2011 End of Season Player Departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Should this thread be retitled "list changes" instead of "player departures"? Because if you're including rookie elevations and trades in, then that doesn't really fall under "departures".

Also, if you're including trades in, you might as well include guaranteed draft picks. In that case, you could add Tom Mitchell to the Swans.

Here is an article on Tadhg's retirement:

Link
Sydney Swan Tadhg Kennelly retires from AFL
Sam Edmund Herald Sun September 01, 2011 9:17AM
031677-tadhg-kennelly.jpg

THE Irish jig is up. Sydney defender Tadhg Kennelly announced this morning that he will retire at the end of the season.

Kennelly informed teammates of his plans at training earlier today, telling them the decision felt right after several weeks of contemplation.

The Irishman, who will continue playing as long as the Swans are alive in this year's finals series, will depart as one of the game's great success stories
Link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blokes like Albert Proud absolutely s**t me ... all the talent and opportunities in the world and they piss it up against the wall

Probably will have not much to report on with the Saints until our season's end. Possibly M. Gardiner and Baker immediately spring to mind

Gardiner is retiring & Baker isnt being offered a new contract. But of course wont be official until after the Grand Final ;)

Blokes like Albert Proud absolutely s**t me ... all the talent and opportunities in the world and they piss it up against the wall

Couldn't have said it better myself! And then you get blokes who aren't the most talented but work there ass off sometimes just to get onto an AFL list!

Brogan and cornes have not retired, unfortunatly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back