains: Malceski, Gilbee & ROK for MIA

League Status: Three GFs

Injury concerns: Hodge, Sandi & ROK

Trades: Two trades left. If Hodge is out, then Hodge > Broughton, then I might trade jPOD, Sandi or Rohan/Stevenson > Prem, for some decent cover.

Vent: Late withdrawals.

Kudos: Team effort over the last few rounds. Have risen for 16 consecutive weeks in the rankings. If only I had've had Goddard and Chapman from the start, I'd be pushing for much higher honours.

Thoughts: I should have all three GFs sewn up, as my toughest competitors are behind me Having said that, anything can happen in this game.

Score: 2345

Overall ranking: 13,085th (up by 3057) Have jumped over 10,000 spots in last 3 weeks:cool:

Heroes: To the 15 players who scored 100+ (Special mention to J.Brown 161):thumbsu:

Villains: Malceski - 39 , ROK - 0 , Trengove - 40 & Gia - 46

League Status: Two GF's (Was put out in BF Div 7 in the 1st week of finals) - In GF of Hawk BF Div 1 made it in from 7th spot & my opponent made it from 8th so it's a 7th vs 8th GF you don't see that too often.

Injury concerns: Hodge, Sandi & ROK. + Pods(Suspended)

Trades: Two trades left & $126,100 in bank. Not sure what I will do yet.

Vent: no vents

Kudos: Refer to heroes.

Thoughts: Ranking wise my worst season ever my previous worst was approx. 10,000th (my first year). My start this year really hurt my rankings with 2 scores under 2k in the first 4 weeks which seen me drop to 58,000th. & was just pushing s**t uphill from there.
Happy enough with my finish though nothing under 2200 in the last 5 weeks which has seen me jump 15,000 spots from 28,225th to 13,085th.

Score: 2391

Overall ranking: 1 767 up 572 places from last week

Heroes: Montagna Brown Goddard Enright Hodge Riewoldt Selwood Cox Chappy Franklin PODS

Villains: Lake Malceski Murphy

League Status: eliminated by 18 points in Big Footy Geelong Div 3. Dang.

Injury concerns: Lake, Hodge Sandi plus Pods to suspension

Trades: 1 left, to be used on replacing Pods. SJ the likely swap.

Vent: Lake and Malceski! The first time in league all year I play someone who has neither of you and you both spud it up! This combined with Murphy giving away frees and turning it over, instead of providing proper cover for ROK, lost me my league match.

Kudos: JB...nice to see you uninjured and back to your best.

Thoughts: If you'd told me after the first few rounds of the season that I'd finish top 2000 I would have been amazed and taken it in a heartbeat. Hopefully one more good round and I will finish there, which I'm happy with for my first year in SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back