Review 2011/2012 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be NSW if we're expecting to have them on our list for 2012 - must be a basketball project player as some have already said.

Andrew Bogut??? :p

I would say le Bron James but we need someone to play in the 4th quarter, so give him a miss.

I would say le Bron James but we need someone to play in the 4th quarter, so give him a miss.

4th-quarter_display_image.jpg

LeBron would leave our team the next season anyways and go to the same team as the rest of the free agents to try and win the grand final.

Tippett to take his "talents to Broadbeach"?:eek::eek:

Geez.. Big decision.

Want to televise it?
The Decision?! :D :thumbsu:

Brian Scalabrine?:p
WINNER! :thumbsu:

scalring_medium.jpg

Have you heard about McDonald's serving the new McBrons? If you eat it during the fourth quarter, you're guaranteed to choke!

If you ask LeBron James for change for a dollar, he'll only give you three quarters in return.

Apple has just released the LeBron James iPhone. Only vibrates. No rings.

LeBron James skipped college in order to avoid the finals.

Today is national LeBron James Day—everyone gets out of work 12 minutes early!

LeBron James will release his autobiography as soon as he comes up with a title.

4th-quarter_display_image.jpg

dirk-choke1_display_image.jpg

They never get old! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have seen Symes best and he's just not good enough to be best 22 or even the first handful of first selected emergencies. Symes will be 27 next year and I can't see him been in our side in the future and he isn't at the present so I don't see what he has to add to the side. At least with guys like Young, Sellar, Craig you can pull out the "young" or "developing" cards saying they have room to improve and will be around for quite some time if they do make it, I just don't think that's the case with Symes.

Don't confuse facts with what you want to believe. History shows that the coaches have said this just isn't true. They have always picked Symes when he has been available. Having said that, the new regime may have a different view and won't have Symes in their best 22. I'll look forward to seeing (with some amusement) if he is still in favour.

With the potential delists and the recent recruits, the defense is an interesting area for us.

Noble has been saying we recruited Jenkins as a backup to Jacobs and McKernan (obvious the club is seeing McKernan as a ruck these days). So if we take the tallest 4 we have Tip (Forward), Jacobs, McKernan and Jenkins.

Now in defense we need to have a couple of genuine talls and then third tall/utility. For the genuine tall there is Thompson, Talia and Sellar. Talia has shown the best promise with to be honest a par between Thompson and Sellar in the replays I have watched of last season.

I haven't counted Craig on this mix but I doubt the club has him in mind as a defender.

The support utility type there is Young (untested really), Sam Shaw (yet to get on the park consistently), Rutten, Lynch and Johnston.

Will be interesting to see what happens but Young and Sellar do look doubtful to remain. But given Rutten has 2 more seasons til the speed of the game starts to take its toll, we have really only got Lynch, Johnston and Shaw as the third tall all of which are unknown.

Some tough decisions coming

Talk of Symes being de-listed is stupid. He is a solid performing depth player who goes in hard, has some degree of footy smarts and is experienced. His only weakness is his loopy kick and there is no way he will be booted because of that.

Symes is not a top shelf player like Thommo, Truck or Stiffy, and doesn't fall within the age group that we're trying to build.

That's not stupid, that's good list management.

Talk of Symes being de-listed is stupid. He is a solid performing depth player who goes in hard, has some degree of footy smarts and is experienced. His only weakness is his loopy kick and there is no way he will be booted because of that.

This year, unlikely. We've already made a host of changes and the draft is shallow, so unless he gets the chop so we can senior list Callinan I don't see us cutting quite that deep.

But with a superdraft next year, Symes will probably be on awful thin ice come October 2012, along with anyone else pushed to the bottom of the selection order - and you would hope that some of our most recent draftees (eg Smith, Brown, Riley, Lyons, Shaw) would be capable of surpassing him in literal impact and ability, as well as ranking, otherwise they could be on the block instead along with the likes of Martin, and possibly even Reilly, Petrenko and Henderson. If we finish as low down the ladder as most expect, you'd better believe we'll cut right to the bone.

What about for salary cap room??

I like where this thread is heading.

LeBrone would be the perfect sub though, sub him off at 3/4 time and he can do some dance on the sideline and bump chests in the last.

With our lack of depth though, would it hurt to have him on the list?

We have to delist three of Sellar, Cook, Symes, Young and Craig.

For starters, our KPP stocks took a huge hit over the last year - Bock, Davis, Stevens, Gunston and Maric are gone. We covered ourselves through trade week but with unknown quantities so we need to keep our options open, in which case via process of elimination, Cook and Symes are the first to go IMO.

Craig has upside and we haven't had a chance to see it yet, so I'd give him another year. Then raffle the last spot between Sellar and Young - good reasons to keep and delist both of them.

The other key factor is salary cap - Symes would be the highest paid player in that group by a long way and yet he's no guarantee of playing 22 games in 2012, even Craigy dropped him a couple of times this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back