I love DELEDIO

Senior List
Dec 16, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Real Madrid
This game is all set up to be a blockbuster, with many young guns running around for both teams. Clarence been very up and down all year, showing what they really can do against a very disappointing Launceston outfit on Saturday night under lights at Aurora. while on the other hand North Launceston finished on top and look likely to go in favorites after knocking of Clarence in week one of the finals.

What does everybody think about this delicious match up??

North Launnie are a really good team so i would probably pick them to win it on saturday

Got a few close mates that play for the roos, they are very confident about the weekend.

i played against both teams this year and north launceston would be the better team in my opinion out of the two, but clarence could get up on saturday, should be a pretty close game though but yeahh im still going to back north launceston.

I'm with Clarence. Huge turning point was the one point win over North Hobart. They also have a lot of depth that should give them the edge in a hard fought contest. Clarence by 15.

Clarence have had everything fall in their lap at the right time. Home grand final, and I don't think the 2 weeks off will help North Launy at this stage of the year. Going in after a 70 point win in the prelim like Clarence did is a much better prep. Some big names back in the Clarence 18s side helps as well.

Clarence by 21.

North Hobart-North Launy double in reserves-18s would be the perfect start to the day though. :thumbsu:

Got a few close mates that play for the roos, they are very confident about the weekend.

No surprse there. Typical Clarence arrogance. I pray to god North Launy win. Couldnt handle more Clarence BS. A team that loses 2 finals obviuosly doesnt deserve to be there. Get on the Bombers!

Clarence dropped back a few Tassie Mariners against Lauderdale in the last game of the home & away season but still lost!

North Launny have been the best side all year. Hope they can pull out another win on saturday

Walsh has destroyed Clarence both times they have played this year, he is surely to get tagged extremely hard if they can do a good job and shut him down and limit his effectiveness with the ball it will give Clarence a great chance of winning.

No surprse there. Typical Clarence arrogance. I pray to god North Launy win. Couldnt handle more Clarence BS. A team that loses 2 finals obviuosly doesnt deserve to be there. Get on the Bombers!

Australian football grand finals are not about who deserves to win (Hawthorn '08 for example). If we wanted the winner to be the team that deserves it every year, we wouldn't play finals (English Premier League for example). We have finals so any team can win, through perseverance and by having the ability to step up at important moments. This is what helps make Australian Rules original and entertaining. Clarence have had the ability to step up at key moments (last two weeks), so they have done what it takes to have the chance to win the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a heavy analysis of both clubs, i see North Launceston winning comfortably. They both play a very similar style of game, just North Launceston do it better. Clarence rely heavily on Parker and Gleeson to do their grunt work and get it out to the many receivers they have in their side, if they have quiet games the Bombers will smash them. Very very well coached as well North Launie.

Australian football grand finals are not about who deserves to win (Hawthorn '08 for example). If we wanted the winner to be the team that deserves it every year, we wouldn't play finals (English Premier League for example). We have finals so any team can win, through perseverance and by having the ability to step up at important moments. This is what helps make Australian Rules original and entertaining. Clarence have had the ability to step up at key moments (last two weeks), so they have done what it takes to have the chance to win the flag.

No, you missed Crusty's point. You say, correctly, that we have finals so any team can win, regardless of where they finish inside the top 6, and how well their season has gone compared to others inside that top 6. You are referring to the regular season that is why you use the EPL example of who 'deserves' to win. Crusty is referring to the finals series though. He says Clarence dont deserve their spot because they lost comfortably in the first two weeks of the finals. In any other finals competition in the country it's goodbye after that. That has nothing to do with regular season form.

No, you missed Crusty's point. You say, correctly, that we have finals so any team can win, regardless of where they finish inside the top 6, and how well their season has gone compared to others inside that top 6. You are referring to the regular season that is why you use the EPL example of who 'deserves' to win. Crusty is referring to the finals series though. He says Clarence dont deserve their spot because they lost comfortably in the first two weeks of the finals. In any other finals competition in the country it's goodbye after that. That has nothing to do with regular season form.

My point still remains though. Clarence has done what it take to have the chance to win the flag, they should be respected. They won when they had to. If you win when you have to win, you inevitably win the premiership. The finals system can't be criticised as handing a grand final to Clarence, there are many different finals systems around Australia for Australian Football and there has always been a dispute on which is the most acceptable.

There is no reason at all why Clarence U18's shouldn't be able to win the premiership. At the moment the Clarence U18's footballing capabilities are being disrespected/ignored.

Mark Walsh will be best on. Sensational player, great kick with both feet.

will walsh win the league B and F?

Smith and Bowen from Burnie are fairly good chances of winning it as well.

along with Dudgeon from Lauderdale and Martin-Thurlow from Launny

will walsh win the league B and F?

Smith and Bowen from Burnie are fairly good chances of winning it as well.

along with Dudgeon from Lauderdale and Martin-Thurlow from Launny

Not sure if he will. He'd be a chance but he's missed some matches due to going away with the state 16s and also playing some seniors. Martin-Thurlow is a gun but he won't win it. He didn't really start to fire until the finals and he missed 5+ games anyway. I haven't seen Smith or Bowen but Dudgeon would have to be in with a chance. Riley from North Hobart will get some votes:thumbsu:

Not sure if he will. He'd be a chance but he's missed some matches due to going away with the state 16s and also playing some seniors. Martin-Thurlow is a gun but he won't win it. He didn't really start to fire until the finals and he missed 5+ games anyway. I haven't seen Smith or Bowen but Dudgeon would have to be in with a chance. Riley from North Hobart will get some votes:thumbsu:

is riley the small, really quick wingman?

smith is only 15 and was one of burnie's better players all year
and bowen missed the first seven games and finished 3 votes behind ruckman Nick Rolls (the eventual winner) in their club B and F

What's happened to all the post game talk fellas?

Terrific win by the Bombers, set it up with a brilliant first quarter where they booted 5.6 and held Clarence scoreless until the last 5 seconds of the quarter. Take that out of the game and it was a very even contest.

Isaac Gaul nailed a couple of goals in succession in the third quarter which tightened up the scores and it looked like a Clarence comeback was on the cards but the Bombers were good enough to hold off that challenge.

Ethan Petterwood picked up the best on ground medal. Mitch Van Den Berg was very good - even if he did duck his head horribly late in the game! Thought Mark Walsh had a decent game too, especially in the first half.

For Clarence Jake Jenkins was a good performer, and Aaron Fitzpatrick up forward gave his side a target. Didn't mind Sam Rainbird either across half back.

There was a lot of niggle throughout...and a few cheap shots to go with it, but overall a very good game of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back