Player Sponsorship 2010 Travis Varcoe sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Travis Varcoe Sponsorship 2010

Sponsorship is open for 2010..click the image to find out all about it

Why did we decide to have it as minimum $50? Being in Tasmania, and not getting to any games or ever being able to get to any of the events if I were to win, I could justify $20 - as I'd done every year since this started.

$50 isn't so easily justified to me.

It's hard to raise $1500 -$1700 if people are just giving $10 or $20. I cannot help your situation (ie being unable to attend events) but it would have been the same even if you could only contributed $20.

But if you want to be involved this year then the minimum price is $50. It's just the economic reallity of it all. Other boards members are happy to pay that amount and some of them sponsor up to 4 players.

I think we are offering a really good deal and I think even if you don't win one of the prizes you may get a signed photo. No other board does that my friend.

But in the end if you seriously cannot afford it then that is life.

At $50 we need 30 people to buy one share each.

I will definitely sign up again... When do we need to have it done by?

I haven't got the details off the club yet. Same story every year. But it will middle of next month so get in early. Paypal will also take a credit card payment if you don't have an account and you don't want to sign up for one.

Just bought 2 shares!

How much notice do you get if you win the seats to the sponsors dinner?

Statement/Question: We get gold instead of platinum BF membership unless we buy two shares. What is breakdown of where our money goes for each? Does any of it go to BF? I am going to re-sponsor, I just want to be sure where my funds go before I choose.

Statement/Question: We get gold instead of platinum BF membership unless we buy two shares. What is breakdown of where our money goes for each? Does any of it go to BF? I am going to re-sponsor, I just want to be sure where my funds go before I choose.

All money goes to the Geelong Football Club. The BFSC memberships are given free with the shares and BF does not get any money from it.

I cannot help your situation (ie being unable to attend events) but it would have been the same even if you could only contributed $20.

Exactly my point really - I could justify spending $20, knowing full well I wasn't able to participate like other members, because it's for a good cause. I can't quite justify the $50.

That's fine, I'm not causing a stink or even asking you to change the figure. I'm happy to accept that. But unfortunately I'm not going to be able to contribute this year now that it's been decided to change, which for me is sad considering I'd been there right from the start.

2 people could go halves if they want to organise it. You both buy 1 share between you and split any draw prize wins if you are lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to raise $1500 -$1700 if people are just giving $10 or $20.

It's even harder than that as the cost of sponsorship has gone up by at least $500 to over $2000 thanks to Travis now being a 'premiership player', which is the primary reason for the shift to $50 shares.

OK the details are in Payments can be accepted up to the 14th Feb, as I will have to pay it up on the 15th.

we need to raise $2050

Prizes now include an adult home 11 membership and a September member as well

So get in ASAP

just bought two shares :thumbsu:

How do you know which payment is from which poster? because it didn't ask for my big footy account or anything.

hopefully posters will state in here that they have done it. Otherwise if I am unsure I will email you and ask you what your BF UN is. People can always use the message section on their payment to state what there BF UN is

Re: Travis Varcoe Sponsorship 2010 (updated)

lgmp0163+homer-simpson-doh-the-simpsons-mini-poster.jpg

sorry folks, I don't know why I got it into my head it was feb. Thanks for setting me straight on that one. That means no early draw. Feb 14 is the closing day for sponsorships. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back