2011 Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we draft him just to **** with them

Yeah personally I want the Lions to draft the best player available as opposed to drafting to spite another team.

I really wanted WHE with pick 8 but I can't see it happening unless we can somehow upgrade our pick through trade week which is unlikely. I think he'll prob go around 5 or 6.

Yeah personally I want the Lions to draft the best player available as opposed to drafting to spite another team.

I really wanted WHE with pick 8 but I can't see it happening unless we can somehow upgrade our pick through trade week which is unlikely. I think he'll prob go around 5 or 6.

Well if he climbs up the ranks hopefully Longer(Possible) Tyson, Wingard(Longshots) slide to #8. Wingard this years Rich???

Personally I hope we draft Talls instead of best available the whole draft.

Well if he climbs up the ranks hopefully Longer(Possible) Tyson, Wingard(Longshots) slide to #8. Wingard this years Rich???
I am in no way an expert, not even close, in fact I'm just like most others who like to follow the draft but their only sources are what they read on the internet.... However, from what I've read, Tyson and Wingard will be taken well before 8, and if Longer slides, surely GWS wont pass him up at 7. Am I correct?

If the generic top 7 (in no particular order) of Patton, Coniglio, Buntine, Wingard, Tyson, Longer, Hoskins-Elliot turn out as the actual top 7 then who would be everyone's favourite here?

Sumner, Grigg, Kavanagh or Elton are the obvious options... Would love Longer, WHE, or Wingard though.

I am in no way an expert, not even close, in fact I'm just like most others who like to follow the draft but their only sources are what they read on the internet.... However, from what I've read, Tyson and Wingard will be taken well before 8, and if Longer slides, surely GWS wont pass him up at 7. Am I correct?

If the generic top 7 (in no particular order) of Patton, Coniglio, Buntine, Wingard, Tyson, Longer, Hoskins-Elliot turn out as the actual top 7 then who would be everyone's favourite here?

Sumner, Grigg, Kavanagh or Elton are the obvious options... Would love Longer, WHE, or Wingard though.

I know Wingard and Tyson will probably be gone but Longer is a slim chance after doing his hammy.

I know Wingard and Tyson will probably be gone but Longer is a slim chance after doing his hammy.
If he doesn't and the 7 I listed before are taken before our pick, who would you take?

If he doesn't and the 7 I listed before are taken before our pick, who would you take?

I get to see some junior footy(Not as much as Quigley and the others) but the other ones who impressed me were Taylor Adams, Toby Greene and Kavanagh. I would go for Elton with #8 if we got #16 from Freo though. But Elton could go anywhere from #5 to #30 in my opinion.

How bad though? Is he constantly tearing his hamstrings because it seems a strange thing for someone to slide for, dodgy knees I can understand. Hamstring injuries recovery can be anywhere from 1 week to 3 months.

How bad though? Is he constantly tearing his hamstrings because it seems a strange thing for someone to slide for, dodgy knees I can understand. Hamstring injuries recovery can be anywhere from 1 week to 3 months.

I heard it was fairly bad but I would not be sure. While I still think Longer will be taken before us its not impossible.

Sounds like WHE came second in the 3km time trial, according to Emma Quayle:

Brad Hill v Will Hoskin-Elliott was the best race I've seen at a DC. Side by side til last lap, Will moved ahead then Brad kicked and won

This is where I don't understand this argument. What if Kerr decides that Tippett is better than any of the likely options at pick 8? After all, he is entitled to make that decision given his responsibility for list management. And you can't tell me that Hadley isn't involved in that decision making process as well.

So, in essence, the argument is that we trust Kerr/Hadley to pick the right 18yo but we don't trust them to pick the right 24yo?

I don't blindly trust them in either trade or draft but I will say that the faith that I invest in them on draft day is the same as I invest in them in trade week.

I hear what your saying and yes they are entitled to make that call. I will trust whatever decision they make.

This is just my opinion. But I just don't understand why a club would take such a huge risk by trading their first round pick for a 24 year old pay packet who hasn't really set the AFL on fire. It's a massive call and I don't want our club to get burnt again. That's just me.

Clark is gone, so why must we also throw away our first round pick as well? Are people forgetting how good Clark can be? He was a top 10 pick and can seriously play. His currency maybe low at the minute but in my opinion his trade value is far better than Tippetts. We don't need to offer such a huge sweetner to get the Clark trade done.

I haven't seen him (disclaimer up front) but people who know more than me think he's excellent athletically but only adequate talent-wise. I wouldn't have thought we'd be looking at him unless it's with our second round pick if we prefer him over all others.

hey just a question ,so do people still think we are going for a mid at pick 8?

Too hard to say. We certainly need to keep drafting some mids, we can't rest on the group we currently have, no matter how promising they are. At the same time, we really need to get some KPP in. Problem is we just about need KPP to play now, and we haven't really got many that we've been developing. We might try trade in a tall and draft mids.

Could also come down to who is available at our first pick. If someone like a Longer is still available, we might go him instead of a mid. If the talls we want are gone, we will probs just go best available.

Clarke trade could throw up an interesting play, depending on what we get. Throwing it out there but what do you all think it could be? The only hint is; if we get what we as lions supporters feel what we should get we can go the table with another club and look to the future!!!

I hope we draft him just to **** with them

That stragedy worked wonders with Sheldon.:D

IMO - no to pick 8 for Tippet. Not worth it. If what we get for Mitch is not enough, so be it. Even though we have the core of a good mid group, 1 more class act is a better option -again IMO.

Have GC already selected Peter Yagmoor as one of their zone picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back